What type of people you attract/ What you don't attract.

Page 4 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2012, 6:17 am

I seem to attract people im not interested in.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

I have attracted in the past:

- women I were not attracted to;
- homosexual/bisexual men;
- at least two women I would be willing to talk to if I did not accidentally do something (or specifically, did not do; I am just too clueless) to repel them. Although it would probably end with one of us (or both) repelling the other after a few dates.

The people I repel:

- the one woman I was actually attracted to for a few months (although I eventually lost my interest and I am now wondering why exactly I was so interested in her);
- everybody else.

It is worth mentioning that, except for the girl I was attracted to, I do not know anything at all about those people I mentioned; my attraction (or, in most cases, lack of attraction) was based on their appearance and nothing else. Also, I tend to get tired of people after some time, just like I do with everything else.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

If I attract a person I am attracted to they will invariably have a major character flaw that means it is not possible to have an ongoing relationship with them. In other words they will be childish, arrogant, selfish and cruel usually.

Nice people I invariably don't fancy as much though :(

I've yet to work out why the nastier types are more attractive to me :roll:

Perhaps it's that people who are more attractive can afford to be nastier whereas the less attractive have less opportunities hence need to be nicer?

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

Until recently I couldn't have put much under types I do attract. Also, as for the types I don't attract, it's possible I just haven't met enough of them. Anyway...

It seems I attract:
-Girls who had difficult childhoods
-"Ugly ducklings"
-Those who are perpetually bored and/or have a very "sober" perspective on life
-Maternal types, though unfortunately less than when I was younger, since I actually like them

I don't attract, but WANT to attract:
-Quirky, childlike inexperienced girls
-Art, music, or comic-book nerds
-"Manic pixie dream girls"
-Hippie types
-Free-spirited country girls

I don't attract, and don't really care:
-"Worldly travel types" as someone else put it
-Classy "lady" types
-City girls

Last edited by biostructure on 24 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

nessa238 wrote:

Probably BECAUSE you don't like the nice types.

I mean, they're not stupid. Just like anybody else they can sense you're not interested in them-- thus the nasty types get attracted to you.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

What I seem to repel:

-Girls who are not flat chested (for the most part)
-Girls who are hipsters (I'm SOL in this department, especially with my taste in music)
-Girls who have very uptight parents
-Cheerleaders. One day I want to meet an autistic cheerleader, heck, if I have a daughter who is extremely high functioning, and had interest, I'd tell her to give it a shot. Same thing with feminine activities that the less socially attractive have issues with. There's a girl I went to college with who oddly enough
-Girls who are music majors (this one is freaking frustrating as I went to a college with just as many gay guys as straight guys, a music school no less. To add insult to injury, my mother studied music in college, and has done nothing with her degree in the field. Guess where I went (including the name of the music school on the campus that I did not attend and I will find some way to award you, even if it is in brownie points).
-Other Russian-American girls.
-Blondes.
-Girls with no sexual experience
-Girls with beautiful curves (yes, there ARE girls who are somewhat/a little overweight who are extremely attractive).
-Girls with over 1500 Facebook 'friends'
-Binge drinkers. Even then, they still only see me as a friend.
-Girls who are sports/athletic savy
-Girls with beautiful eyes. It's the eyes that win me over.

What I seem to attract
-Girls with unattractive curves (there are attractive curves in my book)
-Girls who have screwed up teeth
-Redheads. And then they tell me to get lost.
-Girls that I am unattracted to.
-Girls who have tan skin. A little lighter than Italian, but darker than my Russian-English skin pigment. (I hope that wasn't racist)
-Girls with acne. Can't answer this one.
-Girls with prior sexual partners.
-Gay guys. To the point where it's getting really creepy. I've had gay guys hit on me in the last 12 months. Am I unaware of my sexuality? Last I checked, a girl's you-know-what is not repelling to me. Okay, maybe the ones loaded with STDs.
-Girls having bad days. My most recent relationship was a result of that. A nice chat on Skype, turned into me nearly having sex with this girl nearly a month later.
-Girls who are siblings of friends (this one is a true story folks)
-Girls who chat with me quite a bit but have their sights on another guy.
-Girls who have boyfriends
-Girls over three years younger than me (sorry folks, I follow the half-your-age plus seven rule)
-Girls who are religious. This I don't have a problem with.
-Girls who had difficult childhoods (taken from biostructure, but also applies to me)
-Binge drinkers

Lately though, I'm starting to wonder if any of my friends give a hoot about me. Another problem? I'm scared to even send someone a Facebook message say they block me.

Last edited by Northeastern292 on 24 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 6:59 pm

Vintagegirl wrote:
I seem to attract people im not interested in.

You hit the nail on my head. I'm in the same boat: girls who I'm attracted to find me repulsive, but it's vice versa.

Kjas wrote:
ShamelessGit wrote:
"If that's the case then I'm surprised you're still single."
That's very flattering Embarassed

I'm not really that surprised that I'm single at the moment. I had really poor social skills when I was younger, and didn't really get the social skills necessary to function in a relationship until I was about 18. I got my first girlfriend shortly after starting college, who dumped me shortly thereafter, so I was depressed for nearly a whole year and did not approach girls. I got a German girlfriend at the start of the next year while I was on an exchange, to whom I still feel attached, so I haven't approached any girls this semester yet (because it felt wrong). But I've been chatting with several girls this semester and trying to figure out which one I wanted to date the most. I was going to ask a girl if she wanted to do something with me during thanksgiving break, but she was not in her usual location when I meant to ask her, so I just have to wait until I get back.

And yes, I am mostly interested in people in my own subject. I basically have a small crush on ever girl in the engineering departments. The girl I wanted to ask out has my own major. I've noticed, however, that it seems like half the girls in my political science class have a crush on me, which seems a little weird to me. I still think of myself as I did when I was 15 and couldn't get any girl to talk to me, so it seems like a miracle every time it happens. I don't have anything against dating them if they are nice and make things easy on me.

Also I think it might be easier to get girls if I had an income. I'm still dependent on my parents.

Interesting, no? You're in science, I post what I attract, you mention you fit most of the list and are somewhat attracted, I ask if you're approaching girls in the sciences, you say you are, but that half the political science class has a crush on you, I major in political science yet you're somewhat attracted to me dispite I'm not in the science programs?

If I were you I would be considering the girls who study political science, international relations, development studies, history and maybe philosophy - any of those majors. If you notice women there are more attracted to you then there is a reason for that. You might *want* (preference for similarity) a girl who is in science, but it might not be what you *need* (complementry is needed) - often that is a tricky concept to get out heads around at first and many resist it, but it's true.

Not in my boat. All the history majors either weren't attracted to me or were taken.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 6:17 am

DialAForAwesome wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

I mean, they're not stupid. Just like anybody else they can sense you're not interested in them-- thus the nasty types get attracted to you.

I'm not a person who is spoilt for choice though and generally I don't communicate with many people at all.

There's something about a totally nice person that turns me off though and I feel it means there's something fundamentally wrong in my head. Not that I like being treated badly - that upsets me a lot. It does seem as if the more challenging the person, the more worth the chase they must be though.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 7:28 am

Northeastern292 wrote:
What I seem to attract
-Girls over three years younger than me (sorry folks, I follow the half-your-age plus seven rule)

Eh? So how does that exactly work?
(22/2)+7=18, seems you need to up it to over to 4 years.Next year it will be 4.5 :P

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 8:53 am

nessa238 wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

I'm not a person who is spoilt for choice though and generally I don't communicate with many people at all.

There's something about a totally nice person that turns me off though and I feel it means there's something fundamentally wrong in my head. Not that I like being treated badly - that upsets me a lot. It does seem as if the more challenging the person, the more worth the chase they must be though.

Not sure about you, but I know that for me, the overly nice people I've met tend to give all sorts of white lies just to avoid hurting others' feelings. I really can not stand that and would rather have the truth. I'm not going to look for someone who's outright mean or shallow or anything, but I value honesty over how nice someone is.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 5:27 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Not sure about you, but I know that for me, the overly nice people I've met tend to give all sorts of white lies just to avoid hurting others' feelings. I really can not stand that and would rather have the truth. I'm not going to look for someone who's outright mean or shallow or anything, but I value honesty over how nice someone is.

Yes I prefer honesty too. I like down to earth people who don't talk all hearts and flowers as it seems very fake to me.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2012, 5:38 am

I attract:

I repel: Everything and everyone. :lol:

AQ Test 43/50

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 7:09 am

JRR wrote:
Oh, it's quite simple for me.

I attract:

1. Women I'm not interested in /attracted to

I do not attract:

1. Women I'm interested in / attracted to.

This! :D

Oh wait.... :(

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 7:12 am

nessa238 wrote:

I've yet to work out why the nastier types are more attractive to me

You and most other women.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 10:22 am

Adam82 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

I've yet to work out why the nastier types are more attractive to me

You and most other women.

A certain amount of unpleasantness must be genetically expedient as it can indicate a
person is able to take care of themself and those allied to them in the cut and thrust of life,
life and people being generally pretty horrible and all that! lol

Hence it makes more sense to ally yourself with a person who can meet trouble head on than a totally nice, passive person

So from a survivalist viewpoint I'll take a bit of nastiness over total niceness. Only a bit though and no physical violence at all.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

We really do live in a Darwinian survival of the fittest society. When women actually admit they want a 'nasty' man. It's confirmed: bad boys are attractive.

Guess it's nothing I didn't already know.