Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 8:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
rdos wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Well, since NT's make up what? 95% of the population, then I guess you will have to wait for a really forward NT woman or an Aspie woman to make a move. It may take awhile because I'm having a hard time trying to get a guy to ask me out - either they're all playing hard to get or maybe I'm running into a lot of Aspie guys. Idk. :lol:

Neurodiverse people make up 10-15% of the population, so it is a perfectly valid choice to exclude 85-90% of NTs. It's a good selection criteria in order to get better success rates.

and those "15%" include what? - and in most conditions there are more males than females.

There is no gender bias in neurodiversity, so it means that 10-15% of women are neurodiverse, and that 10-15% of men are as well. They just need to find each other. It is true that more men are diagnosed with ASC, but that is irrelevant to the issue as the relationship issues are neurodiverse issues, and not ASC issues.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 8:26 am

I don't see why guys don't ask you out, Angela! You've got a bubbly personality, and you ain't bad-looking, either.

Could it be that watchcat you have as your avatar? :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 9:11 am

^because she's grumpy.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 10:16 am

Holy crap, the sun is up already 8O , need to sleep but, before I recharge, I briefly mis-read this title as something like « The Sex-Deniers on W-P »。 8)

...then I was all like, what, why would you deny sex, because like, I regard sex as a very welcomed activity ! :wink:

Also plan to grow my hair out long, very long, like long enough to eventually reach down to my ankles kind of long, then I will have it dyed something like blonde or golden-brown or something similar, then I will turn that hair of mine into a wig, followed by randomly finding a nice young girl to have sex with me whilst having her wear said wig as we film ourselves ! ^_^

You just have to know the secrets to appearing young even if you are an ancient old-geezer like me with stories such as something like « I seem to have some elven-genetics within my DNA so I do not age as fast as most humans » and then you can avoid that « you are creeping me out » vibe, and speaking of creeping you out, I have to know...

Well... that is the big question : « Does I Creep You Out ? » :lol:

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm

314pe wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
314pe wrote:
I noticed that on a local religious dating site there's a lot more women than men. I not only get more replies there, but also get approached from time to time. That didn't happen on any other site.

Wow I wish there were a site like that here too. 8O

Maybe there is. For us aspies it's a good idea to find a niche instead of going with a mainstream place like OKC.

Am I the only one who thinks that site is hell on earth? The people are so damn rude. You write a decent message and can't even get something like, "Thanks, not interested." Or you go on dates with people who talk positively about meeting again, invite you out for a future get together, but you never hear from them. The only decent person I met there had some definite Asperger symptoms.

Wish I knew a better site with people like the folks here.

MissMee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2015, 8:11 pm

HighLlama wrote:
314pe wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
314pe wrote:
I noticed that on a local religious dating site there's a lot more women than men. I not only get more replies there, but also get approached from time to time. That didn't happen on any other site.

Wow I wish there were a site like that here too. 8O

Maybe there is. For us aspies it's a good idea to find a niche instead of going with a mainstream place like OKC.

Am I the only one who thinks that site is hell on earth? The people are so damn rude. You write a decent message and can't even get something like, "Thanks, not interested." Or you go on dates with people who talk positively about meeting again, invite you out for a future get together, but you never hear from them. The only decent person I met there had some definite Asperger symptoms.

Wish I knew a better site with people like the folks here.

Send shorter first messages and don't take a non-response personally.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 5:36 am

Thank you! I do try to keep the first messages brief, but related to what they've said about themselves. Ultimately, I don't find many people I think I'd fit with there, and they definitely aren't interested in me, so it's best to try other things.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 7:42 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Men and women can be good at the same things as well as different things from one another.
They have equally admirable traits that are not identical traits. It's clear that others feel the same way about this topic. However, acknowledging this does not change the fact that I am single.

I could create a million threads about the sexes, about equality and so forth in the dating section. But would it make me more knowledgeable, change my circumstances, or enrich my life or others' lives? I often wonder these things, and additionally wonder how making or proving a point, however valid it may be, actually serves to help the person that makes it.

This isn't aimed solely at you, Boo. It's generally what I'm thinking when I see these sorts of threads.
There's a lot of good content and humor in this thread :D but what does it actually do? Sorry to get all existential here but I'm genuinely curious.

LOL this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 7:59 am

How are things, Café au lait?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 8:10 am

Hell try finding someone of the same sex who thinks the same way as you, good luck is all I have to say.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 8:16 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Men and women can be good at the same things as well as different things from one another.
They have equally admirable traits that are not identical traits. It's clear that others feel the same way about this topic. However, acknowledging this does not change the fact that I am single.

I could create a million threads about the sexes, about equality and so forth in the dating section. But would it make me more knowledgeable, change my circumstances, or enrich my life or others' lives? I often wonder these things, and additionally wonder how making or proving a point, however valid it may be, actually serves to help the person that makes it.

This isn't aimed solely at you, Boo. It's generally what I'm thinking when I see these sorts of threads.
There's a lot of good content and humor in this thread :D but what does it actually do? Sorry to get all existential here but I'm genuinely curious.

Let's tell Alex to close WP then because it doesn't change anyone's life

Does talking about autism will cure autism of the thread starter? no

Does complaining about not having friends will magically make the thread starter get friends? no

non-IT forums are mainly just time killers :P.