attracting abused and neglected people

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm

Does anybody else seem to have this? I'm not saying it's a problem, but my ex was molested at age 8 and psychologically abused all throughout her teen years (she's 17 now). My current gf was raped at age 12 and had a child she had to give up for adoption. There's this new girl that likes me that was raped from age 9 to age 16.

Is it because I'm too nice or something? Or are all Aspies similar in their nice-ness?

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2010, 1:51 pm

Hey look at it this way, better off with you than some jerk who will just abuse then and use them for sex. It's not your attracting them it's just the world is a sick place and this stuff is more common than you might think i know a freind who has been molested and it's not good to hear what it does to them :( Your doing the right thing by goin out with them at least your there for them and love them for who they are and not just to abuse them worse right?

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

Well yes, I'm not saying it's a bad thing...just something I noticed recently...

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 2:11 pm

I seem to have that problem, where I'm either attracted to dysfunctional gals or they are attracted to me. Either they have mental issues, eating disorders, unhappy relationships, been abused/raped.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

oh yes, my ex also has a lot of mental issues. Most likely BPD, but it hasn't been confirmed yet so can't say it is.

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2010, 2:22 pm

It's a shame that it happens but ya just got to be there for them. Well it's your choice if you want to :)

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 2:25 pm

Mouldy wrote:
It's a shame that it happens but ya just got to be there for them. Well it's your choice if you want to :)

Yea, I don't want to just shrug it off because if they do something dramatic i'll feel kinda responsible (at least in the case of my ex, since I really care about her)

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2010, 2:27 pm

I take it your ex was a bit crazy :P My GF is crazy but in the good way :wink:

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 2:38 pm

Mouldy wrote:
I take it your ex was a bit crazy :P My GF is crazy but in the good way :wink:

Well, she does have really bad mood swings, quite stubborn, has that "black and white thinking" and she always follows other people. Like when we dated, she never smoked cigarettes, rarely smoked weed (I would have done it with her tho). But now with her current bf, she smokes cigarettes cuz he does.

*shrugs*

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Sep 2010, 7:54 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
Does anybody else seem to have this? I'm not saying it's a problem, but my ex was molested at age 8 and psychologically abused all throughout her teen years (she's 17 now). My current gf was raped at age 12 and had a child she had to give up for adoption. There's this new girl that likes me that was raped from age 9 to age 16.

Is it because I'm too nice or something? Or are all Aspies similar in their nice-ness?

I'm an Aspie who's attracted to abused & neglected people. I think it's because I went true a lot of stuff in life; I was bullied a lot, very misunderstood, had lots or arguments with my parents ect ect. I think that's cuz I can sort of relate to those kinds of people & they are more accepting of my issues. I used to believe we could help each other true stuff but now I'm giving up on relationships because I can not deal with the drama anymore

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 8:40 pm

Maybe you're really trustworthy, people who have been through these situations have had their trust violated and especially if it was by someone they should have been able to trust, they might be very selective of who they choose to trust in the future, just a hypothesis.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 11:35 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
Well yes, I'm not saying it's a bad thing...just something I noticed recently...

They probably think you're safe to be around.. I'd take it as a compliment..