Do attractive people depress you?

Page 6 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2018, 7:51 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
And those figure skaters in Pyeongchang are not just talented, they're all stunningly beautiful!

I want to date a figure skater now Image

I'm attracted to them and college gymnasts. Trust me, they're WAY out of our league! Save yourself the heartbreak and go for the kinds of women on Jerry Springer/Maury, Teen Mom, or My 600-lb Life! :P :/

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

Trueno wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Having money increases your attractiveness...

That would explain why I got more dates after I got a higher paying job.

... or maybe, better job, happier you, more self-esteem, more date-able guy.

Yes, up to a point. Although I still have days when I'm not feeling happy or confident. Doing badly at work is nearly as depressing as being unemployed. Of course on those days girlfriend wasn't very impressed by my negative attitude.

I don't know what to think of that. On the one hand, if I couldn't express sadness or negativity then I feel like I couldn't get emotional support from her. As though I had to pretend to be happy like some deceitful pollyanna. On the other hand, I realise that I'm really not fun to be around when I'm depressed.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
And those figure skaters in Pyeongchang are not just talented, they're all stunningly beautiful!

I'm attracted to them and college gymnasts. Trust me, they're WAY out of our league! Save yourself the heartbreak and go for the kinds of women on Jerry Springer/Maury, Teen Mom, or My 600-lb Life! :P :/

No, those girls aren't aren't in my league either. Yesterday I got dumped for not being rich enough. My salary is is $55,000 per year (plus I get a few hundred dollars per week from other sources) yet she dumped me for not being as rich as her friends boyfriends.

Bear in mind I wasn't dumped by a supermodel or an Olympic athlete, I was dumped by an unemployed obese girl with a plain looking face. Even she's out of my league.

She wanted me to buy her very expensive gifts like her friends receive from her boyfriends back in China. Why is it a one way street? When could I expect to receive expensive gifts from her?

She said her father will only let me stay with her if I own property. I decided that if I live very frugally, I can buy property in after saving for 3 or 4 years. But then she wanted me to buy her elaborate gifts and go on international vacations with her?

She's never handled her own money before, her father does it for her so she really doesn't understand why someone who's saving to buy a house, can't spend hundreds of dollars per month on frivolous things. She really doesn't understand that saving money means not spending a lot of money on other crap.

I don't mind being single. I don't mind being dumped. But I mind being dumped for such shallow reasons. I have a hundred flaws and she picks a reason that's not even a flaw. I can't stand getting bad financial advice from someone who's never been financially independent before. The closest she's had to independance is going away from home to attend university while her father pays for everything, including her tuition, her food and the rent on her apartment.

I find it ironic that someone who's nearly completed a master's degree in finance has little understanding of money. It seems like her education has only made her an expert in passing exams. She can't apply her knowledge.

Chinese people were famous for their frugality and their wise financial planning. That describes the older generation in China. The younger generation are the opposite. They do things like buy their girlfriend 99 iPhones on Valentine's Day.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm

And I'm still getting depressed by attractive people. I'm standing on the train to work and standing behind me is this perfect supermodel looking woman. She's tall, thin and young. She has a perfect face and a waist that could fit inside of a tennis racket with room to spare.

Just looking at her gives me a sickening feeling of hopelessness. I know that I'll never, ever be able to date a girl like her. If Ting Li the short obese woman thinks she's out of her league, then what feats would I have to perform to be the supermodel looking woman's league?

Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 15 Feb 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:39 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No, those girls aren't aren't in my league either. Yesterday I got dumped for not being rich enough. My salary is is $55,000 per year (plus I get a few hundred dollars per week from other sources) yet she dumped me for not being as rich as her friends boyfriends.

Bear in mind I wasn't dumped by a supermodel or an Olympic athlete, I was dumped by an unemployed obese girl with a plain looking face. Even she's out of my league.

She wanted me to buy her very expensive gifts like her friends receive from her boyfriends back in China. Why is it a one way street? When could I expect to receive expensive gifts from her?

She said her father will only let me stay with her if I own property. I decided that if I live very frugally, I can buy property in after saving for 3 or 4 years. But then she wanted me to buy her elaborate gifts and go on international vacations with her?

Sorry you got dumped Retro, but it doesn't sound like you guys had that much in common.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

^^ Sorry?? Sorry for what? We should tell him congratulation!

For dodging a bullet at the arse.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Sorry you got dumped Retro, but it doesn't sound like you guys had that much in common.

Yeah but I got dumped for the wrong reasons. I'd rather be dumped for my merits (or lack of merit) than for reasons pertaining to money.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:47 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yeah but I got dumped for the wrong reasons. I'd rather be dumped for my merits (or lack of merit) than for reasons pertaining to money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakILPdtaIY

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Please tell me not all Chinese women are gold diggers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Please tell me not all Chinese women are gold diggers.

Not all.

But from what I read, it seem gold digging attitude is pretty much normalized there.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

Doesn't the money thing make you feel a bit better that you did break up though. I mean, it is a stupid reason.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Tough luck man. But I hope you realize by now you're nothing but a cashier to the ladies out there and they will only respect and screw the Chads/Brad Pitts. The only way you can encounter girls who really like you is to be honest from the start that you can only support yourself and not two persons. It will probably be a wild-goose chase though and you'll realize women these days are nothing but trouble and you should just focus on yourself.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:34 pm

I was honest with her. Right from the start.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

Doesn't the money thing make you feel a bit better that you did break up though. I mean, it is a stupid reason.

I know. As Boo said, I "dodged a bullet". That was what people said the previous time I got dumped and the time before that and the time before that.

My after my next girlfriend dumps me people will say I dodged a bullet. Maybe people will say that for the next one and the next one and the next one.

I feel like I've dodged more bullets than Neo from the Matrix. While other people get to have stable, loving relationships, all I get is to be shot at with a rain of bullets :|

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

Well Retro, perhaps she was a bit too materialistic. Personally, I find materialistic people to be unattractive, I couldn't care less what they look like if they demonstrate they care more about material objects than living organisms. Maybe you are better off finding someone that will be far more compatible with you, and in fact, she did you a favor so you can now find the right person. Best of luck Retro!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

Perhaps when the next person leaves, she will be doing me a favour as well. And the one after that and the one after that, etc.