Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2009, 10:55 pm

Everytime I talk to a girl I might be interested in, I get super nervous and don't think clearly. I end up talking on and one. Tonight I forgot to ask a girl out because I wasn't thinking clearly. I probably end up coming off as awkward. What should I do?

Winternight
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 12:06 am

tell her that you can only talk to her for a minute (false time constraint)
tell her that she is incredibly gorgeous, if she really is (disarms b***h shields)
ask her opinion about something (thought provoking, stimulating)

when it comes time to leave, ask her if she likes to text on her cell, or if she has an email address. if yes, have her write it on your arm with a pen or marker. that way she is touching you. :) touch creates comfort.

also, when you are about to leave, take her hand, look her in the eyes, and kiss her hand. another socially acceptable way of touching a new acquaintance. then leave.

( Ha! and they tell us Aspies we have no social skills. :roll: yaright )

be bold, man. you want to f**k a beautiful girl. that will never happen if you don't go up and talk to her. swallow your anxiety, and go for it. it's like jumping off a high dive in a pool. you have to suck it in and be ballsy. and if you're rejected, that's fine. go to another beautiful woman.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2009, 12:09 am

Try to find out why you're nervous.

Lack of experience? Try to talk to a lot of people (e.g. public speaking) so that it's no longer troubling.
Self confidence? Do something and become good at it. Then talk about it.
Physical attribute? Address it (e.g. fat, lose weight) or mask it (e.g. thinning hair, shave it)

Most of the time, I see guys who cannot talk to girls because they're simply not used to approaching women. The more they think about it but not doing anything about it (e.g. reading books and doing research as to what women like) the more nervous they get.

The guys who are comfortable with talking with women are generally comfortable talking with anyone. How did they get this way? They talk to everyone. Then when it comes time to talk to a "woman", it's just another person.