Does anyone ever get told this?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 9:47 am

Imagine your in a relationship which is about to break apart and then you get told "Your such a nice guy, your everything, why can't boys be just like you" and then you suddenly get told this "your just not my type".

It makes me think, what is the whole point in going out with the person and why do you care if your gonna say something like that?

And what DOESN'T make any sense is the other person wants that same guy back and the guy stupidly accepts it like nobody's business and then suddenly the same s**t happens.... again, what is the whole point in getting back with that person?

But unfortunately for some people, love is a weak point.

---------------------

If that was me, it would just put me off altogether.

Anyways, that is all.

- SBI. :?

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 10:33 am

superboyian wrote:
Imagine your in a relationship which is about to break apart and then you get told "Your such a nice guy, your everything, why can't boys be just like you" and then you suddenly get told this "your just not my type"

Oh that is easy. She has you pegged as a "Beta" or a "Nice Guy".

She wants to go out with Alpha "bad boys" who will treat her like crap and probably slap her around a bit.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:22 am

It's because she recognizes that you are a decent guy, and that she needs to be with you in the long haul, but at the moment, she needs Mr. Right Now, not Mr. Right. She wouldn't say that unless she wanted to get back with you later someday. Even the most corrupted girls know what's right for them, but sometimes people prefer to continue fooling themselves.

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2010, 11:26 am

Girls like boys that are nice but not ones that are too nice, if you understand what I mean. They want to be treated right by their boyfriends, they want romance and stuff but the guy also needs to be assertive. A guy always needs to have backbone.
Also being too nice is just creepy, don't do it.

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2010, 11:30 am

Mindslave wrote:
It's because she recognizes that you are a decent guy, and that she needs to be with you in the long haul, but at the moment, she needs Mr. Right Now, not Mr. Right. She wouldn't say that unless she wanted to get back with you later someday. Even the most corrupted girls know what's right for them, but sometimes people prefer to continue fooling themselves.

It's not so much about bad boys vs nice guys. There are guys that are something in between and that's basically what a girl looks for in a guy. Unfortunately those guys are scarce so the girls decide to go with the bad boy over the nice guy. That something in between refers to a nice guy that's assertive.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:40 am

Sometimes people tell you you're nice just to be polite.

And sometimes people tell you you're nice because you seem to want more than sex--although in the case of many self-proclaimed nice guys this is rarely true. They're just less open about it.

Quote:
It makes me think, what is the whole point in going out with the person and why do you care if your gonna say something like that?

If you haven't always known that person as a friend, the point of going out with the person is to get to know him and find out whether or not he's your type.

Quote:
And what DOESN'T make any sense is the other person wants that same guy back and the guy stupidly accepts it like nobody's business and then suddenly the same sh** happens.... again, what is the whole point in getting back with that person?

Because they think it's better than nothing and/or that she might change her mind.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

I don't know if it has anything to do with 'nice'.

Sadly, I have to admit - I've been the twit who on numerous occasions, after a date was telling a girl all her strong points, how positively I thought of her, but that I didn't think it was going to work. Having been the twit I'd call it a chemistry issue; ie someone who you like and respect a lot as a person but, you know that you'd have a nagging feeling of incompleteness and that you'd be looking around like a pig while you're with her, feeling wholly embarrassed that your not 'with' her in that sense, possibly in worst case scenario even feeling more hollow and alone than you did when you were single because you feel like you're in the process of cementing yourself into something that's not fulfilling.

If a girl says that, I'd be fine with it because - if she's real about it I don't want her doing that to herself. If she did want me back, I'd absolutely remind her of why she broke off with me and it would be unfair from both sides to let that happen.

Its not a sign of personal defect at all, just means you need to keep looking.

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2010, 2:19 pm

Honestly I can't give you an answer for this. I do feel for you though.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 2:23 pm

A lot of girls want the "thrill of the chase". If you are a perpetually nice guy, that means that you're nice to everybody and that there is nothing special about them in particular to make you nicer to them...so they're nothing special...do you see what I mean? Most women are VERY competitive with each other. They want to be different, special, and above all the rest so they try to make a "wild-horse of a guy" love them. Thus, they've tamed him. It's NOTHING about love, it's about ego. Another scenario is this one: You're a great guy but you can't support them financially. You're just a regular guy and not a doctor or lawyer. Sometimes they simply don't love or like you but can't understand why because you're SO nice OR they want to break up but don't want to haul around the guilt for not wanting a nice guy so they remain friends so they have someone to run to when they get a good ass-kickin'. They need to keep their egos in tact. Don't get used!! Better to be alone than be some chick's patsy. If you are alone, that tells others that you are available. If you are seen with this girl who doesn't give a toss for you, then you're not available, are you? Don't let these insecure people stand in your way of finding love. This just doesn't happen to guys...when I was young I heard it SO many times. You're a nice girl...la-te-da-te-da....but....
The funny thing is that nice guys NEVER seem to want nice girls!! Go figure :? Maybe you guys are enjoying the thrill of a good chase as well.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 2:53 pm

Mindslave wrote:

No they DON'T want to get back with you someday. They string you along to cushion the blows from other bloaks. When the guy that they really want is on top of someone else, they got you to be on top of them. It's called EGO-CITY. Then, when the other guy blows the dog whistle, they jump out of your lap and happily into his. Don't be a SUCKER! Don't wait for some tramp to miraculously come to her senses. You'll grow VERY old waiting and it will take the undertaker three days to wipe the disappointed look off of your face.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

superboyian wrote:
Imagine your in a relationship which is about to break apart and then you get told "Your such a nice guy, your everything, why can't boys be just like you" and then you suddenly get told this "your just not my type".

And what DOESN'T make any sense is the other person wants that same guy back and the guy stupidly accepts it like nobody's business and then suddenly the same sh** happens.... again, what is the whole point in getting back with that person?

---------------------

Anyways, that is all.

This all depends on her age, in general hormones make girls mainly look for a appropiate reproduction partner (begin sexual maturity) - psychical appealing and dominant in behaviour (your Alpha behaviour). When the hormones ease down (around age 25) they usually look for a homely father type (Your Beta behaviour). Mind these change happens similar to men.

You can see youthful lusts flare-up at the menopause (around age 50) and older males wanting younger women at the time the blood starts changing direction (again, around age 50) because the hormone production also gets jolted.

There are always exceptions but these are the most common reasons.
You got to love the human body :wink:

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 4:58 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
superboyian wrote:

---------------------

Anyways, that is all.

This all depends on her age, in general hormones make girls mainly look for a appropiate reproduction partner (begin sexual maturity) - psychical appealing and dominant in behaviour (your Alpha behaviour). When the hormones ease down (around age 25) they usually look for a homely father type (Your Beta behaviour). Mind these change happens similar to men.

You can see youthful lusts flare-up at the menopause (around age 50) and older males wanting younger women at the time the blood starts changing direction (again, around age 50) because the hormone production also gets jolted.

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

Horse Pucky.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
superboyian wrote:

---------------------

Anyways, that is all.

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

Horse Pucky.

It's the biological explaination, it does take all the magic away from it though :wink:

But I do like to hear your explaination to why this is Horse Pucky.

fb5b
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2010, 8:25 pm

You're too nice!

Simple as that. For a girl to be attracted to you, she needs to be excited as well as feel comfortable. You can come across as a "bad boy" without actually being an a##hole!

I found just by keeping a girl on her toes, if she asks "Does my bum look big in this" you could always say "compared to what?"....

If she asks your opinion on a dress, you could say it reminds you of a table cloth you saw a few yrs ago.

As long as she know's you're just kidding around, these add a bit of fun.

When my now wife and I were first dating we'd be out with friends, and they'd ask if we even liked each other, we were playfully taunting and making fun of each other to such an extent.

As soon as you get pegged as the "nice friend" it's pretty much lost.

If she see's you as "more like a brother" remember, she wouldn't sleep with her brother, so you've got no chance of her sleeping with you.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Mindslave wrote:

No they DON'T want to get back with you someday. They string you along to cushion the blows from other bloaks. When the guy that they really want is on top of someone else, they got you to be on top of them. It's called EGO-CITY. Then, when the other guy blows the dog whistle, they jump out of your lap and happily into his. Don't be a SUCKER! Don't wait for some tramp to miraculously come to her senses. You'll grow VERY old waiting and it will take the undertaker three days to wipe the disappointed look off of your face.

I've had to deal with all this for a long time, and it eventually leads me to start wondering if there's anyone that would actually like me. Not just wanting a guy to pad boyfriends, but someone who would actually care about me as a person. And every time I think i've found the latter, it turns out to be the former...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:31 pm

What she is saying is, she is not attracted to you, but she wants you to know that she does not think poorly of your character.

Quite honestly, I used to think the key to getting friends was being nice. I thought, if I was a nice person, people would want to be friends with me. That's not how it works apparently. But that doesn't mean that being a mean person will get one more friends either.

It's the same way with dating. Being a good person does not mean a girl will want to date you. But being a bad person doesn't mean she will want to date you either.