Do you believe in the idea of a Soulmate?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:22 am

Is it just a bunch of voodoo type stuff or is there a legitimate amount of evidence to support it exists? I find it interesting.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:29 am

No not anymore it’s jsut thing we told to keep lonely people quiet and from ruingin all the normal people’s happiness with their sadness.
We live in a world where people would rather be alone and sad then date certain people so no there isn’t soulmates

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:34 am

sly279 wrote:
No not anymore it’s jsut thing we told to keep lonely people quiet and from ruingin all the normal people’s happiness with their sadness.
We live in a world where people would rather be alone and sad then date certain people so no there isn’t soulmates
So it's just a way to mask the loneliness.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 2:39 am

Soulmates certainly exist, but I find it unlikely you would find one with dating.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 4:55 am

StayFrosty wrote:
Is it just a bunch of voodoo type stuff or is there a legitimate amount of evidence to support it exists? I find it interesting.

I believe there are soulmates, because there are aspects of attraction we can't really account for. I don't believe we just have one soulmate. The soul is too vast for that.

I don't know what you'll finding terms of evidence. There is no science of the soul, but I'd say your evidence is in the pain that comes from ignoring the soul. And we are a world of people who ignore our souls.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:09 am

I don't believe in soul mates, but I do know that you'll get along with some people better than others.

The thing with finding a partner is to find one of the people you get along well with plus some added romantic attraction.

That's it!

However, it's insanely difficult to find someone you get along well with that you're attracted to and who is also attracted to you. Sounds really easy, but it's nigh on impossible.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:12 am

hurtloam wrote:
However, it's insanely difficult to find someone you get along well with that you're attracted to and who is also attracted to you. Sounds really easy, but it's nigh on impossible.

I agree with you.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2019, 7:34 am

No. Having said that, I think ppl believe a soulmate must be your lover, whereas if anything that soulmate could be your cousin, your mom, your dog, or even some kid in Africa you'll never know, at least not in this life time but perhaps in others

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:54 am

StayFrosty wrote:
Do you believe in the idea of a Soulmate?
No.
StayFrosty wrote:
Is it just a bunch of voodoo type stuff ...?
It is a myth.
StayFrosty wrote:
... or is there a legitimate amount of evidence to support it exists?
No.
StayFrosty wrote:
I find it interesting.
While the myth does have some historical significance, there is no practical use for it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:58 am

red_doghubb wrote:
No. Having said that, I think ppl believe a soulmate must be your lover, whereas if anything that soulmate could be your cousin, your mom, your dog, or even some kid in Africa you'll never know, at least not in this life time but perhaps in others

This.

You may not even meet them in your current incarnation... mine could be a 95 year old woman in China.

Doesn't stop you getting on very well with non-soulmates.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:58 am

sly279 wrote:

Well said.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2019, 8:02 am

Trueno wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:

This.

You may not even meet them in your current incarnation... mine could be a 95 year old woman in China.

If I had one, it was my dog, whom I had to put to sleep 3 yrs ago today. As he died, I held him and said, "we'll find each other again in the next life". And somehow I know we will.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:11 am

red_doghubb wrote:
Trueno wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:

This.

If I had one, it was my dog, whom I had to put to sleep 3 yrs ago today. As he died, I held him and said, "we'll find each other again in the next life". And somehow I know we will.

You will.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:15 am

I believe in the IDEA of a soulmate.

I don't believe it is inevitable that someone will be able to actually HAVE a soulmate.

I thought I had my soulmate when I was 19. It didn't turn out the way I wanted.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:16 am

I miss my dog Chloe. I loved her and grew up with her. She was beautiful. I've written lots of times about her before so I won't write any more.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:52 am

hurtloam wrote:

I think attraction is overrated and completely irrelevant to finding a soulmate.