A Self-Made-Man girl discovers that life as a man is harder

Page 10 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 12:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
... Guys, why don't you just put the seat down? ...
Ladies, why don't you just look before you sit?

:roll:

No offense, but every local girl I told her about this common american spouse dispute, has laughed hysterically- ("are they blind?" was the same exact question I heard every timr) and couldn't believe that such foolishness even exists in this world.

It takes a fraction of second to notice it.

So no wonder why your divorce rate is of ....the highest in the world? The Lid thing reflects a culture that makes drama out of something so stupidly trivial.

I wonder, does the "lid crisis" happens between dads/brothers and daughters/sisters in the America? Or do the American women develop a lid-blind spot only after marriage :lol:??

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
You know that is a deal breaker that I forgot to add in my list. If I decide to date an Aspie guy, I expect him to learn all he can about NT women. I don't think that's too much to ask. Hmm.
Yet, when a man learns through direct observation in a stimulus-response context all he can about women in general - and NT women in particular - he gets told by those same women that his observations are not just invalid, but rude and insulting.

It's almost as if those women are more interested in the attention they receive from men than in letting those men learn the truth about them.

Dude, are you ever going to get away from that thread and move on? Evidently we got off on the wrong foot and it seems we must have about the same personality because neither of us is caving. We both think the other said something they shouldn't have and tbh, I'm not going to have a replay of what happened to me back on AC when I was the only one apologizing for a disagreement (like a fool) and not getting any apology back. I can't help it if you can't understand the reasons behind both parties apologizing. You can see from my other posts that if I legitimately have to apologize then I do. That's all. (And stop talking about me in that thread "Do you want to post an anonymous letter to someone at WP" or whatever it's called - just telling me to my face would probably work better.)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm

Grumpy is really grumpy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:10 pm

What thread?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:12 pm

tombo12boar wrote:
I don't think it's possible to "learn all about NT women", they're a vastly varied group ranging from shy and studious to loud, dumb and aggressive. Unless it's treating them as human beings which Aspies need to learn to do with all people.

There's a lot of things one can learn such as NT women need "small talk" which is someone listening to them in the moment (which Aspies hate small talk), someone to actually spend time with like watching a movie together and cuddling (something that a lot of Aspies don't like), talking about "feelings" which Aspies think logically, wanting certain dates on the calendar to be acknowledged (birthdays, anniversaries), little tokens of affection (not expensive either), and the dreaded "L" word said often. I read that to Aspie men some of these don't make sense, but they should just do them anyway. NT men need to learn some of these things too - just not as many.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

No offense, but every local girl I told her about this common american spouse dispute, has laughed hysterically- ("are they blind?" was the same exact question I heard every timr) and couldn't believe that such foolishness even exists in this world.

So no wonder why your divorce rate is of ....the highest in the world? The Lid thing reflects a culture that makes drama out of something so stupidly trivial.

I wonder, does the "lid crisis" happens between dads/brothers and daughters/sisters in the America? Or do the American women develop a lid-blind spot only after marriage :lol:??

I told you that my "accident" happened when I lived at home with my Pa and brother. So, NO, it's not just with marriages.

Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:23 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I told you that my "accident" happened when I lived at home with my Pa and brother. So, NO, it's not just with marriages.

Did it only happen once? or was it a common struggle to you? Have you ever fought your Pa and bro about it?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Grumpy is really grumpy.

I'm surprised you didn't say that I'm "PMSing" like most men do. I get tired when some disagreement just keeps going on and on and on even after I have tried to explain my end of things honestly and what I expect should happen. When people don't want to have an intelligent conversation about something and continue to act like a child, then I'm done. I have too many other things going on to devote my time to just one "problem".

That's another deal breaker that I need to add: someone who acts like an adult and will talk over a problem respectfully until a truce is made AND one who knows how to apologize instead of always thinking they are right (reminds me of my father).

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Did it only happen once? or was it a common struggle to you? Have you ever fought your Pa and bro about it?

It happened one time and probably because I was too tired when I woke up. It got discussed the next morning, but nothing ever changed. My parents still keep the lid up as of now and that happened about 20 yrs ago.

Darn, I flunked.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 2:21 pm

nurseangela wrote:
and the dreaded "L" word said often.

What is it? Lesbian? 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
And by the way this is a lesbian posing as a male...not a real male, or even someone who has been proven to actually pass as convincing male....just a lesbain who wanted to be an inprofessional experiment without proper mesures of the factors and causes of said event even though they said they wont consent. So not sure how this is entirely relevent to 'life of males' in the military, when its about snow and ice people aren'te even fully exposed to in any event that is show.

Why do you hate her so much? :P

What you call "This", is a woman, and her being lesbian doesn't make her any less person nor less female.

Her experiment was revolutionary, one of a kind.

She might not have brought all answers to women how life it is like to be a man, but she brought something, some insight.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 6:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
And by the way this is a lesbian posing as a male...not a real male, or even someone who has been proven to actually pass as convincing male....just a lesbain who wanted to be an inprofessional experiment without proper mesures of the factors and causes of said event even though they said they wont consent. So not sure how this is entirely relevent to 'life of males' in the military, when its about snow and ice people aren'te even fully exposed to in any event that is show.

What you call "This", is a woman, and her being lesbian doesn't make her any less person nor less female.

She might not have brought all answers to women how life it is like to be a man, but she brought something, some insight.

Not really.

Transgendered people live this "experiment" all the time.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:07 am

Peacesells wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
and the dreaded "L" word said often.

What is it? Lesbian? 8O

Love. Why would I want lesbian said several times? I'm straight. :?

Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 4:09 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Not really.

Maybe - but they didn't film the experience nor wrote a book.

but here the thing: Trans are hardly not recognizable.
When I browse dating profiles - I can tell quickly who's tran with high accurancy.

While Norah's diguise was done by pros.

Sure, some assumed she's gay, but this is a common assumption that happens all the time among people toward the not-so-manly men.
In high school, I was assumed to be gay by girls, the reason why? Turned out because I have never flirted with one.
I've overheard my friend trying to convince one (a popular girl) that I am not gay, that is when I've learned her and her friends assumed the same thing.

I think you WP girls hate her because she proves that guys have it harder - oh well... that's weird... you should be pleased you are women instead. :p

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 4:38 am

Not all women have it easy in life by any means, and it's usually because some man has power over them with little or no choice on their part.

Women have evolved to get their needs more or less satisfied and to pass on their genes despite this situation. Men have evolved to depend on their ultimately physical power. Men couldn't get selected against liking women, because it prevented them from reproducing.

Therefore, when noöne has any real power over anyone, women kick our asses fair and square.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 5:10 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Not really.

Maybe - but they didn't film the experience nor wrote a book.

but here the thing: Trans are hardly not recognizable.
When I browse dating profiles - I can tell quickly who's tran with high accurancy.

While Norah's diguise was done by pros.

Sure, some assumed she's gay, but this is a common assumption that happens all the time among people toward the not-so-manly men.
In high school, I was assumed to be gay by girls, the reason why? Turned out because I have never flirted with one.
I've overheard my friend trying to convince one (a popular girl) that I am not gay, that is when I've learned her and her friends assumed the same thing.

I think you WP girls hate her because she proves that guys have it harder - oh well... that's weird... you should be pleased you are women instead. :p

I don't hate her, and I'm not always pleased that I'm a woman. There's times when I wish the concept of gender and gender roles didn't even exist. I'm tired of having to live up to stupid standards all the time.