Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AllYouNeedIsLove
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Feb 2016, 11:24 am

I'm posting since I seem to be in a temporary break with my aspie boyfriend and I am very hurt and confused at the same time.

When we started dating, he told me he was looking for a serious relationship. He also told me he was a virgin and that he had never kissed a girl. We started dating and I tried to go as slowly as I could but we ended up having sex. I was, and I still am, crazy about him and he has been amazing with me. He looks after me when I am sick, he takes me out on awesome dates, he has opened up to me and told me about his fears, dreams, family issues and conflicts and we watch anime together for hours.

Nevertheless, last week he told me that being in a relationship means a lot of work and he was not sure he wanted to be in a long-term relationship. Nevertheless, he doesn't want to lose me and wants me to be part of his life.

I asked him to take 3 weeks to think about his feelings and I suggested we shouldn't see each other during that period. He has been to friends' gatherings where he knew I was gonna be, so I have seen him but we have not talked about the relationship.

I have hope we can be together again since I feel he is really into me, but this situation has been very hard and I do not know how to approach it. Have you got any thoughts about this issue?

Loveurself
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2016, 10:03 pm

Sorry this happened to you. How long were you two together? Unfortunately, he lied to you and that is how I would look at it. He told you he was looking for a LTR and now that he has had his fun with the use of your time and affection, he's ready to move on. Funny how he decided LTRs weren't for him after having sex with you. Just because he is an "aspie" doesn't excuse is lack of character! His excuse for the break up was awful. By him saying LTRs are too much work, he is just saying your not worth the effort. Sorry, but it's true! He sounds like a user. Also it's interesting that he has the time to go to see friends, but spending time with you is too much work! I would have been really upset. If it were me, I would tell him how I feel (angry) and that he had his chance and blew it!! !! I know you like him, but you have to show him your worth and that means telling him the truth. You deserve better. Maybe after telling him he screwed up and not talking to him at all will open his eyes to his crappy ways. There should be some repercussions for his actions. Also in my opinion, three weeks to casually think over his already made decision, is too much. You deserve an apology and someone who takes your time and efforts seriously.