Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 7:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When those of you on here speak of men in terms of dating (wanting to date, or thinking AS females struggle more in relationships), what type of men are you envisioning?

Post a photo of a man who resembles the image you have in your mind.

I cannot do this... the qualities that I seek in the men that I have found myself drawn to are not physical. I am like a zombie... I like brainsssssss... big, juicy braaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss.

And as a side note, I have to agree... if both partners are fine with being with other people, it is not infidelity, rather it is a part of how the couple functions as a couple. Some call it an open relationship. That is not the same as infidelity.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

How calling it an act of sainthood is pushing my morals onto others? and in my opinion it's infidelity but hmm...you're not entitled to accept it , so no pushing here.

Your false interpretation....not cool.

Btw, do you have the permission to have sex with whoever you want too?

By calling it an act of sainthood and insisting it's infidelity, you are saying the behavior is completely unacceptable. Your opinion of our lifestyles is irrelevant.

Greendragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2010, 1:46 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

How calling it an act of sainthood is pushing my morals onto others? and in my opinion it's infidelity but hmm...you're not entitled to accept it , so no pushing here.

Your false interpretation....not cool.

Btw, do you have the permission to have sex with whoever you want too?

By calling it an act of sainthood and insisting it's infidelity, you are saying the behavior is completely unacceptable. Your opinion of our lifestyles is irrelevant.

Every relationship has its own nuances. There are many couples who are comfortable enough with their partners that they can allow them freedoms many others see as infidelity because they cannot grasp the concept of allowing someone they love to be who they are as an individual. In otherwords, our higly judgemental society has rules that the latter follows and the former has found out that some rules are just propagated by society's "fears" they do not have because they are nonjudgmental... they have grown past the "fears" and see a person as an individual. Open relationships are a mutual acceptence of your partner's decision to sleep with another AND it can work both ways or just one partner ... the basis for this relationship is trust, respect and honesty. And there are some couples who do this together - swingers - which is again based on trust, respect and honesty.

Hence why Boo is judging and closing down the act of saring ideas by negating a different view and Tea is right in asserting the right to live as chosen.

The judgmental judge and the nonjudgemental defend their ability to accept a person as they are, not as they want them to be.

I wonder how many on here would love to find someone who just accepted them as they are?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 2:47 am

dossa wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When those of you on here speak of men in terms of dating (wanting to date, or thinking AS females struggle more in relationships), what type of men are you envisioning?

Post a photo of a man who resembles the image you have in your mind.

I cannot do this... the qualities that I seek in the men that I have found myself drawn to are not physical. I am like a zombie... I like brainsssssss... big, juicy braaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss.

meeee also eat braaaaains.

and I suck livers too.

Quote:
And as a side note, I have to agree... if both partners are fine with being with other people, it is not infidelity, rather it is a part of how the couple functions as a couple. Some call it an open relationship. That is not the same as infidelity.

ok ok ...not infidelity. don't eat my braaaaaaaaaaain.