"There's something about you that makes you incredibly

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2012, 2:08 pm

This was what I just heard maybe 10 minutes ago from a girl I know.

The case is that I stumbled upon the FB profile of a girl who goes to my school, I've never talked to her before, but she looked very, very beautiful. I commented on her pics saying she was beautiful and we chatted for an hour or so..

Then, it all faded away, until today, when I was walking by the local McDonalds after school, when she banged on the window and waved at me to come in. She and her best friend were there. I picked up a milkshake and sat down with them. They started talking about school etc, and when I told them about my grades (they're quite high) they were really surprised and got a lot more interested. I focused on keeping eye contact, something I've become quite good at (these girls had both wonderful, blue eyes, so it wasn't too hard :P), I complimented them and they actually complimented me back. We talked and had fun for some time before I had to reach my bus.

Then, 10 minutes ago, one of the girls chatted me on FB, she said thanks for a great time, I said thanks back, and then she said what the topic says: "There's just something about you that makes you incredibly hot". My heart almost stopped, I have never ever heard a girl say something like that before.

My question is: What should I do now? And what part of the "Aspie behavior" is attractive to women?

Edit: And now she's even asked me if I wanted to come over tomorrow in the evening. She says her parents will be gone... :o

Last edited by 1814 on 01 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 2:13 pm

Ask her out to dinner and a movie? :D.

qwertyuiop1994
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2012, 2:37 pm

Wow good luck! If you like her why not go over? :) Would you tell her that you have Asperger's? :)

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

Ask her out on a date. :0

benr3600
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 4:52 pm

I think women are attracted to the simplicity that we represent. That doesn't mean that dating an NT female who is used to dealing with a-holes and is unaware of the underlying condition is anything short of the most frustrating thing on earth, as they only have the preset, "inside-the-box" dating template to go off of and when that fails with us, they are usually very frustrated and just think doing more of the same will get you anywhere.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2012, 8:08 pm

Maybe there's something inherently charismatic about certain cases of AS? Obviously this isn't applicable to all of them, but I have noticed this trait in one particular variety of AS- the kind of person who's super intelligent (thanks to AS), has a ridiculous memory (thanks to AS), and who, in general, doesn't care about social procedure or socializing in general. I think it can make us look a bit like the modern anti-hero.

benr3600
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

Or maybe they're seen as the hero our broken society deserves, but not the one it wants right now. :P

Garnet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

Just say yes and go over to her house tomorrow. You don't have to do anything else, right now. But, if she is mentioning her parents aren't going to be home that might be because she wants to kiss you.

It's hard to describe what part of Aspie behavior is attractive (to me). I like that my bf is so smart and has integrity. He is honest and I trust him. It's nice to know that he won't lie to me and he doesn't try to manipulate me. He's so different than NT men and that's why I'm with him.

benr3600
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

Garnet wrote:
It's hard to describe what part of Aspie behavior is attractive (to me). I like that my bf is so smart and has integrity. He is honest and I trust him. It's nice to know that he won't lie to me and he doesn't try to manipulate me. He's so different than NT men and that's why I'm with him.

Do you have any friends? JK :D

Garnet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

benr3600 wrote:
Garnet wrote:

Do you have any friends? JK :D

If I knew any single women, I'd send them your way. :wink: Most of my friends are men.