What do women look for in a male body?

Page 10 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:40 pm

I'm surprised to read how many women like guys who are really skinny. 8O I don't see anything wrong with it, I just didn't realize how many there were. I guess I was blinded by the normal stereotype of most women wanting "ripped" men.

Those who know, don't speak.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:53 pm

Well waddya know. Maybe there is hope for the mandrogynous.

invisiblem0nsters
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2009, 10:53 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
invisiblem0nsters wrote:
i like my guys pale and skinny
and they need to have a cute or at least decent looking face.
:)
but it's gotten to the point where i'm not too picky,
beggars can't be choosers.

You're to pwerty to be a beggar :wink:

True. :heart:
But my social ineptitude and generally awkward conduct repels most targets.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 11:15 pm

I know women have their preferences but all that matters to them is that the object of their affection exists (has a body to exist in) and acknowledges them. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 2:36 am

Ticker wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I'm almost 6', have nearly 6-pack abs, etc., and I still can't find anyone.

That's because women aren't really attracted first to looks. Its personality that matters. That's why Aspie guys have problems getting women. Its not about looks. Women are turned off by guys that are awkward, hard to talk to, don't look at them when they speak or just aren't fun to be around. You can be the sexiest man in the world and that isn't necessarily enough to keep a woman if you aren't fun and easy to talk to. Work on personality, looks don't matter much and they fade as one gets older anyways.

I can understand about the looks. A lot of what's on the magazines is airbrushed anyway.

I have been making good progress on the personality issue, and almost always make the first move now. The issue I get faced with often is the other person's unwillingness to compromise on things, many of which don't stay constant anyway.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 2:47 am

jawbrodt wrote:
I'm surprised to read how many women like guys who are really skinny. 8O I don't see anything wrong with it, I just didn't realize how many there were. I guess I was blinded by the normal stereotype of most women wanting "ripped" men.

It's because the OP said he was skinny. :lol:

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2009, 3:03 am

invisiblem0nsters wrote:

Quite true....but I have a solution...If I beg, will you choose me???? :twisted:

Just messing!!

Beggars can be choosers, you can beg for one thing, but available choice might only allow you another thing.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:05 am

invisiblem0nsters wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:
invisiblem0nsters wrote:

You're to pwerty to be a beggar :wink:

True. :heart:
But my social ineptitude and generally awkward conduct repels most targets.

:P
Ahh, well that can be worked on. :)

greenlandgem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2009, 2:07 pm

Interestingly, I have a theoretical type, and I have a serious trend in what type I actually do go for - and they aren't similar at all!

I like a guy to be the same height or taller than me (and I'm five ten), and I don't really care about muscles. I don't, however, like guys who are more than just mildly overweight - I mean, the occasional metabolic problem aside, it usually signifies an inactive lifestyle and a lack of care for their personal well-being - and it's that, rather than the actual physical appearance, that I find unattractive. I suppose I usually go for an "average", lightly-muscled build (but the muscles than one gets from having an active life rather than doing circuits at the gym). And I have to say that the topic has come up and not a single one of my female friends find the bulky muscular build attractive - in fact, we are all rather repulsed by it. Also, to the poster who said she likes broad shoulders... I gotta admit, I'm with you there.

But that being said, a man's personality really does matter to me far, far, far more than physical appearance does. I think a good rule is just to take care of yourself physically (be healthy!) and try to be true to your own personality and also to be the best (kind, fair) person you can.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:18 pm

It's amazing how girls on this board usually start describing in refined detail what physical traits in males they like and what they don't like , listing what are the big yes yes and the big no nos , and list physical conditions in order to accept the guy (ie. must not be more than mindly overweight , must be lightly-muscled build , must be same height and taller...) ....

and all of the sudden, at the end of the post they conclude with a personality cliche' statement such as "personality is far more important than all his...."

I mean, c'mon...

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:30 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
It's amazing how girls on this board usually start describing in refined detail what physical traits in males they like and what they don't like , listing what are the big yes yes and the big no nos , and list physical conditions in order to accept the guy (ie. must not be more than mindly overweight , must be lightly-muscled build , must be same height and taller...) ....

and all of the sudden, at the end of the post they conclude with a personality cliche' statement such as "personality is far more important than all his...."

I mean, c'mon...

Well I DO think that women are more interested in a man's social status and wealth than his looks. But when women say "personality" I honestly DO believe that there are certain personality traits and abilities that women are wired to find attractive-such as high social intelligence/good social skills AND artistic/musical talent. There are many ugly guys who get some pretty hawt chicks by either playing in a rock band or being the life of the party :wink:. But in the eyes of women, good looks and even big muscles cant compensate for being socially clumsy and/or awkward. The ONLY think that about a mans appearance that women consistently judge seems to be height. Most women find height attractive and obesity actively UNattractive.

Brandon_M
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2009, 4:33 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Agreed they put more emphasis on looks than they'll admit. However, you could be the most muscled down charmer in the world, but without personality you'd be f***ed. More true for males than females.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:47 pm

and that "without personality" is more broad what what you think ....

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:52 pm

Haliphron wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

I mean, c'mon...

Well I DO think that women are more interested in a man's social status and wealth than his looks. But when women say "personality" I honestly DO believe that there are certain personality traits and abilities that women are wired to find attractive-such as high social intelligence/good social skills AND artistic/musical talent. There are many ugly guys who get some pretty hawt chicks by either playing in a rock band or being the life of the party :wink:. But in the eyes of women, good looks and even big muscles cant compensate for being socially clumsy and/or awkward. The ONLY think that about a mans appearance that women consistently judge seems to be height. Most women find height attractive and obesity actively UNattractive.

Right, I don't want to be offensive here, but all of these things are either 1) primate status correlates or 2) primate mating displays. It is grotesquely simple to assume that women would go only for looks (even by my simple primate model), when genetic fitness has many more correlates in primate society, particular when it comes to males. Good example was I think in Jane Goodall's research; in ape societies higher ranking males always get the most action simply by the way they're structured; among chimps, for example, one means of establishing dominance is displays. There was a small low ranking chimp who managed to learn to use empty cans he raided from their camps in his displays, and this propelled him up the status ladder. I mean, there's a lot of nuance here that a "looks" only model simply can't capture and makes no sense when compared with our ape relatives.

I mean, the most "successful" guy I know is decidedly unimpressive in terms of body, or talents, but he *just happens* to be a social hyper-savant.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 4:59 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

I mean, c'mon...

Don't speak so much crap, I don't like what you're saying here, I don't approve of any of your posts

Oh, but you have a good personality :wink: :wink:

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 5:00 pm

Haliphron wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

I mean, c'mon...

I completely agree. Is it a cliche? I don't know...that makes it sound like a bad thing. Its about 50/50 for me - personality vs. looks.

A guy that is "pretty" is too high-maintenance for me. I like a guy with nice eyes, broad shoulders, and a GREAT sense of humor. Sometimes (as with my husband) a little baldness or a bit of a tummy - is needed - just to keep them humble and grounded.

I guess its the same with women, if they are too "perfect" they don't have to use their brains as much throughout their lives and they just become dull.