Non-singles: Quit your whining and live life.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Have you suffered from stupid generic relationship advice from wikipedia psychiatrists?
Yes, ignorant people use "one size fit all" amateur psychology. 55%  55%  [ 17 ]
No, because i am in the 5% that it actually matches. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like polls or pie / Just show me the results. 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 31

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 4:59 pm

Since ONLY single people can have bad self esteem and are "required" to have stupid hobbies to "fulfill their lives", it is impossible for you to have a bad life since you have someone. So, given the "facts" by an Alphaville song, I suggest you stop your whining immediately and just live since having a partner guarantees that you do not need to focus your life than something else than your relationship, which is perfect by the way since i said so.

I have actually no scientific backing for saying this, but hey, i don't need amy since this is a public internet forum and i can be as deluded as i want to when it comes to relationship advice. Hell, i can even make stuff up about relationships and post about it.

Isn't it great to be able to assume that everyone is the same by stating stupid generic advice that is only valid for some people? I think so, and so do "others" too, and once someone criticise us for posting the stupid generic advice, we can just attack the posters and ignore reality - that everyone has different reasons as to why their lives are the way they are, because our advice that most likely were dreamt up from a psychotic reaction to narcotics just have to be true, because we cannot really think that we are WRONG - no way, we cannot live with the fact that our generic crap advice is a load of horse bullocks.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:04 pm

I did not understand any of that, sorry 8O Or maybe I didn't see the "bottom line" of what you are trying to say.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:14 pm

If you're going to stereotype all of the non-singles on this board as being whiny about their relationship status, then with all due respect you can board the next shinkansen to hell. I happen to be in a relationship now with someone on this very board, and so far we've done a very good job of maintaining a mutual bond despite problems on both sides. While I do agree that those of us in a relationship should be happy that they have someone to care for and that cares about them, I seriously think that your griping may be referring to about 5% of the non-singles here, so don't drag the rest of us into it.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:16 pm

I'd rather be single than be in a reships fighting
and beanhatching and having a really horrid time.

If I was in a dum old poopy reships then I'd
have no time to do my video editing or play
with my legos or hotwheels or colour on the
pavement with my crayola chalk.

Thats just ow it is with me tho,
if other peple are happy in a reships
then hey, it isn't against the law,
I am just not part of it.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:38 pm

I think the bottom line was that people in relationships shouldn't give advice to people not in relationships because the advice won't be relevant to 100% of the people reading it / asking for advice on relationships.

Conversely, I think people not in relationships shouldn't offer advice to those of us in relationships (especially on the topic of what advice we give out) because it won't be relevant to 100% of the people reading it / asking for advice on what advice we give about relationships.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 6:21 pm

LOL. Ichinin your sarcasm is strong.

Most people are trying to help. Most of the advice is given as a banquet of of options for people to choose from to fit their own circumstances. You are correct that we need know a person as an individual to help them the way they need it personally.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

25 Jul 2010, 7:06 pm

t0 wrote:
I think the bottom line was that people in relationships shouldn't give advice to people not in relationships because the advice won't be relevant to 100% of the people reading it / asking for advice on relationships.

Conversely, I think people not in relationships shouldn't offer advice to those of us in relationships (especially on the topic of what advice we give out) because it won't be relevant to 100% of the people reading it / asking for advice on what advice we give about relationships.

But you guys don't know how to give advice. All the advice I've seen is utterly vague. No specifics at all. You are doing something that allows you to get an SO, but you obviously aren't aware as to what it is.
Perhaps lack of self-awareness lends people SOs. It sure seems like that.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:12 pm

t0 wrote:

I think people should give advice regardless. Different opinions are good. Besides, a single person might have very good advice for a couple.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:16 pm

t0 wrote:

What about people who've been in lots of relationships, but aren't in one at the present moment? Are they allowed to have opinions or experiences to relate, or are their thoughts automatically invalid as well?

Never mind...I really don't care... :roll:

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2010, 7:22 pm

For those who are unaware, Ichinin is making fun of foreveryoung's advice topics that he posts on a regular basis. He is possibly making fun of other advice topics as well, but definitely foreveryoung's at least.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:31 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Since ONLY single people can have bad self esteem and are "required" to have stupid hobbies to "fulfill their lives", it is impossible for you to have a bad life since you have someone. So, given the "facts" by an Alphaville song, I suggest you stop your whining immediately and just live since having a partner guarantees that you do not need to focus your life than something else than your relationship, which is perfect by the way since i said so.

I have actually no scientific backing for saying this, but hey, i don't need amy since this is a public internet forum and i can be as deluded as i want to when it comes to relationship advice. Hell, i can even make stuff up about relationships and post about it.

Isn't it great to be able to assume that everyone is the same by stating stupid generic advice that is only valid for some people? I think so, and so do "others" too, and once someone criticise us for posting the stupid generic advice, we can just attack the posters and ignore reality - that everyone has different reasons as to why their lives are the way they are, because our advice that most likely were dreamt up from a psychotic reaction to narcotics just have to be true, because we cannot really think that we are WRONG - no way, we cannot live with the fact that our generic crap advice is a load of horse bullocks.

I don't think he was implying that people in relationships don't have a hard time. He's targeting people who whine about being single.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:44 pm

Yet people can be miserable even if they have a partner.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2010, 7:47 pm

The whole idea is that you should be happy with or without a woman, because if you're not happy and you're whining without one, you wouldn't be any better with one.

The commonality with everyone on this board who whines about not having a girlfriend is that they're their own worse enemy. To be even more specific, it's their attitude that's turning off women. Women want a guy who has a life with or without them and could survive with or without them. And you need to become that guy who CAN live without a woman, so with or without a woman, you're happy.

I see a lot of anger, bitterness, resentment, and scary thoughts coming out of many of the single men whiners on this forum. Not going to help you be happy.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:18 pm

It's hard for me to tell if the original post is sarcastic or not.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 11:29 am

Variant wrote:
For those who are unaware, Ichinin is making fun of foreveryoung's advice topics that he posts on a regular basis. He is possibly making fun of other advice topics as well, but definitely foreveryoung's at least.

You got it.

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't think he was implying that people in relationships don't have a hard time. He's targeting people who whine about being single.

No, i am targeting people who thinks that single people are always suffering from self esteem and needs to "focus their life" in order to be happy, when in fact we have done that for several f*****g years and we're not getting more happy by being alone.

So: Single does not equal bad self esteem.

Hector wrote:
It's hard for me to tell if the original post is sarcastic or not.

Actually i am. But there is a point to the thread. Its an inverse of the other thread which assumes that all single people have bad self esteem which is a big stupid assumption made by foreveryoung.

If we use his/her logic, everyone who is not single is happy and does not need to "focus their lives". That too is a load of horses**t.

To sum up; you cannot spell assumption without resorting to use "ass".

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2010, 1:41 pm

OP, whatever your problem is, your bitterness is evident in your posts, and that doesn't turn on women. Women don't like angry guys.

And please don't say "I wouldn't be angry if I had a girlfriend." You'd take it out on her the first time you had the chance. How do I know? Because you're a whiner, and that doesn't go away.