Why do boys want good-looking girls?

Page 3 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2005, 5:16 am

Fuzzy Chickens

I realize I was over LYTOral with your HYPOthetical. :? Sorry about referring to parts of your post as gibberish as a result.

Answering ur question, I too would more than likely pick the "ugly" one thinking she is good looking lol. I don't like make-up, so even though some women are quite beautiful, thier make-up is disturbing to me. It makes faces plit up into bits more. Thats hard to explain. It may also be to my intense fear of clowns as a child :P

So I would pick the most natural looking down to earth non-game player.
In saying that, I do have a tendancy to throw looks into the combination of other things that way up an attraction. And when I'm checking out the scenery, I do choose the best looking to check out the most.

I saw on a documentry that 'good looks' for both male and female is a certain facial bone stucture. Heaps of famous people that are found attractive have the same bone structure. Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise ...I can't remember who else.

ElfMan

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2005, 12:36 pm

Oddly enough, I also find that many people look better without makeup.

Remember, for the purposes of this thread, we're going by what YOU think is attractive.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2005, 7:01 pm

I find makeup utterly unappealing - women always look infinitely better without it. Its basically an appalling anachronism and I struggle to see why modern women still put up with it.

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2005, 9:37 pm

Always? Don't you know that generalizations are always bad?

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 7:04 am

FuzzyChickens wrote:
Always? Don't you know that generalizations are always bad?

I think that everybody who makes wild generalizations is utterly stupid!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 7:07 am

....errrr... that was a joke by the way...... quite clever if you think about it...... Oh never mind :roll:

Anyway, in this case I don't think it is a generalization - I find makeup hideous, and I struggle to see how anyone could look better with it than without. Just me, I guess....

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 10:24 am

why do girls want handsome men?

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2005, 12:00 pm

Make-up is fine, though i can do without the lipstick..it bugs me when women wear too much lipstick

JustineMarie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2005, 10:08 pm

Are you sure that it is not simply an excess of makeup that you find hidious?...I can't understand why a bit of cover-up to cover-up my acne scars would make me uglier...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2005, 6:06 am

I think it's a bit of a silly attitude twards makeup some people here have, and I agree with JustineMarie, there is nothing wrong with subtle natural looking makeup.

I don't wear makeup often but I don't see how wearing it would make anyone uglier unless they wear WAY too much or apply it so it really looks fake.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2005, 5:54 pm

JennieRichee wrote:
Wow. You aspie guys are so cool about this issue. I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprized. :)

Me too, I'm like :D Yey for nice guys!

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2005, 7:01 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
I find makeup utterly unappealing - women always look infinitely better without it. Its basically an appalling anachronism and I struggle to see why modern women still put up with it.

If you don't like makeup, why are you wearing it in that picture with the underwear on your head and the girl's wig? :| Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2005, 8:43 pm

Chris wrote:
TAFKASH wrote:

If you don't like makeup, why are you wearing it in that picture with the underwear on your head and the girl's wig? :| Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

I was wearing it in a strictly professional capacity - that's different.....

....and it was a pink cowboy hat, not "underwear"...... :roll:

I love kids...... :) couldn't eat a full 'un though..... :wink:

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 7:29 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I think it's a bit of a silly attitude twards makeup some people here have, and I agree with JustineMarie, there is nothing wrong with subtle natural looking makeup.

I don't wear makeup often but I don't see how wearing it would make anyone uglier unless they wear WAY too much or apply it so it really looks fake.

I don't know that we are meaning to seem silly Hale Bopp. Subtle natural make - up is not too bad. I think most of us may be refering to make up that changes the look of a person. And it does not take much for that to happen.
I actually don't mind natural make-up at all. (Natural skin tone stuff).
Bright lipstick, coloured eye shadow or a touch of eye-liner can totally change the look of a person for me though. In some people's perception these are subtle changes but for me they are not. I don't even know why. I am not saying that people with make up are ugly...perculiar looking to me maybe. A friend of mine who hardly ever wears make up had put some eye liner on because she was teaching a course. I consider her nice looking, but with the eye liner on, I was confused by her apperance.
I hope this makes some sence without being offensive.

ElfMan

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2005, 10:22 am

Re: Windows and Macs, I got started on Macs but Windows are a lot cheaper, easier to find and maintain and now the interface copied from Macs makes them as user-friendly.

As for girls, it's pretty obvious when you look at it biologically. Most of the things that make a girl hot physically are signs that she's 1) healthy and 2) very fertile. Most of us don't consciously think that way of course - The Onion IIRC parodied that once with a guy saying 'I'd really like to pass on my genetic code through her!' - but like Fido the dog instinctively that's how we are.

Last edited by Young_fogey on 27 Mar 2005, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2005, 4:17 pm

What I've never quite understood on this topic:

First off, I can understand why someone might go out with someone who's both physically attractive and intelligent, but so many times I see guys with girls who may be attractive but who are, to put it bluntly, as dumb as a brick. To me, that totally negates what physical attractiveness they may have...

Second, the things a lot of people find physically attractive, I'll often just see as being ugly... and my idea of even what constitutes physical attractiveness is rather different from what most people consider attractive.