Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Winternight
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm

Theory of mind? No. This is a "theory of mine." :roll: :P

the pua Gunwitch believes that the contributers to attraction fall under these categories: TALENT, SOPHISTICATION, CHARM, CONFIDENCE. he says that you have the edge over other men in at least one of these.

That sounds logical. every piece of evidence points to this being fact. when a woman hooks up with a certain man over others in a group, it's because he displayed something that was either notably talented, sophisticated, charming, or confident. so let's for the sake of discussion say it's true.

maybe the ideal method is finding which category you excell at, nurturing it for a little while, and then flaunting it in front of the female you are talking to without looking like you are deliberately flaunting (because that could be seen as being a tryhard).

say you're talented when it comes to drawing. talk to a girl with your sketchbook in hand, and start casually flipping through it so the drawings are in plain view of her. in other words, impress her with your drawings without making it look like you are.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 6:31 am

I agree (and you didn't think that was possible, did you?) Since Aspie men are more likely to excel in the talent area than the confidence or sophistication area, that seems to be the one to go with. Countless men have learned to play instruments in large part because of this. I believe the entire musical genere of "emo" is made up of men who otherwise would be too shy and awkward to attract female attention. It's subcategory "shoegazer music" pretty much squares that. And it needn't be music. It can be other talents- drawing, like you said, or an ability to fix machines, or the ability to make something amazing in woodshop (for those in highschool). The list is endless.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 9:12 am

Winternight wrote:
Theory of mind? No. This is a "theory of mine." :roll: :P

the pua Gunwitch believes that the contributers to attraction fall under these categories: TALENT, SOPHISTICATION, CHARM, CONFIDENCE. he says that you have the edge over other men in at least one of these.

That sounds logical. every piece of evidence points to this being fact. when a woman hooks up with a certain man over others in a group, it's because he displayed something that was either notably talented, sophisticated, charming, or confident. so let's for the sake of discussion say it's true.

maybe the ideal method is finding which category you excell at, nurturing it for a little while, and then flaunting it in front of the female you are talking to without looking like you are deliberately flaunting (because that could be seen as being a tryhard).

say you're talented when it comes to drawing. talk to a girl with your sketchbook in hand, and start casually flipping through it so the drawings are in plain view of her. in other words, impress her with your drawings without making it look like you are.

I like it. I think trying to be subtle with a girl like that and doing little things like that do impress a girl.

Winternight

02 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

thanks for the input guys, I'm glad you dig this.