How to talk to a guy without seeming creepy

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 8:22 pm

A girl you have to be EXTREMELY creepy to be considered creepy. However guys can be creepy by saying hello.

So basically don't worry, like at all.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

I've never heard of a girl being creepy before, and I've certainly not heard of one who was afraid of being creepy. I wish pretty smart nerdy girls initiated conversations with me.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 9:31 pm

I've had the "greepy girl" thing happen... mostly from coming on WAY too strong, wanting to form a life-long bond (like marriage) on the first or second date.

Those initial stages of meeting/dating are NOT "twue love fowwevveew."

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm

MXH wrote:
Just talk to him like you would to any girl. Its not like men are from a different planet or anything

For those that didnt catch it, this was a sarcastic reversed joke.

But yea, pretty much to come off as "creepy" to a guy the only way will be to be overly clingy. Now theres other things you can come off as that may make him step away, but for real creepy feelings a grade 10 clinger will surely do it.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone! I heard a lot of people say that I won't come off as creepy unless I come on too strong. Believe me, I'm not one of those insane girls who starts being clingy and talking about the future on a first date. I'm actually the exact opposite. It takes me a very long time to get attached to people, so I won't say anything like that. If a guy did that to me, I would be a very creeped out. I don't have any feelings for this guy because I don't even know him. I just think he's cute and I want to know more about him. I have the class again next Wednesday, but it's a test unfortunately. Maybe I'll just ask him if I can borrow a pencil and tell him good luck on the test. I only worry about coming off as creepy, because he'll probably thinking, "why is this random chick talk to me?" I don't want to invade on his space or anything. I realize I don't have anything to lose because I don't know this guy. If he has a girlfriend and or isn't interested, I won't be heartbroken because there are tons of other guys at my school.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 11:19 pm

Einfari wrote:
Maybe I'll just ask him if I can borrow a pencil and tell him good luck on the test.

You gotta' take it up a notch higher than that... anyone can borrow a pencil - that is not a sign of interest or even a flirt (unless you maybe wink at him when you wish him luck and he catches it?)

In this world, a man can't flirt without the threat of lawsuit/humiliation anymore... (make me wonder how some of these PUA's aren't in jail!)
If you make the first move, he's got the green light to flirt back with you! ;)

I know if I were in this scenario, I'd like to know in a plainly obvious way that she's interested in me... then I can decide whether to return the interest or "friend-zone". (Hey, everyone does it... it's not a right to be considered attractive by everyone.) One lady at work was very interested in me and she was friendly enough around the workplace, but not physically attractive at all. I had to turn down several invitations to bars, movies and dinners - eventually telling her flat out I'm just not interested in that stuff. Her persistence took her from "friend" to "creepy but tolerable..."

Last edited by BlueMax on 06 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B3dsage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

Einfari wrote:
I only worry about coming off as creepy, because he'll probably thinking, "why is this random chick talk to me?"

I can't speak for him, but usually my response would be "Woohoo! :cheers: This random chick is talking to me! Crap, now what do I do!? 8O"

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:00 am

I think you'll be ok just starting up a conversation with him. :)
If he doesn't respond in the way you might like at first don't let it put you off either (unless of course he tells you to go away LOL).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:10 am

Lick his earhole while you're talking to him.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

Tyri0n wrote:
Girls really can't be creepy in the same way that guys are. Maybe if you're gross and over sexual like Temperance Bones, but I've never met anyone like that in real life. You don't seem to be that way. If you're cute, it's almost impossible for a girl to be creepy under normal circumstances. So go for it.

Temperance Brennan is "gross" and "oversexual"? Have we been watching the same show? :wink:

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 11:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lick his earhole while you're talking to him.

Lol. I will take note of this.

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2013, 4:29 am

MXH wrote:
Just talk to him like you would to any girl. Its not like men are from a different planet or anything

Ha ha ha ha ha! This made me laugh, because it's true.

I'm terrible at these things. So I'd probably just smile at him...but if you've got a little bit of confidence. Just go and say hello. Exchange names and ask him if he's enjoying the particular class/lecture/tutorial.

Good luck!

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 6:35 pm

Einfari wrote:
Over the past few weeks in one of my lectures, I've noticed this cute guy that usually sits around where I usually go. He doesn't seem to know anyone in this said lecture because I haven't seeing him sitting near or talking to any of the other students. I don't even know his name, but I find him quite attractive. I want to try to talk to him, but I don't want to come off as being a total creeper. I don't want to talk to him as if I'm directly hitting on him, but I'm not sure how to start a friendly conversation that doesn't make it seem like I'm hitting on him. I could just ask for his name, major, etc, but I don't know how to sart the conversation. Should I just ask him to borrow a pencil or something. I am so bad at these things. What should I do?

just go up to him and say ''hi'' and just do simple small stuff.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

Yeah, avoid tilting your head back and saying things like "woahhh damnnn" at all costs!