90% of Aspies can't get a date?

Page 4 of 26 [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 3:20 pm

I hate my life so much...

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 7:57 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
source for this stat??

My question is still unanswered....

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 3:52 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
For example, I live in Texas, a largely conservative state. Politically, I would be considered "center-right", with some libertarian leanings as well. In other words, I am moderate, but lean slightly toward the Republican Party. That would have me labeled a "hippie" in conservative parts of the U.S., but labeled a "fascist" in liberal parts.

Being a Lutheran in a state that's half-Baptist, half-Catholic doesn't help much, either.

I understand your sentiment. And believe me : it could be worse..... I tend to be ultra-conservative on geopolitical issues, mildly conservative to ultra-liberal on moral issues and semi-collectivist on economic issues. My spiritual views are a mixture of traditional Eastern philosophy (mostly Vedanta Hinduism), traditional Western philosophy (mostly German 19th century and early 20th century philosophers) and pantheist shamanism. I stronlgy object to movements like multiculturalism and feminism but I strongly support the legalisation of both soft drugs like marihuana and hard drugs like LSD, DMT or XTC for therapeutic and/or shamanic purposes.

This makes me and my views highly controversial almost everywhere I go and I've been called anything from Nazi or racist to Communist or hippie.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 9:24 am

Lonermutant wrote:

For some reason, I love mine.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:18 am

Lonermutant wrote:
"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts"
-Marcus Aurelius

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 12:07 am

I disagree, although a high number may not be able to get a date I highly doubt it's 90%. Quite a few Aspies would be able to get a date. So far I haven't succeeded but I don't mind. I'm 14. I know this kind of stuff always comes around. I'm just patient. Anyway the people my age are too immature for a long term relationship. You just have to go out there, look. Where exactly to look for a good girl i can't tell you. The place would depend on the individgual. Some would be happy to find a girl at church, some at the library, some at a bar and a few Aspies would at a party (yes some Aspies do enjoy parties). Maybe even the internet. Quite funny at school I can tell all my friends how their relationship is going, what to do yet i have never dated myself. This shows I am capable of dating in the future and am just currently uninterested

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:01 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Sigh... this is stupid.

First of all, I've had girlfriends before. None of them worked out long term, but I've had enjoyable experiences in the field of romance despite being diagnosed with AS at age five. That probably makes me part of that 10%, but I seriously doubt that's a valid statistic anyway.

Secondly, to the baka that says that God created Aspies just for entertainment, speak for yourself. I am perfectly fine with being an aspie, it's really not a problem for me anymore. If you have yet to accept your lot in life and move on, then that's your deal. So enough with the blasphemy already.

Finally, if this is gonna be another thread on why Aspies shouldn't procreate, then count me out. That's one step away from eugenics, and that is wrong no matter what.

having AS sucks
I am positive my head is gonna explode one day
hopefully on the bus to freak people out lol

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 4:18 am

Kilroy wrote:
having AS sucks
I am positive my head is gonna explode one day

I know how you feel. The older you get the easier it becomes to deal with your limitations, but the number of responsibilities you run into often seem to grow much faster.... I've never been able to cope with my symptoms as much as I am today, yet I still feel I haven't really achieved anything yet and my life is moving backwards.....

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

are you nuts
the older you get the harder it is!
not only do you get to deal with this social crap and being alone
you have to go out there and make a living
now I refuse government help of any kind, so I do everything on my own
I don't like dating sites and I usually refuse to date anyone with AS (like I could find a girl with it here...thats pretty :lol:)
a good item for a scavenger hunt methinks
so its a tad tricky

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:34 am

Kilroy wrote:
are you nuts
the older you get the harder it is!
not only do you get to deal with this social crap and being alone
you have to go out there and make a living

Maybe you should reread what I said. The older you get the easier it becomes to deal with your limitations, but the number of responsibilities you run into often seem to grow much faster.... I've never been able to cope with my symptoms as much as I am today, yet I still feel I haven't really achieved anything yet and my life is moving backwards.....

Kilroy wrote:
now I refuse government help of any kind, so I do everything on my own

I'm not even eligable for governmeny support.

Kilroy wrote:
I don't like dating sites and I usually refuse to date anyone with AS (like I could find a girl with it here...thats pretty :lol:)

Try girls with ADHD :wink:

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:38 am

like they're easy to find lol

ironically its never my quirks that break it up or whatever
its always her and something eating her up
not that I ever made a move or anything in the past-I regret this
but she wasn't very pretty, so no big loss :lol:

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 12:22 pm

Kilroy wrote:
like they're easy to find lol

Try online social networks (like Facebook) or instant messaging programs (like Yahoo or Live messenger). I found all of my 5 exes directly or indirectly through this method.

Kilroy wrote:
ironically its never my quirks that break it up or whatever
its always her and something eating her up
not that I ever made a move or anything in the past-I regret this
but she wasn't very pretty, so no big loss :lol:

So basically, you're just speculating...

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 12:41 pm

no I found out
trust me I wanted to know

yeah but you gotta meet people first before adding them to MSN lol
i mean thats just like trying dating sites but more work on my part
not worth it-i'd just stick with the dating sites

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:00 pm

Kilroy wrote:
yeah but you gotta meet people first before adding them to MSN lol

No you don't.

I have to admit it was easier back in the days of ICQ. There, you could search for people based on their location, their gender, their taste in music and several other characteristics, you could talk to them without adding them and people weren't nearly as paranoid as they are today when it involved talking with strangers on the net.

I tried the same technique half a year ago when my 4th ex broke up with me after no less than 6 years and I did notice it's become more difficult to meet people that way but it's definitely not impossible. In fact, I met my last girlfriend on a Dutch-Belgian equivalent of Facebook that also allows search based on the criteria mentioned hereabove :wink:

Kilroy wrote:
i mean thats just like trying dating sites but more work on my part
not worth it-i'd just stick with the dating sites

I never had any luck with dating sites at all, while I found the technique I mentioned fairly easy to meet a girl in a matter of months.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:05 pm

I never had any luck either
point is RL is much more, well real to me
online never goes anywhere
and your taking a chance on what she looks like, her age or gender lol

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:21 pm

Kilroy wrote:
I never had any luck either
point is RL is much more, well real to me
online never goes anywhere

Several times I ended up talking daily for a week up to a month talking to a total stranger about random stuff. When I felt we were getting close, I arranged a date with her and because we had already started to fall in love with our virtual others this date usually led to a real life relationship either the same weekend or the week after.

Kilroy wrote:
your taking a chance on what she looks like, her age or gender lol

Of course you can never be sure the other person isn't pulling your leg, but if the person on the other side isn't pulling your leg and you exchange photographs besides information about your life and your interests, you have a pretty good idea about those things.