How can I tell my girlfriend she is fat?

Page 25 of 36 [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 3:58 am

sly279 wrote:
Also what your saying is they want to marry a trump like guy who’s upper middle class or rich? And be a trophy wife to a guy with multiple ex’s and kids about the same age as them? Certainly most women don’t want that? I hope anyways.

If Trump is upper middle class than what does it take to be upper class?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 4:56 am

There was a big survey here in the UK where they compared how much money was spent on Christmas presents on average for the different positions in the home. Different amounts were spent on girls and boys at different ages, that sort of thing. The surprise was that it showed that the husband/father got less than the total spent on the pets. :D

I never understood the obsession with getting jewelry until I wore a necklace to work that my sister bought me. I received more nice comments from my female work colleagues than at any other time. When women wear different jewelry other women notice and ask where from, to be able to say someone else made the effort to choose it (particularly a man) and spent the money on it increases the woman's status among other women.

Getting expensive tools so he can mend a cupboard :) that's hilarious. The men with the sophisticated tools don't have the time or the knowledge to change a light bulb, yet alone fix a cupboard. Everyone else would use a screwdriver.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:00 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Also what your saying is they want to marry a trump like guy who’s upper middle class or rich? And be a trophy wife to a guy with multiple ex’s and kids about the same age as them? Certainly most women don’t want that? I hope anyways.

class :D

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:10 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Trump is rich but he not bill gates rich.

Upper middle class people are almost rich. I guess a doctor could be upper middle class or maybe a surgeon.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Dec 2017, 5:11 am

Cat23 wrote:
Happy to be a 3rd wife if the man is interesting enough, adult children don’t bother me but men obsessed with money do. I think jewellery is such a waste... u have a lucky future gf! 5-10 gifts! Interesting other than razor and cologne commercials I can’t think of any aimed at buying men presents... but heaps for women!

I guess there are women interested in being a 3rd wives of important ones... but do not speak for all the women! I say, we are individuals, why do we speak as if we had a hive mind?
I've been always interested in nerdy engineers with little expirience with women. Didn't need to be typically handsome, some facial features counted and a certain type of mind was the most important thing. But I know I'm not all the women. There are groupies, there are angry feminists, there are warm future mommies, there are so many kinds of attitudes! The thing is to find someone compatibile.

Last Christmas I bought my husband a Lego Technics excavator :D Oh, yes, he was happy, thought certainly embarrassed :D
And I got a big, hard jigsaw puzzle :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Dec 2017, 5:12 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

class :D

^ ^ this. Upper middle is wealth, upper is upbringing (and wealth).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:17 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
There was a big survey here in the UK where they compared how much money was spent on Christmas presents on average for the different positions in the home. Different amounts were spent on girls and boys at different ages, that sort of thing. The surprise was that it showed that the husband/father got less than the total spent on the pets. :D

I never understood the obsession with getting jewelry until I wore a necklace to work that my sister bought me. I received more nice comments from my female work colleagues than at any other time. When women wear different jewelry other women notice and ask where from, to be able to say someone else made the effort to choose it (particularly a man) and spent the money on it increases the woman's status among other women.

Getting expensive tools so he can mend a cupboard :) that's hilarious. The men with the sophisticated tools don't have the time or the knowledge to change a light bulb, yet alone fix a cupboard. Everyone else would use a screwdriver.

I bought s drill and driver combo. Didn’t know what a driver was at first(totally awesom thing) makes life a whole lot easier then using a screw driver. I wouldn’t want one as a gift though. They aren’t fun things. They’re household things similar to the weed wackr and leaf blower I bought. Commercials advertise these things as good gifts for men, same with say a lawn mower. It’s be like gifting your wife/gf a mop and broom for Christmas. Blows my mind so many gf or wives actually give tools as gifts. I’d rather get video games, or silver, or shaving stuff.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:29 am

sly279 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

I bought s drill and driver combo. Didn’t know what a driver was at first(totally awesom thing) makes life a whole lot easier then using a screw driver. I wouldn’t want one as a gift though. They aren’t fun things. They’re household things similar to the weed wackr and leaf blower I bought. Commercials advertise these things as good gifts for men, same with say a lawn mower. It’s be like gifting your wife/gf a mop and broom for Christmas. Blows my mind so many gf or wives actually give tools as gifts. I’d rather get video games, or silver, or shaving stuff.

I got a Detail Sander and an axe for Christmas from my Dad last year :D I love both. I think it's a good present if it's something the person is going to like. Some men can be very difficult to buy for, though I find my Dad much easier than my Mum .

Cat23
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2017, 5:31 am

magz wrote:
Cat23 wrote:
I have an ethical delimma which I don’t know what to do maybe u can give me some straight advice I really want someone to just tell me what to do.

I have a friend she has a long term partner let’s call him a husband for simplicity they have a kid he’s just lost his job he is in and out of work like a jack in a box through no fault of his own just 3 terrible workplaces in a year (they really seemed to be).

She refuses to work as she believes her role is to look after the child the child is 4.5 years old they r in a very good area with a good school but have literally no money they will owe rent in a few days I told them to go to Centrelink and get an emergency loan and also to this other charity I know that gives emergency loans I offered to help the woman look for work but she just doesn’t see it as her role (this drives me nuts but she seems unshakable in this belief).

They r literally broke no money for toys from Santa etc etc but making no effort to get themselves out of the situation probably due to some extreme depression? Anyway I told my other friend about the situation (completely different group they never have met and probably never will) she told me they would make the criteria for housing in the inner west of Sydney (not a good area of inner west the bad high crime area). Now do I tell my friend with the problems? Knowing that once u go into housing u rarely get out... and life is pretty tough in some of the housing unit complexs in Sydney... and the schools there the teachers spend all their energy controlling the class. Or do I let it ride knowing that they actually might become homeless in 6 weeks hit rock bottom and change their attitudes towards work? And hopefully stay away from housing and potentially save themselves from watching their offspring suffer generational poverty.... argh I seriously need direct advice any help would be appreciated.

If the inner west is anything close the bad districts I know, I would do anything to avoid ending up there. I know of some places with high unemployment rate where you can be rejected at a job interview because of your adress. Also growing up with problematic kids is a nightmare, can likely cause PTSD. From my own and family expirience: no presents from Santa did not cause PTSD but criminal bullies at school did.

First of all, you have no moral reason to feel responsible for their choices. They are grownups and even if you strongly disagree with their philosophy, this is their life.
Second, I guess even if they literally lose their house, they would probably not end up right down on the street. Some help from friends and extended family to survive and then they probably would be able to apply for the inner west apartament anyway. They don't need to do it now, when they still have a chance to remain where they are.
I know people who needed to hit the rock bottom to get their lives together. Maybe they are among them. Anyway, these are their lives and they are entitled to their own mistakes and the consequences of them.

Hey thanks I wrote u a reply ages ago this morning but I just realised I can't see it... maybe I didn't submit it? Sorry. I appreciate the help. They alienate all their family have limited friends but you're right even if they became homeless they would just get emergency accomodation for a few weeks and fast tracked into housing anyway so maybe they can stay in the safe suburb.

Cat23
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2017, 5:59 am

sly279 wrote:
Cat23 wrote:

Happy to be a 3rd wife if the man is interesting enough, adult children don’t bother me but men obsessed with money do. I think jewellery is such a waste... u have a lucky future gf! 5-10 gifts! Interesting other than razor and cologne commercials I can’t think of any aimed at buying men presents... but heaps for women!

Why not a 1st wife to interesting enough man? Or just a gf to him. What’s an interesting enough man?
No but you’d bother the adult child which will create drama.

I don’t think I’ll ever have a gf. Women aren’t interested in me. I’m not a real man to them.

Tool commercials are geared towards gifts for men so they can do the projects around the house their wife wants done. So not even a real gift :roll:
Mean my uncle likes tools, he’s a contractor but I sure he rather get clothes or glass blowing stuff.(his hobby). Here’s a drill honey now you can hang those shelf’s for me l yay

It's unlikely anyone old enough wouldn't have had a few ex wives 35-55 men are too ambitious so I'd be happier with the baggage of a few ex wives and adult step children not interested in the money so the adult children can be my buddies it'd all be fine. It has to be marriage (cause I'm a romantic in my own way). To be interesting they'd have to be pretty different... near to crazy it's a rare quality to be and not one that is much sort after they would also have to be action orientated and preferably service driven asking for much??

This sounds a bit odd but what do u mean your not a real man to them? Why would u think that as opposed to being just someone they don't like? Or like like that? I've never thought men don't see me as a woman but plenty haven't liked me I'm sure.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 6:33 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Upper middle class people are almost rich. I guess a doctor could be upper middle class or maybe a surgeon.

Ok. Trump has three billion dollars. I guess the threshold between middle class and upper class is more than three billion dollars. So if you only have three billion dollars you'll only be middle class but if you have a hundred billion dollars you'll be upper class.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:10 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Ok. Trump has three billion dollars. I guess the threshold between middle class and upper class is more than three billion dollars. So if you only have three billion dollars you'll only be middle class but if you have a hundred billion dollars you'll be upper class.

Upper class-you can trace your ancestry to the Norman Conquest (1066) Low IQ and nice manners expected.

Middle class-Your parents judged you by exam results. You look down on the working classes but don't admit it. And you think the upper classes are all idiots.

Working class-Your parents judged you by how many friends you made. You don't mind the posh idiots (upper class) But you hate the middle classes and say so, LOUDLY. And you do all of the real work, which is ok because your convinced everyone not working class is useless. :D

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

sly279 wrote:
Cat23 wrote:

I somewhat agree with u in that women definitely think they want a middle class man but I tell u they don’t! It’s one of those things u have to have xyz to know u don’t want it. The realities of the middle class man is that he is most probably just an unsuccessful rich man making him angry, highly taxed and stressed with zero time. Reality is even if u take these trips with the middle class man he will be working or worrying about work or if someone is filling he’s job he’ll be worried they’ll do it better. What women want is to be the third wife of a interesting somewhat successful older man who has this competive crap out of his system but still just young enough to climb the volcano in Hawaii and make one last lovely baby but can afford a au pair from day one to carry it around and take it away when it is a screameeee. Someone who has made their mistakes already.

I think lots of women think they want jewellery and cars but personally if someone reads to me or the most romantic thing ever hang Christmas lights in a tree to surprise me (that hasn’t happened it’s a daydream) that stuff would blow my mind. Most women can buy themselves things and do!

Women want to be a 3rd wife?

3rd wife? No I definitely wouldn't want to be a 3rd wife. I'm not attracted to men twice my age (or even older). I'm not forcing myself to have sex with someone I'm not attracted to. Also, why did his previous two marriages fail? If he already had two failed marriages it's more likely the third will fail too. I'm guessing it'd fail as soon as I'd start to get wrinkles.
No thanks, I'm better off without that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 11:04 am

This discussion is nauseating.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Not to mention seriously off topic, but this forum doesn't seem to be nearly as strict about staying on topic as most where I've been so I suppose it's okay... I mean if it wasn't someone would've locked this thread, reminded people to stay on topic or deleted the off topic -messages already, right?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

Fireblossom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Not to mention seriously off topic, but this forum doesn't seem to be nearly as strict about staying on topic as most where I've been so I suppose it's okay... I mean if it wasn't someone would've locked this thread, reminded people to stay on topic or deleted the off topic -messages already, right?

I think it's okay. In real life conversations tend to not be completely static either. It might annoy some people though.