Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DAnielMolon
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

I met a girl yesterday (I didn't actually meet her, I talked to her at msn) and we talked for hours. We talked aproximatly from 9p.m until 3:30 in the morning. I liked her and I believe she liked me ( otherwise she wouldn't talk to me for 5 hours straight) and I wanted to know what is the best way to conduct this to a romantic relantionship and avoid getting frindzoned.
Should I just ask her out on a date right away or should I talk to her a few more days before asking her out ? Should I tell her I liked her or it would just scare her ( because she met me yesterday)?
please help me, i'm 17, never had a gf and I really have no clue of what I should do now.

Ps: I believe she is an aspie too because she describes perfectly all the my fellings I also fell when interacting, among other stuff. I think this information might be useful.

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

DAnielMolon wrote:
I met a girl yesterday (I didn't actually meet her, I talked to her at msn) and we talked for hours. We talked aproximatly from 9p.m until 3:30 in the morning. I liked her and I believe she liked me ( otherwise she wouldn't talk to me for 5 hours straight) and I wanted to know what is the best way to conduct this to a romantic relantionship and avoid getting frindzoned.
Should I just ask her out on a date right away or should I talk to her a few more days before asking her out ? Should I tell her I liked her or it would just scare her ( because she met me yesterday)?
please help me, i'm 17, never had a gf and I really have no clue of what I should do now.

Ps: I believe she is an aspie too because she describes perfectly all the my fellings I also fell when interacting, among other stuff. I think this information might be useful.

I would casually ask if she wants to meet for coffee/lunch/whatever. It's a low risk, high reward proposition in that she'll either say yes (from there, just roll with it) or no (in that situation, it's easy to get over since it's just online contact). You're probably right about her liking you, there's no use beating around the bush here. Just be yourself, you're money!! :D

"The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others."

- Robert G. Ingersoll

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 6:38 pm

Keep in mind that most girls like a confident man and find confidence sexy.

Other people may disagree with me, but I think asking her out sooner rather than later is the best way to stay out of the friendzone. Unless you're very good at online flirting, and I'm going to assume that you're not, the longer you drag out chatting the more time she has to friendzone you.

Most girls will subconsciously decide in the first 15 minutes of meeting you whether or not they're even remotely interested. If she liked you in the first place, she wouldn't be offended that you asked her out quickly. If she didn't like you, she'll just decline the date and you won't have to waste time wondering whether to pursue her.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

Papa_Smurf wrote:
DAnielMolon wrote:

I would casually ask if she wants to meet for coffee/lunch/whatever. It's a low risk, high reward proposition in that she'll either say yes (from there, just roll with it) or no (in that situation, it's easy to get over since it's just online contact). You're probably right about her liking you, there's no use beating around the bush here. Just be yourself, you're money!! :D

^ agreed.

and if you talked from 9 till 3:30 it was 6.5 hours - not 5 hours. it's a very long time, and definitely a good sign!! !

DAnielMolon
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

I agree that's a great sign that's why I don't want to mess it up. And yeah it's 6,5 hours I was just too lazy to do the maths when I wrote it.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 12:00 am

I think papa smurf's is a good idea. Just take it easy. And do not tell her you like her right away. Wait a couple of days (and a few dates) to drop that one. Talk to her a little more and try to read signs. Maybe complement her a little and see how she reacts. If you go too fast you can crash.