Something which happened at a barbeque!

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

I know this is long but can you please try and answer

a year ago i was at a friends house party . when i went there i felt very anxious because of all the people and i was not really talking much too everyone but my friends that were there were friendly too me.

this girl who i think i saw before arrived at the party (according too my brother this girl is a drug addict and has been in prision even though she was only 19 at the time). i saw her looking at me a few times and i tried too avoid her (because i am shy) the girl looked like a rock chick with black spikey hair. Later in the evening she walked up too me smiling and introduced herself too me and we talked a bit. during the conversations we had she said things too me like "your really cute" (and hugged me) and "take of your shirt of you have a fit body"

Although she was friendly at first she then said too me "you don't mind me saying this but you have aspergers right?" and i said "yeah" and i did say too her after that "how did you know that?" and she then said "someone said you did" and then said "who?" and she replied "i am not sure someone just said". After that she replied "i only talked too you because i felt sorry for you" and also "i have a friend who has aspergers and boy when she is angry you do not want too be there". After this conversation for some of the evening she did act slightly aloof towards me and did try too avoid me a bit although later on we chatting again. when we started talking again she kept insisting that i drink some more beer and was treating me like i was a bit of a ret*d (at least thats how i precieved it) I was a bit offended and did say too her "what do you mean by this" and she then said too me "are you pissed off with me" and i just said "no i am not angry" and the conversation ended there. depsite this we were both friendly too each other when the party ended.

What do you make of this situation esspecially the part where she mentioned "i only talked too you because i felt sorry for you" This girl knew my younger brother quite well at school also (she went too the same school as me). in the last few weeks i have seen her around town and she politley said hi too me a few times but she did not seem that interested in wanting too stop and chat. i did see her in a pub a few months ago for a social gather as well but she was not overly friendly too me on that ocassion

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

To me, it seems more like she treated you like an exhibit in a zoo. Personally, I don't want people to feel sorry for me, and just approaching you to say that she does fells a little odd to me. You shouldn't be unfriendly or anything like that, but personally, I wouldn't approach her any further. I got to admit, though, that I am a little biased because I have had some bad experience with a punk girl lately, so I may not be the best person to judge this situation properly.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

What do you mean treat me like an exhibit in a zoo?

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

That she was just interested in you because of your mental state, not because of yourself. This happened to me quite alot, but it is just a theory.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

starryeyedvoyager wrote:
That she was just interested in you because of your mental state, not because of yourself. This happened to me quite alot, but it is just a theory.

Really? People are like this...? Wow.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

do you think i reacted in the right way too her though?

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:26 pm

:lol: She sounds like my type. As long as I can keep her under control.
In your case though, it seems that in her mind she is doing the right thing which she isn't...
Out of curiosity have you wanted to talk to her to engage in a conversation or is she moving away while you were talking?

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:30 pm

i am not really that interested in talking too her. what you mean though by "is she moving away while you were talking?"

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

Jamesey, one thing I've realized with you is you dwell way too much on the past with things that don't matter. I mean this happened as you said over a year ago and it's obvious she's just a b***h.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Xenu i am glad your not still gruding over the batman argument we had 2 years ago.

Like you i think i might be biopolar. one thing though why do you think she's a b***h?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Xenu wrote:
Jamesey, one thing I've realized with you is you dwell way too much on the past with things that don't matter. I mean this happened as you said over a year ago and it's obvious she's just a b***h.

Before the militant feminists barge in I wanted to get in a quick, "Well done" and "I agree with you." OP, move on. Easier said than done, I know... the "socialites" sure do enjoy poking fun at us and it's maddening sometimes. Enjoy life and try not to let this worthless person get under your skin.

And why was she a b!*¢h? You can't figure it out? Because she walked up to you, threw peanuts and laughed at you. (Metaphorically...) She pretended to be nice/friendly but wasn't. She then walked away ignoring you completely. Toying with people like that is just cruel and that kind of person is not worth your concern.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

she is probably very good at manipulating others right?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:35 pm

BlueMax wrote:
She pretended to be nice/friendly but wasn't. She then walked away ignoring you completely. Toying with people like that is just cruel and that kind of person is not worth your concern.

+ 1

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Xenu wrote:

I was gona write the same thing.... Don't be past oriented because it will only lead to depression and sorrow. She obviously CANNOT hurt you anymore, and you should think about it as something you've learned from.... you might improve your assertiveness and self esteem if you won't just caculate every bit of what has happened to you in your life.