How can I tell my girlfriend she is fat?

Page 30 of 36 [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 6:40 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
magz wrote:
Contrary to the popular belief, girls do not have a hive mind.

Well that makes it a lot harder for me to tell what you girls are thinking.

Don't attempt the impossible.

Most of the time I don't even know what I'm thinking.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 6:54 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cat23 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Living where I do, I kind of get Cat23's line of thinking better than anyone else in the thread.

She didn't say a guy that earns enough money to buy a $3.5M house now. She said an older guy who owns a house that's worth $3.5M now, and that he likely bought it decades ago for $30K.

This is very common here, too. I get the whole bit about the elderly who can't even afford to pay their property taxes yet live in what is now a multimillion dollar home. Heck, I'm posting from the house in the suburbs where I rent from family. It's worth a bit more than $1M now. My father, a drywaller (regular blue collar construction worker) bought his first house about 1984 for $89K, sold it approx 10 years ago for ~$450K (to my older brother, which was a deal) and bought this one brand new for $450K (another cheap deal, it was the lowest price paid in the entire development). That's out in the somewhat undesirable suburbs. Other areas of town have appreciated far, FAR, more. It's how we have $60M mansions. Now new prices are in the stratosphere.. one new condo building coming up will average $5.5M per unit, the most expensive in the city to date at $3000/sf. But yeah, a lot of regular people who are relatively cash poor now live in houses worth more than $1M & there are many semi-retired people who's property's appreciated far more, so it's not a stretch to find some older guy with a $3.5M home if he bought into the market years ago.

Thankyou it’s sounds so crazy to me so I can understand how it appears as I am a gold digger but really want someone old so they will spend time with me sob.

Cat23, in other term, you want a Sugar Daddy and you want to be an old Man's Sugar Baby.

All men will think that of you here even if they won't say it to your face - when we talk in PMs about you, men will surely label you as a Sugar Baby.

You pass the duck test for that.

You guys PM each other? Wow, even the men here don't want me. :skull:

I never PM with anyone on Wrongplanet.

Though perhaps that has to do with the fact that I have no interest in having any online friends at all, aside from maintaining contact with real-life friends.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:00 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
magz wrote:

Well that makes it a lot harder for me to tell what you girls are thinking.

Don't attempt the impossible.

Most of the time I don't even know what I'm thinking.

:lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:03 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
will you feel like a failure if you don't end up in a 5 bed with double garage?

Yes.

I want to be middle class like my aunts and uncles and cousins. They have these things and they look down on me. I want to do it, not only to prove to them that I can be on their level, but also to prove it to myself. There have been many times when I thought it would be impossible for me to become middle class, above all, I must prove that it's possible to myself.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:14 am

magz wrote:

That's a good example of hive mind thinking. All girls say they do not have a hive mind.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:15 am

Outrider wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cat23 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Living where I do, I kind of get Cat23's line of thinking better than anyone else in the thread.

She didn't say a guy that earns enough money to buy a $3.5M house now. She said an older guy who owns a house that's worth $3.5M now, and that he likely bought it decades ago for $30K.

This is very common here, too. I get the whole bit about the elderly who can't even afford to pay their property taxes yet live in what is now a multimillion dollar home. Heck, I'm posting from the house in the suburbs where I rent from family. It's worth a bit more than $1M now. My father, a drywaller (regular blue collar construction worker) bought his first house about 1984 for $89K, sold it approx 10 years ago for ~$450K (to my older brother, which was a deal) and bought this one brand new for $450K (another cheap deal, it was the lowest price paid in the entire development). That's out in the somewhat undesirable suburbs. Other areas of town have appreciated far, FAR, more. It's how we have $60M mansions. Now new prices are in the stratosphere.. one new condo building coming up will average $5.5M per unit, the most expensive in the city to date at $3000/sf. But yeah, a lot of regular people who are relatively cash poor now live in houses worth more than $1M & there are many semi-retired people who's property's appreciated far more, so it's not a stretch to find some older guy with a $3.5M home if he bought into the market years ago.

Thankyou it’s sounds so crazy to me so I can understand how it appears as I am a gold digger but really want someone old so they will spend time with me sob.

Cat23, in other term, you want a Sugar Daddy and you want to be an old Man's Sugar Baby.

All men will think that of you here even if they won't say it to your face - when we talk in PMs about you, men will surely label you as a Sugar Baby.

You pass the duck test for that.

You guys PM each other? Wow, even the men here don't want me. :skull:

I never PM with anyone on Wrongplanet.

Though perhaps that has to do with the fact that I have no interest in having any online friends at all, aside from maintaining contact with real-life friends.

We're not online friends, just a gossip group.

We gossip about womenz.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:24 am

Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted on this thread for than a month? I don't think he's listening to us anymore.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 8:44 am

[quote="RetroGamer87"]Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted on this thread for than a month? I don't think he's listening to us anymore.[/quote

How dare he! When we've made so much effort to help him with our relevant and to the point comments.

Seriously, how is it that there's no sarcasm emoji.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 12:21 pm

The OP probably told the girl that she's fat, resulting in him being hit on the head by a rolling pin.

He might be on life support now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 12:24 pm

A moment of silence for our comrade.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:10 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted on this thread for than a month? I don't think he's listening to us anymore.

How dare he! When we've made so much effort to help him with our relevant and to the point comments.

What would a sarcasm emoji look like?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:56 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

What would a sarcasm emoji look like?

My Dad.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:10 pm

Personally thenthread title makes me mad. I’d never tell a woman she’s fat.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:19 pm

sly279 wrote:

Why does it make you mad? :? Why couldn't you tell a woman she's fat?

What if it's relevant?

1.) As this thread is about, the OP doesn't find her weight gain attractive & that's a critical part of their relationship.

2.) She might need to hear that her becoming fat is a concern for her health & well being so that she can get her body under control and not suffer from unnecessary obesity related illnesses.

Both are perfectly acceptable reasons for someone to be told they're fat, whether by a partner, parent, sibling, friend, or their doctor.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:39 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Why does it make you mad? :? Why couldn't you tell a woman she's fat?

What if it's relevant?

1.) As this thread is about, the OP doesn't find her weight gain attractive & that's a critical part of their relationship.

2.) She might need to hear that her becoming fat is a concern for her health & well being so that she can get her body under control and not suffer from unnecessary obesity related illnesses.

Both are perfectly acceptable reasons for someone to be told they're fat, whether by a partner, parent, sibling, friend, or their doctor.

I think Sly is saying he'd date a woman who's unattractive and unhealthy due to obesity. The problem is that girls find desperate guys to be unattractive, unmanly and a little scary - e.g. "If this guy's very happiness is entirely dependant on my relationship with him, what extremes will he go to I leave him?"

Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 13 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:41 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I think Sly is saying he'd date a woman who's unattractive and unhealthy due to obesity. The problem is that girls find desperate guys to be unattractive, unmanly and a little scary - e.g. "If this guy's very happiness is entirely dependant on my relationship with him, what extremes will he go to I leave him?"

Attraction is personal. Sly might find overweight girls to be more attractive than thin or healthy weight range girls.

But your point about codependence on a partner for happiness is a good one.