ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 6:26 am

http://www.millionairematch.com/

Some interesting survey results

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/2 ... 83741.html

Quote:
...According to a new survey by MillionaireMatch.com, a dating site for millionaires, rich men have very different dating preferences than their female counterparts.

The site surveyed a random sample of nearly 15,000 of their members in order to discern what type of people millionaires prefer to date. The results revealed that the vast majority of millionaire men, 79.6 percent, seek out non-millionaire women, while 84.5 percent of the female millionaires would prefer to date another millionaire.

Darren Shuster, a representative for MillionaireMatch.com, said in a press release that one of the reasons rich men don't want to date rich women is because they want a partner they can take care of.

“We were very surprised to learn that the great majority of our male millionaire members sought non-millionaires,” said Shuster. “It seems that financially independent men want to share their wealth with those less fortunate. With women, the story is much different.”

The female millionaires surveyed indicated that they are “not looking to take care of anybody" and would prefer a financially stable partner

The survey also found that the rich women would be more careful with their wealth if they entered into a marriage than the rich men. Eighty-two percent of the female respondents said they would insist on a prenuptial agreement, while only 17.4 percent of the male respondents would do the same....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMkcJy-i4Q[/youtube]

Interesting, but not surprising, findings.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 3:53 pm

Interesting. I agree with the point made in the video about rich men wanting financial control - that sounds like a likely explanation. But even more likely it's a mixture of the two: yes, they genuinely enjoy "taking care of" their woman, but they also enjoy the control it gives them.

Quote:
84.5 percent of the female millionaires would prefer to date another millionaire

Hmm, that still leaves 15.5%! How often do you hear of a rich woman dating a non-rich man?

Quote:
Eighty-two percent of the female respondents said they would insist on a prenuptial agreement, while only 17.4 percent of the male respondents would do the same.

Wow! Only 17.4%?! I've really got to wonder how the rest ever became millionaires in the first place with a careless attitude like that.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm

If I was a millionaire I would have a prenup,but to protect my kid's future.Maybe that's the reason women are tighter with their funds.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm

Yes that what I noticed too.

The wealthier they are the more hypergamous they become. Not the case for men.

All generally speaking of course.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

Some of the women here will be very disappointed to read this article since this clearly shows the true colors of each sex and that in general one sex has it easier than the other.

It's like the discussion thread that was going on a couple weeks ago, where face of Boo said that a job-less man is valued less than a dog but not the case for a job-less woman. This is the same concept.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm

Does the jobless woman have kids?Then she has a 24/7 job already,the hardest one in the world.If you are a good parent you are always on call.
If the woman is childless than she is the same value as a jobless man.But is the man taking care of kids?Then he has a full time job also.
Single parents of both sexes have it hard,and it may be harder on a single dad.A woman usually has female friends that will help with the kids ,it may be harder for him to find safe and dependable child care if he has no female relations nearby.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:20 pm

Misslizard, I don't want to go into 'who has it easier' debate but I can't deny some social facts: a jobless man is valued null regardless if he was taking care of kids or not, stay at home fathers are 1-3% in even most advanced countries which show that men aren't really socially encouraged to be home dads, they are mocked by other men and also shunned by a lot of women of ther surrounding, including relatives and family.

Btw, while men make the majority of workforce in most countries, they also make the vast majority of homeless persons (around 70%) - a fact.

That's mostly due to the different natures of the sexes: a man with money is way more likely to support (via marriage or otherwise) a woman with no money than vice versa (woman with money supporing man with no money). Society as a whole is more likely to take pity for a homeless woman than a homeless man.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2013, 5:32 pm

I don't think any of this shows like 'male generosity' or 'female selfishness'. One of my former teachers was in an abusive marriage for ten years in which her husband forced her to stay at home with the kids, despite her desire and qualification to teach, and he made her life insanely difficult because he ended up owning everything because he forbid her to work, and he placed everything in his name. He also made it incredibly difficult for her to even attempt to get a divorce, despite her having great reason to get one. It impacted her so much that when she did remarry she refused to change her maiden name again, because she was terrified of not being able to have things in her own name. Sure, some men might like the idea of having a wife to support and take care of in a charming 'Leave it Beaver' way or something, but in this day and age it can be really imprisoning and confining. Men and Women can both be great stay at home parents, but there might be some validity to the claim that jobless men have some more difficulties, if only because that's the lingering social view of the situation. That doesn't mean every man with a job is willing to be with a jobless woman, I mean I think most people view it as a partnership for a reason.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:35 pm

Men should get support if they are raising the kids,it is a sad state of affairs if they don't.They should get all the benefits a single mom does.I wish that it worked this way.
When I was in San Francisco I saw as many females begging for money as males.But I don't doubt there are more males in some areas.
I think my brain is rather simplistic.If I have a sandwich I would split it evenly with someone.Why would I expect a bigger portion because I am female?Maybe if I was pregnant or lactating I would expect more,but some men would be happy to share with a fetus or baby.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Does the jobless woman have kids?Then she has a 24/7 job already,the hardest one in the world.If you are a good parent you are always on call.
If the woman is childless than she is the same value as a jobless man.But is the man taking care of kids?Then he has a full time job also.
Single parents of both sexes have it hard,and it may be harder on a single dad.A woman usually has female friends that will help with the kids ,it may be harder for him to find safe and dependable child care if he has no female relations nearby.

Also I wanted to add, while home parenting is a non-paying job, it earns for the woman great social respect, not the case for stay at home dads - as I explained earlier.

Another thing, I live in the Middle East so gender roles are still strong here so there might some cultural bias in my observations - but I believe you lived in a conservative area and time as well.

Also, according to how our cultures generally view those cases:

Jobless childless woman = a potential bride waiting for suitors (and yes suitors will come).

Jobless childless man = no one wants him, a pet dog is more preferred.

Single mothers have it harder than single fathers here tho, the latters are more likely to remarry.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:50 pm

AGhostWriter wrote:
I don't think any of this shows like 'male generosity' or 'female selfishness'. One of my former teachers was in an abusive marriage for ten years in which her husband forced her to stay at home with the kids, despite her desire and qualification to teach, and he made her life insanely difficult because he ended up owning everything because he forbid her to work, and he placed everything in his name. He also made it incredibly difficult for her to even attempt to get a divorce, despite her having great reason to get one. It impacted her so much that when she did remarry she refused to change her maiden name again, because she was terrified of not being able to have things in her own name. Sure, some men might like the idea of having a wife to support and take care of in a charming 'Leave it Beaver' way or something, but in this day and age it can be really imprisoning and confining. Men and Women can both be great stay at home parents, but there might be some validity to the claim that jobless men have some more difficulties, if only because that's the lingering social view of the situation. That doesn't mean every man with a job is willing to be with a jobless woman, I mean I think most people view it as a partnership for a reason.

No one claimed every this and every that, I was just talking in general how things are.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

lost561 wrote:
shows the true colors of each sex and that in general one sex has it easier than the other.

I didn't word my post very well, but this is mostly what made me feel I had to post something. I really kind of rambled and fell off of my point at the end of my post, but I mostly just wanted to get the story of my former teacher posted.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

It is harder for a single mom with kids to find a suitor.The men here that have kids usually have a female relation that will care for then while he works.Some of the moms also work.I think it is easier for the men to find a woman who will take care of him and the kids.But a job probably has a lot to do with it.Many men do not want to raise another man's kids,some of this is that you have to deal with the ex.He may be an ass.
If the woman was jobless she would still have some assets,is her house clean,does she cook,grow a garden,etc..A jobless man would be judged the same way,can he split wood,is the yard clean,can he do chores?You can be jobless,but not lazy.
And it also depends on why someone is jobless,are they trying to find work?Have they been laid off a job?Have they been sick?
I guess what sums it up here is that even if you have no job,are you doing something productive.Some unemployed men cut firewood,they deserve credit for this,it is hard work.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

I actually know the reason for this. ( my experience with dating mostly more affluent men ).

1. Men get sick of women only looking at dollar signs when they look at him. The man wants a partner into less financial desires.

2. They place more emphisis on a woman who will be more likely to give up their career to help the man progress with his career.

3. A womans looks are more desirable then her bank balance.

So I'm never in a rush

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Single mothers are still viewed as 'used material' to most of society.

As for the initial topic at hand, it's interesting but I think there are many variables that were not considered. Men tend to want to take care of an equal, women tend to want to take care of family. Both are nurturing, just in different ways. This, ultimately, leads to differences in how money is spent. Neither is 'more selfless' than the other... they're both doing their part to help people dear to them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 6:30 pm

Solvejg wrote:
I actually know the reason for this. ( my experience with dating mostly more affluent men ).

1. Men get sick of women only looking at dollar signs when they look at him. The man wants a partner into less financial desires.

2. They place more emphisis on a woman who will be more likely to give up their career to help the man progress with his career.

3. A womans looks are more desirable then her bank balance.

But a rich woman is way less likely to be gold digger for a rich man than a non rich woman - the rich woman doesn't need his money.

My bet is that those millionnaire men want sexy dolls/suhar babies and not competitors.