Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kyuubi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jun 2014, 7:59 am

Why doesn't Gary get the girl at the end? Karen's boyfriend dumped her, cheated on her, and didn't care at all that she was pregnant! Gary on the other hand paid for her abortion by sacrificing EVERYTHING!! At the end of the movie he walks into the party and, what do you know, Karen is making out with that as*hole again. The guy insults Gary and Karen doesn't give bucket of s**t!! ! I God damn hope that this isn't how it is in real life because if that's how it is than I don't know what I'm going to do!! I'm so upset!! It seems like the girls that are my type are exactly the ones that are going out with these guys! I like girly girls, I believe I have mentioned that before. However it seems that these girls will only go for guys that abuse them. I've heard from many guys that their girlfriends have been stolen from them by as*holes! I've also heard that girls will break up with their men "because they're nice"! I don't want to be myself anymore because I know now that being myself won't work! Idk what to do *lays down and curls up in fetal position* I'll never have the life I want at this rate.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 8:13 am

Then start liking less "girly" girls. Yes, you can do it.

Personally, I see that the very-girly women are often annoying, old fashioned in the head, having entiltment issues and often fit the superficial stereotype to the core.

Seriously, you aren't missing out some gem when them go for these guys. Remember s**t attracts flies.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Is this a fictional movie and/or t.v show you are talking about? If so I wouldn't get too terribly worked up about it....Also I am pretty sure not all 'girly girls' only go for guys who abuse them I doubt there are many if any females that have a checklist with 'abuses me' as something they would check off as something they look for in a boyfriend.

Its also possible some of these 'girly girls' are a**holes and so they want to be with another a**hole....I mean obviously in that movie the chick did not give a damn about the guy, but leading up to that part where there any hints he maybe should have considered that would have clued him into the fact she didn't care before he went wasting a bunch of time and money on her? And of course at the conclusion even if the guy did lose a lot would he rather have been with that jerk of a female? Maybe, but who knows.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Kyuubi wrote:
Why doesn't Gary get the girl at the end? Karen's boyfriend dumped her, cheated on her, and didn't care at all that she was pregnant! Gary on the other hand paid for her abortion by sacrificing EVERYTHING!! At the end of the movie he walks into the party and, what do you know, Karen is making out with that as*hole again. The guy insults Gary and Karen doesn't give bucket of sh**! !! I God damn hope that this isn't how it is in real life because if that's how it is than I don't know what I'm going to do!! I'm so upset!! It seems like the girls that are my type are exactly the ones that are going out with these guys! I like girly girls, I believe I have mentioned that before. However it seems that these girls will only go for guys that abuse them. I've heard from many guys that their girlfriends have been stolen from them by as*holes! I've also heard that girls will break up with their men "because they're nice"! I don't want to be myself anymore because I know now that being myself won't work! Idk what to do *lays down and curls up in fetal position* I'll never have the life I want at this rate.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have not seen the movie, but some points:

1) You can't earn someone's love. You can earn their goodwill, and their respect, but love is its own animal, and while actions can help someone realize they do love you, they can't create love that isn't meant to be there.

2) Sometimes women aren't ready for love, and a subconscious avoidance mechanism is to fall for jerks. And sometimes they have deep self-esteem issues that make them feel they are not worthy of a "good" guy. You can be the best person in the world, you can be her true love, but if she is not in the mental space to receive real, healthy love, then it isn't going to work at that point in time.

A lot of things have to come together to make a relationship work. That is why the most important thing a person can do is simply not get discouraged and not give up. False starts and dates that don't work out are part of the process. EVERYONE has them. Sometimes luck makes the process go faster, sometimes it drags it out, but you still have to go through the process.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Is this a fictional movie and/or t.v show you are talking about? If so I wouldn't get too terribly worked up about it....Also I am pretty sure not all 'girly girls' only go for guys who abuse them I doubt there are many if any females that have a checklist with 'abuses me' as something they would check off as something they look for in a boyfriend.

Its also possible some of these 'girly girls' are a**holes and so they want to be with another a**hole....I mean obviously in that movie the chick did not give a damn about the guy, but leading up to that part where there any hints he maybe should have considered that would have clued him into the fact she didn't care before he went wasting a bunch of time and money on her? And of course at the conclusion even if the guy did lose a lot would he rather have been with that jerk of a female? Maybe, but who knows.

It was a teen comedy from the early 80s, more or less a knockoff of Porky's.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!