Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

I met this cute and interesting girl that was setting next to me at one of my usual dives. I spoke to her during the time we had lunch. She was Japanese and i told her of my admiration of Japanese culture, a little about my self, where i have traveled and so fourth. We had quite a few things in common. After the lunch, i walked her to the nearest subway station and we exchanged contact information (phone number, Facebook friend invites). She is an international student who is studying in a local university.

I would like this chance encounter to become a relationship...but i don't know how to go about it. I called her once since our encounter. I don't wanna contact her 24/7 or come off as a creep. or anything. How can i make this thing work out?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

"Coming off as a creep" is the risk you have to take.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

If you do nuot have the chance to meet on a regular basis, then the next step would be to invite her out, you know: watch a movie, ice cream, a coffee, going together to a special event, something like that.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

She does have a cold so il give her a few days to rest p and midterms are coming up after Canadian thanksgiving. it has to be timed at just the right time.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 5:40 pm

Meanwhile, you may enjoy watching the movie "My Darling is a Foreigner."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606197/

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

Just called her and she let slip that she has a BF. Do i bother continuing or do i drop it?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
Just called her and she let slip that she has a BF. Do i bother continuing or do i drop it?

Nothing gets rid of me faster than the "B-word", whether it's actually true or not.

But then again I'm chronically single so hopefully someone who actually knows what they are talking about will chime in... :wink:

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2011, 9:15 pm

Il still talk to her, i may have a chance to swoon her enough for her to join my side...but i am dreaming in technicolor.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

Did she show interest in being your friend? If she did, I would say you should keep going. Be her friend. There is nothing wrong with that, and you will get the chance of getting to know her without all the stress of a romantic relationship. There is nothing to lose and you get the chance of getting, at least, a new friend.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:

She either A. not happy with her boyfriend B. Wasn't sure if you were coming on to her and therefore told you something in a nice way.

Either way, it is a bad deal and sure wouldn't like convincing her to breakup with a boyfriend.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2011, 7:33 am

@ika: Yah she does show some interest given my interest in Japanese culture (since she is Japanese). Having a buddy is always nice to have around.

@Bopkasen: I am willing to bet its gonna be B. Slip of the tongue. i think not.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

I have a boyfriend statement is the line to say she is not interested in you. Take the hint and do not waste your time calling or contacting her again if you are romantically interested in her. If you want to waste your time and fixated on her well keep her as a friend on Facebook and wait a long time.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
I have a boyfriend statement is the line to say she is not interested in you. Take the hint and do not waste your time calling or contacting her again if you are romantically interested in her. If you want to waste your time and fixated on her well keep her as a friend on Facebook and wait a long time.

You know it can also mean she ACTUALLY have a boyfriend? Maybe she likes him, but she already has a boyfriend. Being friends is a good idea. You never know you it may end up.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

I met a girl at constant, she wasn't moving her ass at all.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

cyberfox007 wrote:

I would like this chance encounter to become a relationship...

this is kind of weird and mildly creepy.

renemain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

Just casuse she let it slip that she has a boyfriend. That doesn't mean she doesn't want to find someone else if they are a better fit for her. If you felt some chemistry, try to spend some time with her and see how comitted she is to her boyfriend. That doesn't always mean walk away and leave her alone. You never know, you might end up marrying her down the line.