Page 3 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Sep 2010, 3:55 am

sluice wrote:
Guys will manipulate woman in order to get them to behave differently towards them. It is an old joke that if you want to get a girl to like you or to go farther than she normally would then you treat her like sh*t. I guess women are more likely to change to please someone than a guy is. I don't know how much truth there is in that and probably relates more to younger, inexperienced girls.

I think that's because women want to change the man. They think that they can get the guy to stop treating em like sh!t 1ce he falls in love with em. I think both guys & women should be honest & straight forward but then again I haven't' been able to get a date in six years

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 4:18 am

Generally speaking it's rather unfortunate for the people humiliated by being put on that site that they were in juxtaposition with what look like particularly happy, particularly healthy, particularly "normal" (as defined by sheeple) females. Prime, choice females with a high level of attractiveness - because such females are going to be put on a pedestal, that must have been a factor in how high the creep factor was perceived to be, there might not be seen to be as much of a creep factor if the females were thought more to have been plain janes.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 4:42 am

Surfman wrote:
greepy families

No, they're the lambs. We're Martians.

Gnomon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2010, 5:40 am

Surfman wrote:
greepy families

The Palins are moronic and disgusting, not creepy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Sep 2010, 5:43 am

Gnomon wrote:
Surfman wrote:
greepy families

Sarah looks like an old naughty librarian but I actually think the girls look kinda cute

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Gnomon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2010, 8:31 am

nick007 wrote:
Sarah looks like an old naughty librarian

Now that's an ironic persona. I wouldn't credit her with having read more books than her youngest daughter.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 9:33 am

nick007 wrote:
Gnomon wrote:
Surfman wrote:
greepy families

they all have smiles. are they really smiling because they are happy or are they smiling because they are supposed to.

when people pull smiles when they are not really inclined to smile, i feel sickly because i know that the rest of he world will be influenced by the "fact" that they are smiling, but i see it as a grimmace that is contrived in order to fit in with what most people in the world expect to see in order to feel good about looking at them.

i do not really like humans much because they are so dishonest that they pretend to be having a good time when they are not really having a good time.

why are they so weak that they can not refuse to pack their realities away and smile for cameras? why are they so eager for approval from those who expect from them what they are not really feeling? why smile when one does not feel like smiling.

i see it as dishonest and i believe that someone who smiles when they are not really feeling it is a fraud that is not trustworthy of my belief in them.

most often when i encounter a group of people who contrivedly smile, i feel like i am in a pack of fraudsters who will act in any way that they think is advantageous to them and i see them as dishonest and not innocent.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:56 am

Chin up, half smile and scrunch your eyes a little (so you get a trace of the wrinkle lines).

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:48 pm

Gnomon wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Sarah looks like an old naughty librarian

Now that's an ironic persona. I wouldn't credit her with having read more books than her youngest daughter.

She's read a LOT of cue cards. That counts, right? XD

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

Aside from the cases of 'I'm an overdrunk putz' in the one photo it seems like most often a creepy vibe is something to effect of 'I'm not in my element'.

I noticed Friday for instance, I went out to an overcrowded bar, there was nowhere to sit, me and my friends held up the wall for a while, finally got a table and there was nothing to do but stare at the band. When there's so much noise and sort of social atmospheric pressure it seems like the energy just drains from my face, I kind of weather it and observe (without staring), but still - I get that same kind of long face and its mostly because I'm just stuck. I even had a friend punch me in the shoulder like "Hey, look alive" - I wish I could have but for whatever reason my chemistry just throws me in that spot. Trying to learn to accept myself on that these days, its all I can do, though I'd love to think that in the meantime I will find a solution on how not to have my mental gas-tank drained to fumes in such situations.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 7:18 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

If you look at these pictures, its usually a guy who keeps his distance and stares, doesn't smile, is reserved etc etc.

all individuals concerned should be singled out and rounded up into concentration camps.

Quote:
Often its when the person has prominent eyebrows

This is a haunting physical characteristic. I think the victorians were right to persue their rigorous intellectual discipline of physiognomy as you can tell so much about an evil doer by his eyebrows.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 8:14 pm

jamieboy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
If you look at these pictures, its usually a guy who keeps his distance and stares, doesn't smile, is reserved etc etc.

all individuals concerned should be singled out and rounded up into concentration camps.

Lol, why would they ever do that? They'd risk moral accountability :P

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 5:06 am

That is so mean. If you laugh at people in photos and post them up like its some kind of freak show, there is something wrong with you, not them. I would think as asperger people we'd show a little more compassion.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:16 am

Agreed, and a site like that is quite unethical. These people who put up such sites and propagate such ideas quite likely, perversely, think they are contributing to making a perfect human race by demonising so-called creepy people - perhaps encouraging persecution of people who perhaps simply have limited social skills, which is morally neutral - demonising them because they happened to get in the way of what look like healthy people because they're supposedly a threat to them.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 5:27 am

Oh and one more thing, not that I'm a fan of Sarah Palin (BELIEVE ME, I WOULDN'T VOTE FOR HER IF PARIS HILTON WAS THE ONLY OTHER CANDIDATE) but would you like it if I insulted YOUR family on an international website. Leave family alone man. Criticize the politicians, that's part of their job, but lay off of family. Okay I'm done making my point now. Hopefully people will listen, but I won't be shocked if they don't.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:35 am

i also agree. there is nothing offensive about being simply odd.
but the word "creepy" also connotes a sense of dangerousness about who is a creep.

a creep is a person who molds themselves artificially to conform to a requirement for acceptance into a group of otherwise naive people.

creeps are ugly of spirit, and they deliberately contrive a personage for themselves in order to receive the unsuspecting acceptance of those who are genuine and innocent and uncontrived.

creeps are like slick imposters, and if they are not accepted, they will remain on the sidelines watching for weaknesses like hyenas who furtively survey the herd for people who's sexuality they can dine upon.