Talking to a "dificult" girl

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KingKoolXD001
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2013, 1:29 am

Here's my situation... There's this girl I know, we've been friends for years. She knows I like her I think she may like me too. Yet I don't know how to make things go farther, we don't see each other much, and we don't text very much either anymore. She told me she doesn't really like talking to with me because I over react a lot I can be immature and sometimes I'm very open or to "deep" in what I choose to say and she doesn't know how to respond. She's a kinda strange girl. Growing up she lost her dad when she was young and has a stepdad who's a huge jerk. She not a very outgoing person never really had a whole lot of friends or boyfriends. She sorta sensivtive and gets offended real easily, doesn't give me much too talk about cause I mostly say rude things plus I feel like she's not really that open with me maybe she's got trust issues, we fight most often and I always find myself apologizing an say I won't do it again and which makes her question why she should continue to talk to me but she normally just ignores me for awhile. Please someone give me helpful advice I'm tired of going through these motions and lack the social experience nessecary to deal with this effectively on my own...

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 1:36 am

She doesn't sound difficult at all. You're overreacting is a sign that you can't control your ego or emotions and this is going to be a problem if things were to progress. Being too deep causes women to think too much and they hate that. It is possible you are failing to understand her emotions and you can at least make the attempt to ask her how she is feeling. The second part is you might be apologizing too much for something that might be her problem and not yours. This problem is her being 'kinda sensitive'. Everyone is insecure about something, and it is up to you to figure out what that is if you care that much. If she doesn't want to open up, then treat it as a red flag and keep her as a person you are just friends with.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:23 am

Well, you gotta ask yourself something: Do you really like her and want to take it to the next level, or do you just want to have a girlfriend and figure she'll do? If it's the second thing, I'd say not to bother.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 12:29 pm

KingKoolXD001 wrote:
Here's my situation... There's this girl I know, we've been friends for years. She knows I like her I think she may like me too. Yet I don't know how to make things go farther, we don't see each other much, and we don't text very much either anymore. She told me she doesn't really like talking to with me because I over react a lot I can be immature and sometimes I'm very open or to "deep" in what I choose to say and she doesn't know how to respond. She's a kinda strange girl. Growing up she lost her dad when she was young and has a stepdad who's a huge jerk. She not a very outgoing person never really had a whole lot of friends or boyfriends. She sorta sensivtive and gets offended real easily, doesn't give me much too talk about cause I mostly say rude things plus I feel like she's not really that open with me maybe she's got trust issues, we fight most often and I always find myself apologizing an say I won't do it again and which makes her question why she should continue to talk to me but she normally just ignores me for awhile. Please someone give me helpful advice I'm tired of going through these motions and lack the social experience nessecary to deal with this effectively on my own...

you should find a new girl to talk to.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

it sounds dicey before it's even begun. i wouldn't bother. stay friends at the very most

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 4:07 pm

I wouldn't give her another moment's thought. Look for someone you can actually spend time with and not someone with, er, 'ishoos'.