Aspies with good jobs. Has it helped a lot?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:41 pm

I used to be really skrawny and then built loads of muscle............

I have a bad job though.

Im wondering if any aspies here had better luck with women once they obtained a better job

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:55 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

I have a bad job though.

Im wondering if any aspies here had better luck with women once they obtained a better job

How's your social skills, though? Because you see...

bulky muscles + high income - social skills = another lonely Friday night at home

(Anyway, I personally find bulky muscles themselves a turn-off since they basically mean someone's been spending a little too much time in the gym in an attempt to attract women instead of doing something that's actually productive. But that's just me.)

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 9:08 pm

menintights wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

I have a bad job though.

bulky muscles + high income - social skills = another lonely Friday night at home

(Anyway, I personally find bulky muscles themselves a turn-off since they basically mean someone's been spending a little too much time in the gym in an attempt to attract women instead of doing something that's actually productive. But that's just me.)

My social skills are slightly below average.......not terrible...

Anyway, I read somewhere on here that women will overlook a lot if you have enough superficial crap.......

i guess

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Nope.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:20 pm

menintights wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

I have a bad job though.

I also find bulky muscles to be a turn-off, the main reason being simply that I find it physically/visually unappealing. It also suggests to me, though, that the individual in question likely (though not necessarily) has a drastically different set of priorities than I do. Fit is good, of course, but all things in moderation and all that. In fact, I find bulky muscles to be a much greater turn-off than being unemployed (job "quality" means little to me; I'd just want this hypothetical man to be doing whatever it is he wants to be doing) or being overweight.

I can't answer the poster's question directly, though, because my job is only so-so, and even if I had a good job, I'm led to understand that most men are turned off or intimidated by women with better jobs than they have.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:33 pm

Kaybee wrote:
menintights wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

I have a bad job though.

I also find bulky muscles to be a turn-off, the main reason being simply that I find it physically/visually unappealing. It also suggests to me, though, that the individual in question likely (though not necessarily) has a drastically different set of priorities than I do. Fit is good, of course, but all things in moderation and all that. In fact, I find bulky muscles to be a much greater turn-off than being unemployed (job "quality" means little to me; I'd just want this hypothetical man to be doing whatever it is he wants to be doing) or being overweight.

I can't answer the poster's question directly, though, because my job is only so-so, and even if I had a good job[i], I'm led to understand that most men are turned off or intimidated by women with better jobs than they have.[/i]

This is true..........

might i ask what your job is?

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:37 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Nope.

Look at Bill Gates....dude is married and has lots of friend

Also, he is most likely an aspie

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:58 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

I'm a teacher.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 12:25 am

Kaybee wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

I'm a teacher.

Well, I might not be turned off then.

If you were like a doctor....i wouldn't feel comfortable..

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:57 am

Having a job, which was decent but not great, allowed me to buy a fun car, which helped me overcome my fear of driving, which helped me get into going out on my own and dating. So, in an indirect way, yes, having a job helped.

Muscles had little to do with it. It was the willingness to achieve greater things in life.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 6:54 am

Blasty wrote:
Having a job, which was decent but not great, allowed me to buy a fun car, which helped me overcome my fear of driving, which helped me get into going out on my own and dating. So, in an indirect way, yes, having a job helped.

Muscles had little to do with it. It was the willingness to achieve greater things in life.

your an engineering student though...thats a good job

Aspiezone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2010, 8:48 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
menintights wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

I have a bad job though.

I can't answer the poster's question directly, though, because my job is only so-so, and even if I had a good job[i], I'm led to understand that most men are turned off or intimidated by women with better jobs than they have.[/i]

This is true..........

But it also weeds out the controlling and sexist guys.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 9:04 am

Aspiezone wrote:
Kaybee wrote:

But it also weeds out the controlling and sexist guys.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. Merely observing.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 9:24 am

A good job and good looks do help with the qualification process. It's hard for a girl to brush you off as a random loser if you're better off than her.

However, you'll only get to that point of consideration if you have decent social skills.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Look at Bill Gates....dude is married and has lots of friend

Too bad my name is not BG then...

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

I once thought to myself. It is much easier to get a 30k job then
to take calls in the office better then the office beauty. That was
only 5 months ago. Now my book sales part time has topped
my income to that of someone earning 30k. It is hard to believe
looking back. The social skills route is most probably much harder
then the earning money route and you get very little for the effort.

Imagine if every NTs had to earn 30k( or their currencies equivalent)
before finding love. It wouldn't be anywhere as hard is being
an aspie.