Page 18 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 5:09 pm

magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I liked light pink as a kid :(
As an adult I like cartoons including mlp as the characters are cute and the stories are sweet. People are super judge of men who like it though so I hide it and if I ever get a gf I’ll have to get ride of all my rainbowdash stuff and fox stuff :(

This is exactly in agreement with my observation: if a girl likes cars and plays a pirate, it is ok. If a boy likes Barbie, he needs to hide it.
My husband said that it is because the women have emancipated (so they can choose how much of the stereotype they personally want to fit) but the men have not.

Probably feminist worked hard to break female stereotypes but they prefer the male ones so they either enforce them or don’t try to get rid of them. It’s why feminism isn’t for equality. That’s what equalism or whatever it’s called is about. Don’t see feminism as a movement fightingnto get rid of guys paying for dates or vacations or to stop shaming none manly guys for being wimps. Most women like guys to pay it shows they valued by such men, most like men who get dirty and are strong , men who’ll fight other men over their gfs honor etc. I don’t fight I don’t like getting dirty. I’m not physically strong. I don’t like sports, wresting or street races etc. I like romantic movies and get scared of horror movies. So I guess besides being attracted to women I’m not really a man in society’s view :( besides biological.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

I think this is changing.

I work in a college library.....and I've seen many "non-macho" type men kanoodling with women.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think this is changing.

I work in a college library.....and I've seen many "non-macho" type men kanoodling with women.

In library? best work i think.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

sly279 wrote:
Probably feminist worked hard to break female stereotypes but they prefer the male ones so they either enforce them or don’t try to get rid of them.

I think feminists will try to get rid of male stereotypes when it suits them and try to keep/use male stereotypes when it suits them.

When it suits them feminists will prey on male insecurities about being a Real Man™ by saying Real Men do X™

After that they will still claim sole credit for relieving men of their macho stereotypes.

[Disclaimer] Not all feminists, just a lot of them. Unlike MRAs I realise feminists are not a sinlge homogeneous group. I think many MRAs have become just as biased and fear-mongering as the worst feminists. [/Disclaimer]