Online dating is pointless as a guy

Page 11 of 24 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Feb 2017, 10:39 am

Guys are more tolerant of women than women are of men, I think there are probably far more guys that don't care or even would see spectrum traits as a positive than vice versa for sure. Being attractive as a guy entails being able to 'provide & protect' so a job, car, social network, et cetera are heavily factored in whereas to be attractive as a woman is really pretty straight forward. Guys have a lot to work on with themselves, it's not as simple as hitting the gym and learning to smile. Not fair but that is the natural inequity between the sexes, biology and gender roles are not changing.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

While I understand your point, the Tinder statistics (by lack of a better metric for this) do show that men swipe right 48 percent of the time while women only do this 14 percent of the time. While it might not be the best metric, it does seem to indicate that women (on Tinder atleast) are much pickier than men.

Men probably just overlook the fatties or women with high maintenance profiles who seem up themselves.

Women will eliminate guys for more asinine reasons.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

Sometime World wrote:
Women will eliminate guys for more asinine reasons.

I saw this firsthand when I was out with a group and one of the women had Tinder out. The reasons she had for rejecting guys was absolutely ludicrous, mostly based on wild assumptions she made based on his profile. Plays hockey? He's a crazy jock. A little short? Not interested. No full body shots? He must be hiding something. Yes, this is literally things she said: she might have averaged 3 seconds per profile. I had to resist the urge to yell out "do you not see why you are constantly single?" She has rejected so many high quality guys I lost count, all because online dating gives her an inflated ego.

I honestly wish more men would tell these spoiled, egotistical, entitled princesses to %$# off. I could not believe the arrogance of some women's profiles: they literally had nothing to offer and expected the world. The men's profiles might be poor too but at least they don't make statements like "if you want to date me you'd better step up your game".

In hindsight I wish I walked out on more than one first date with the comment "call me when you are ready to be an adult" as they are in short supply on dating sites.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:32 pm

Better watch out or yiu be called a liar or sexist pig. Women are perfect everyone knows that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm

The woman GHF described seems to be "nutty" in many ways. I wouldn't use her as a "model" woman.

Like GHF says, maybe this woman is single for a good reason.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:02 pm

I agree, guys have less luck unless they can make themselves stand out. If I was a guy I wouldn’t bother. I’d get some hobbies and find some meet ups.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Aspiegrrrl wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Men pick which women to message, and the women they message then pick which men to respond to.

Women pick which men to message, and the men they message pick which women to respond to.

I think one's approach on dating sites depends on two things.

1. What you want.

2. What you want the ones you want to want (ideally you, or some version of you that is within easy change) and your ability to convey this.

A man whose (say, short and generic) messages seem to suggest he's taking a scattergun approach in search of A Girlfriend may not be taken to kindly by women who do not want to simply be A Girlfriend, and/but are hoping to in some way to be picked out for qualities they see and value in themselves (most of them, indeed most people, I'd guess). On the other hand, if he happens upon a woman who wants A Boyfriend and has so far had little interest, he may find a successful match, and they can try and build a relationship on the foundation of their mutual fear of being alone and so willing to be with pretty much anyone.

I don't think any first email from any total stranger on any dating site could possibly aim to make me feel special and valued. That's also not what I look for in a first email.

To me, online profiles provide enough d tail to either repulse me completely or consider corresponding with the person to obtain more info.

Well perhaps it was just a coincidence but most short messages I got came from guys with little to no info on their profile about them. On a couple occasions I messaged back people who did have more on profiles, but that usually just turned into them seeming to have nothing to say and me trying to strain to come up with stuff to keep the conversation going which was exhausting...So I gave up on those when it seemed to me they'd never initiate anything or contribute to decision making as far as activites to do and such.

I'd be a wreck if all that was up to me all the time. So perhaps I was also looking for someone who showed they were a bit better at initiation and decisions. So I certainly probably have some bais against the short message approach, especially if one is expecting the girl they message to do all the talking I mean it's frustrating to feel like you're fighting to keep an interaction going.

That's what guys have to do most of the time. I'm starting to feel I just dont have anything in common with any women. If I don't start conversations then nothing happens but they make no effort and I start to feel bad and worry if I'm just pestering them.

You should use forums and Facebook groups. People see the real you with less emphasis on photos and “hi how are you” *silence*.

Like I’ve said here, you get plenty of attention from women here. It might be for the wrong reasons at times, but it’s something. For example if there was a WP meetup I’d have a drink with you, and I’m the most annoying, hard to converse with on dating sites person of them all.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm

A WP meetup would be a terrifying nightmare.

*shivers*

I pass.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

Ya'know I don't think any of these things on love and dating are the problem. What really is the problem is the damn pressure to rush a date with two strangers to win a title. All of those other problems can be fixed easily by not listening to the annoying supporters outside of this forum telling you to do something you don't feel comfortable doing. Is there a law that if you don't get a date as soon as possible you are to be in the electric chair? Seriously, easy solution, don't listen to strangers telling you who you should date. If you don't feel comfortable with the person at all then the relationship won't be comfortable.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

^ No, there's no such law - but humans are not immortals you know.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

There's nobody telling me what to do. I'm annoying with a purpose. I intend to try to be with someone. Cuddling is not something guys are permitted to do. Also hugging, kissing sharing secrets. Can't do that with just a friend. It's off limits. It's not even just that. What I would do to be able to work and agree together with someone. Or have one person do one thing while the other does something else. There's a lot more... I just want something like that without the biased neurotypical outlook. Online dating is useful. I cannot fully form thoughts the same.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The woman GHF described seems to be "nutty" in many ways. I wouldn't use her as a "model" woman.

Most of the single women are that way. If they weren’t they’d be in a relationship but they so picky so they remain single. The ones who aren’t mostly got together got married and have a family now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:21 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Most of the single women are that way. If they weren’t they’d be in a relationship but they so picky so they remain single. The ones who aren’t mostly got together got married and have a family now.

In my observation, women who remain single for so long are either single by choice or they're seeking for something extremely extremely rare thing in a guy, and refuse even to consider any other who doesn't have this one thing.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:48 am

hale_bopp wrote:

You should use forums and Facebook groups. People see the real you with less emphasis on photos and “hi how are you” *silence*.

Like I’ve said here, you get plenty of attention from women here. It might be for the wrong reasons at times, but it’s something. For example if there was a WP meetup I’d have a drink with you, and I’m the most annoying, hard to converse with on dating sites person of them all.

You confuse me.your mean to me then sort of nice 0.o

I’ve been told Facebook isn’t for dating, but if it was it’s similar to dating sites, it has a profile picture which is first people see. My profile is empty with some gun rights posts.
Only forums I’m on are here, Shave forum and game clans forum both which are all male.

Women give me attention here? O.o
Why would yiu have a drink with me <o.o^

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:06 am

sigh...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:25 am

Sigh....sigh indeed.