The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 7 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 88  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 2:25 am

I'm literally drunk right now. :P I've been drinking ceasars all night and right now I'm having a nice Twisted Tea.

I think I'll have another ceasar once I'm done this. For the non-Canadians here, it's basically like a bloody mary with clamato instead of normal tomato juice. The clam broth adds an extra dimension of flavor.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 2:44 am

^
I've never gotten why that's a Canadian thing, to me the Clamato just has a more savory flavor than generic tomato juice or V-8, it's like an umami bomb and not fishy or anything. I mix mine with horseradish, lime, Worcestershire, celery salt, Tabasco, and a few grinds of black pepper, extra spicy and delicious. My old boss and I used to drink them on Mondays while we were opening the restaurant to recover from the weekend, we called it bloody Monday of course.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 2:49 am

Ahh yes, the Flaming Moe. In my younger days I used to love flaming drinks, but I've seen too many stupid things done with them over the years. My old roommates had some nice burn scars from flaming Dr. Peppers, which I don't know how they convinced a bar to serve them, and I once had a party guest set himself on fire with a flaming shooter that he picked up by the hot rim and dropped in his lap. That was a fun evening, me rolling this fat black guy around my living room floor while everyone else panicked, and then having it turn into the funniest thing ever within 10 minutes, with every future party then judged by whether or not we'd set fire to a minority yet... Good times.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 2:57 am

Dox47 wrote:
I've never gotten why that's a Canadian thing

Because it was invented by a bartender in Calgary, Alberta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 3:29 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Because it was invented by a bartender in Calgary, Alberta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)

Huh, most of the cocktail books I read simply list it as a Bloody Mary variation without comment on it's origin, not that I put a lot of time or effort into the whole thing. Regardless it's a great drink, superior to the Mary when mixed properly IMHO.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jun 2014, 7:42 am

One pear Rekorderlig cider barman!

I love women with longish black hair, a cutie by nature, nice smile and beautiful piercing eyes.
A girl who is intelligent and understands abstract jokes.
A rocker chick who will listen to music with me and hang out at my place. (Beatles in a loving mood, NIN in a fun mood)
A girl who likes to dream up places we can go whether it be something small or big.
A girl that doesnt mind video gamees once in a while when either of us are in the mood.
A girl that isn't hung up on material possession but will be delighted in the gifts Im willing to give.
A girl I can relax with and be taught how to love again.

Oh and shes gotta be somewhere in Melbourne VIC AU :)

Last edited by kaiouti on 28 Jun 2014, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 7:42 am

I'd like an Irish Coffee right now,made proper with real cream not Baileys and with Bushmills.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 10:50 am

I'm about to make even more of a jerkoff of myself than I am on a moment-to-moment basis and grab that mic for some Sledgehammer.

Rail shots are on me (Lieutenant Dan spiced rum, to be specific).

[edit: to be clear, I am drinking right now but I'm not by any stretch drinking shots of Lieutenant Dan. I have 3/4 of a bottle of it, but I'm not quite horrible enough to go there without actual company at 11am]

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 3:20 pm

So, I'll have another Sapporo please. Yum!

Happy Canada Day/Independence Day/Thank God It's Summer, I'll Have Another Beer Day!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=V0O0nzkESTI[/youtube]

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm

I really fancy a nice glass of delicious Gran Sasso primitivo/puglia.

*orders*

:)

(not a native speaker)

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 9:31 pm

Where is everyone? Did I miss 'last call?"

By the way, we just picked LJ up from Ocate Cliffs. That place is so beautiful and it is one of many new projects being put together to change lives in positive ways for Autistic people. WE NEED YOU!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm

It's Saturday night so maybe they are in a real bar.I'd have to drive an hour to get to the closest one,no thanks.Dry county here.
Right now I'd enjoy a hot cider with a shot of apple jack in it and a cinnamon stick.Then off to bed.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm

While at the store today. I perused the selection of Spam. I was amazed by how many variants of Spam are offered, include a health turkey spam. Per pound, it's more expensive than steak, so I brought home a couple of chuck steaks.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3YcNzHOBmk8[/youtube]

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 8:39 pm

SoftwareEngineer wrote:
While at the store today. I perused the selection of Spam. I was amazed by how many variants of Spam are offered, include a health turkey spam. Per pound, it's more expensive than steak, so I brought home a couple of chuck steaks.

Why eat Spam when the real thing is cheaper :D I also noticed the Spam today at the store and saw they had a jalapeño version.ewwwww,just give me a jalapeño instead.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 11:00 pm

In the morning, I'm going to start the steaks soaking in Shock Top Honey Crisp Apple beer. I'll grill the steaks over charcoal and hickory around 2:00 PM.