Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Nelly155
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by Nelly155 on 07 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 9:30 pm

If he says he has a girlfriend I think you should believe him. Why would he lie? Also he's clearly stated his position. Respect his wishes. You'll meet someone else.

bettalove
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2012, 9:58 pm

He has stated that he is unavailable to pursue a relationship with you. If you are interested in him romantically- or whatever- let him know that you'd like him to keep you in mind if he's single again in the future. Then drop it. Bringing it up over and over is rude and will make him uncomfortable.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

An honest direction would be to not be a part of someone cheating on his girlfriend, however many quotation marks you put around it. If he is the type of person that would have a fake girlfriend and string someone along (she may have feelings, too, it is likely), and also be unfaithful to her, why do you think he would make a good boyfriend? People don't have one set of ethics for one relationship and then have a new, better set of ethics for their next relationship. A person seeking to have a clear conscience would break up with the first girl in order to pursue you if he were really willing to put in the effort of being honest.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 11:15 pm

Nelly155 wrote:
I care for a 25 year old guy I believe has AS. After he finally gave me his number (4 months) he initiated text most mornings for 3 weeks but has stopped ever since our discussions have become more emotional and serious.

ASDs (I'm gonna say aspies because it sounds less clinical to me) are almost always serious.

Nelly155 wrote:
but he asks personal questions about me.

See above.

Nelly155 wrote:
He won't meet up with me for sex

Sex is very dangerous/risky/heartbreaking for aspies way too often.

Nelly155 wrote:
(I do not want a hook-up relationship with him).

But you do want sex with him, and probably more. (this is not a question =) So he's probably scared.

Nelly155 wrote:
He acts strange in person (i.e. won't make eye contact, sits facing away from me, and acts like he has something to say but never says it)

That's aspies. That's the problem.

Nelly155 wrote:
and acts like he has something to say but never says it)

Doubtless he does have something to say and doubtless thinks you'd think it was stoopid, invasive, offensive, or embarrassing to you.

Nelly155 wrote:
but I can't tell if that is the AS or if he is trying to hide his feelings.

Both.
Also maybe he's just agreeing to meeting up with you because he feels sorry for you in some way and doesn't want to say it. See above.

Nelly155 wrote:
I can tell he cares for me.

Of course he does or he wouldn't meet w/you. =)

Nelly155 wrote:
My friends and I have assumed his girlfriend is a cover

Aspies rarely lie.

Nelly155 wrote:
or that they are not close.

Another aspie issue.

Nelly155 wrote:
but I can tell he doesn't trust me

1,297, 836 times burnt, twice shy. Aspies are burned a lot, more than you could possibly imagine.
Nelly155 wrote:
and is intimidated by me.

He's a guy, you're a girl that alone is enough here. =) It's 'normal'.

Nelly155 wrote:
He did not text me for 5 days. When I initiated text a few days ago he seemed to have a lot on his mind and wouldn't entertain the idea of flirting

Something caught his interest, that's what intense focus can do, 5 days is nothing.

Nelly155 wrote:
but tried to test me.

Unlikely, guys don't think this way and aspies are notoriously unsubtle.

Nelly155 wrote:
Do I leave him alone for a week and see if he messages me or keep attempting to contact him?

Contact him as much as you want, you're safe. He probably wont understand/notice your test of the silent treatment and simply assume he was right all along: you weren't safe. Or he will correctly guess that you're playing games with him, games he KNOWS he will lose painfully.
You're not the first girl to be hot for him. sorry.

Nelly155 wrote:
I have always contacted him after backing off when he pulls away but I have developed strong feelings I don't want to leave him alone.

You can brutalize this soul without even trying, you better be a really tough, honest, FAIR always girl to him or find yourself another man than wont get so damaged by games. (I'm not saying you're playing them, but I'm asking you to think hard about if you are even a little bit)

Nelly155 wrote:
How can I establish some trust without seeing him?

Be brutally honest with him and yourself. Be brutally open. Do not be coy, he wont get it and you'll get frustrated.

Nelly155 wrote:
How do I help things move forward in a honest direction?

Move things forward? You mean steal him from his girlfriend? I don't know that that's honest, unless you tell him, "I want to steal you from your girlfriend."
Aspies are unimaginably, staggeringly, and dare I say, foolishly, loyal. Good friggn luck. He wont care if you're even a movie star.

Nelly155 wrote:
Any advice accepted.

This, I'm not sure I believe.
But I'll give it.
If you cannot be ten times the woman his current GF is -in every way, including forever patience for his quirks- leave him alone. For good. Forever. You're too intent upon him right now.

Be strong. And be kind.
Even if it breaks your heart.

Can you do this? Are you a real woman - worthy of a good man? Because only an air-wasting skank-ho would do otherwise.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 1:36 am

To put it simply, it sounds like you are being too emotionally clingy and needy with someone who doesn't want the same. Time to move on, it will be healthier for the both of you if you can't remain mutual friends and get over these feelings you have for him.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 6:23 am

From my perspective it seems he's not into you.
Truth is hard to hear but it's likely... unless you see him that often and there truly is no "girlfriend" then it's probably a crush he has on a girl that's taken.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Sorry to say; you were the piece of ass on the side and now he's prob getting serious with his girlfriend so he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He's not that into you; but might want to keep you around for sex at some future time.

Ask yourself this:

If he's willing to cheat on his girlfriend with you, what would stop him from cheating on you with someone else if you were together?