Page 18 of 22 [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 11:56 am

DoesItMatter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DoesItMatter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
If you get friendzoned by a girl, the best thing to do is flip it around and tell everybody that she is stalking you.
No, the best thing to do is to "ghost" her; that is, to stop making any intentional contact with her, to ignore her when you see her in public, and to minimize your part of any conversation she may start with you (politely, of course). It's like putting her in the "friendzone", with the added action of showing no interest in her at all. If she wants to "warm up" the relationship, then let it be entirely up to her. Meanwhile, her friends may become curious and want to know what's going on - because while she tells them that you are interested in her, you don't act like it. They will likely translate that situation into her having a crush on you ... and they will want to find out why by trying to get to know more about you ...
Haha sadly girls arent that easy to fool. We catch very quickly if a guy have shown interests in our friends, so before he he even started acting all cold and ignoring her, all the friends would most likely already know it he like her. And starting to act completly different will just make it more suspicious haha
It's worked exceptionally well for me, and on multiple occasions, too!
You must quite the actor skills then ... Because usually before the guy would even know he is "only a friends" for her, most of the friends already know he likes her ...
They are more likely to assume that he likes her, believe it to be the truth, and then desperately grasp for any form of "evidence" that they can use to "prove" their assumption.

"He wore the same color of socks two days in a row! He likes her!"

"He coughed when she walked in the room! He really likes her!"

"The only class they don't have together is PE! He's obsessed with her!"

"He took someone else to the prom! The bastard! How could he treat her that way?"

:roll: Aren't there enough soap operas on TV? :roll: Apparently not ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm

Perhaps they assume that because it's true most of the time, despite exceptions.

However, if "ghosting" the girl isn't right, because you're not "fooling" anyone, what are you supposed to do? Keep hanging out with her as a "friend" even if you don't want to? Keep telling her you want more than friendship so she can charge you with harassment or get you beaten up by some tough guy she is actually into? It looks like you just can't win.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

Or you could act like an adult, make your peace and move on.

Infatuation, eh? A girl won't go out with you so you accuse her of being a stalker*. Which completely validates her decision, and frankly any such decision a girl makes until you stop being so petty.

*And what does a man call a woman who won't engage in sexual activity with him? That's right, a slut.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 4:54 pm

Banebear, i found this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70427&start=240
It probably has far more suggestions than i could give. The best i think i could say is learning how to simply be okay with yourself. You aren't The Best looking? Most aren't. You aren't the Most accomplished? Same thing.
Basically, for everything you aren't, remember there's still something you are or can be. For the things you really don't like about yourself, list them out - can they be changed? If so, make a plan to work on changing them. For the others, work on simply accepting them as part of you. You don't have to love them, just merely be okay.
For some, be it due to nature or nurture, meds are needed.. E.g. people with body dysmorphic disorder.. It doesn't matter wat they really look like, all they will ever see is ugly. For some, cbt therapy to reroute thought patterns; for some, simply trying to improve works.

Either route, i think that part of no longer spending ample energy seeking her, and instead, trying to focus on enjoying life as it is can be also distracts the mind from endless self-directed tirades. There is something to be said for someone liking us helping boost self-confidence. But - if we put all our confidence in the hands of another, they also have the power to completely crush. So finding some way, whether the suggestions in the link, or other, to even reach a mild being okay with who/what you are now, particularly when combined with effort and reminder that you are working toward who/what you want to be..can give an inner strength that is appealing to others; but it also keeps your heart from being slaughtered by every outside source that may (or may not) give validation.

There also are a lot of books now on acceptance - used for anxiety, depression, and simply life itself. I'm not sure which in particular might help, but maybe one would.

Sorry if this wasn't much of an answer.. Perhaps a new post requesting suggestions on how to find ways to be okay with yourself might get more ideas than i can offer...it's a broad concept, so not a simple answer. But, if you could think of one particular thing is troubling you about yourself, it would be easier to find suggestions for that (i.e. step 1).

One other thing i was thinking though - you mentioned the game girls all being many miles away. Perhaps you could use this to your advantage? By having conversations and long distance friendships, it could be a good, safe way to practice and start feeling less like you have 0 experience and 0 idea about females, and instead, think of it as a 101 course on interacting with and learning about the girls who are similar to ones you would want to date.. It may also help with confidence as some may find you nice, funny, interesting, etc..when all you're really doing is being yourself.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 5:06 pm

Yes you need confidence but confidence can come from different places. Many will say "be yourself ". You could try that and it may work for you. If it doesn't work, try something else. 

The girl I'm dating now says she likes that I "have my sh*t together". She says she likes that I have my own place, my own car and a job. Her ex had none of these things. She left him.

I'm not saying girls only care about money but they need stability in their life. From money comes a sense of safety. Remember girls want to feel safe. Most of all they want to feel comfortable with the guy they're with.

BaneBear
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2016, 5:46 pm

Honestly, I want to date very much. But right now I am dealing with severe depression and anxiety to the point of constant worrying, suicidal thoughts, and self harm. My arm is covered in scratches and my soul is quite wounded. I am in no position to date because I don't feel safe or loving of myself, less alone another human.

FireballDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2016, 9:22 pm

AR15000 wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
It worked for me. The girls who were spreading rumors apologized after they realized they couldn't outsmart me, and soon after that I was able to interact with women on my Facebook again after they admitted to everyone that their rumors about me are fake.

In gradeschool and perhaps in some college environments this works, but lemme tell ya kiddo.....When you become an adult it really doesn't.

Nothing more apt of a statement regarding Aaendi could be made than THIS.

Well, there can be more apt statements, but you get the idea.

He's just a 14-year-old kid with mental issues trapped in a grown man's body. Ugh...

FireballDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

You know Aaendi, it's kinda crazy how you keep saying you're not a sexist or misogynist, and yet all you do is talk about your troubles with women.

But I suppose you would know about crazy, huh?

Been nearly 3 years and you still haven't learned from it.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm

I want to explain a little bit more. I don't know what kind of friendzone the OP is in but here's what to do if you're in the friend zone:

Step 1) Try to be friends. Hang out. Go see a movie together or go bowling. Try not to show any romantic interest in her. If you are so attracted to her that you cannot stand it, then I don't know what to tell you. If you want to be on the safe side, it's good if she is your friend.

2) If you've tried being friends with her, and she doesn't respond, it's time to make other friends, or ask out other women, and just forget about her.

3) Now if you tried being friends, you've tried ignoring her, but she happens to be an as*hole and is trying to ruin your life, then do whatever it takes to fight back.

FRBLDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

Aaendi wrote:
I want to explain a little bit more. I don't know what kind of friendzone the OP is in but here's what to do if you're in the friend zone:

Step 1) Try to be friends. Hang out. Go see a movie together or go bowling. Try not to show any romantic interest in her. If you are so attracted to her that you cannot stand it, then I don't know what to tell you. If you want to be on the safe side, it's good if she is your friend.

2) If you've tried being friends with her, and she doesn't respond, it's time to make other friends, or ask out other women, and just forget about her.

3) Now if you tried being friends, you've tried ignoring her, but she happens to be an as*hole and is trying to ruin your life, then do whatever it takes to fight back.

The friendzone doesn't exist. And you can't use FORCE to try and get people to be your friends.

I wanted to leave this alone, but YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

"Fight back?" Who the hell do you think are, a superhero or something?

How exactly are women ruining your life? Seems to me all you do just whine about how much you hate them, and guess what? THAT'S MISOGYNY.

Why don't you stop arguing semantics and making excuses and just admit you have awkward social skills.

You might have a girlfriend where I don't, but I DON'T CARE.

There's more to life than getting attention from every female ever.

But apparently you think otherwise.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 6:38 pm

The friend zone is where a woman puts you when she's too passive aggressive to tell you she isn't attracted to you.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:11 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
The friend zone is where a woman puts you when she's too passive aggressive to tell you she isn't attracted to you.

Or she is the sort of woman who doesn't enjoy hurting people's feelings, and knows that having to tell someone "I'm not attracted to you" is likely to hurt their feelings and is putting off or trying to avoid altogether having to say that because hurting people (even unintentionally) sucks. Or she's afraid you're the sort of guy who will react badly and will hurt her if she rejects you directly. Or both of the above. There's more than one reason why a woman might not be willing to tell a guy outright that she's not interested in him romantically.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:12 pm

FRBLDragon wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

The friendzone doesn't exist. And you can't use FORCE to try and get people to be your friends.

I wanted to leave this alone, but YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

"Fight back?" Who the hell do you think are, a superhero or something?

How exactly are women ruining your life? Seems to me all you do just whine about how much you hate them, and guess what? THAT'S MISOGYNY.

Why don't you stop arguing semantics and making excuses and just admit you have awkward social skills.

You might have a girlfriend where I don't, but I DON'T CARE.

There's more to life than getting attention from every female ever.

But apparently you think otherwise.

I don't know this guy or what's going on between you two, but his post was not bad. And I don't see the part where he said that people should be forced to be his friends, he even said that if they don't want to be your friends you should just go look for someone else. The only thing a bit weird was the fighting back thing, but maybe he means that she talks bad behind his back or something, no idea. He should tell us what he means.

Another thing, we are all happy for you that you don't care about being single and a virgin at 24, honestly, but you should not lecture others like they're vain for feeling bad for such things. In a similar condition, I think that it would not be strange.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:16 pm

Okay, how is not telling them and having them have false hope better? Also, he they are that worried about getting hurt if they don't tell the guy odds are he'll get aggressive anyway one way or the other. It could happen from her ignoring him, or continuing to tell him she's "busy". Hey here's a great idea, lets have a guy have false hope and just start to talk to them less and less so they waste their time. It's stupid, very, very stupid.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:21 pm

wilburforce wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

Or she is the sort of woman who doesn't enjoy hurting people's feelings, and knows that having to tell someone "I'm not attracted to you" is likely to hurt their feelings and is putting off or trying to avoid altogether having to say that because hurting people (even unintentionally) sucks. Or she's afraid you're the sort of guy who will react badly and will hurt her if she rejects you directly. Or both of the above. There's more than one reason why a woman might not be willing to tell a guy outright that she's not interested in him romantically.

Well idk, if the guy is a douche he will react badly anyway I think, maybe even more because he knows you are making excuses. Also a good number of times they know they guy well enough and they know he wouldn't hurt them.

Let's just be honest and admit that humans as a whole (yes, men too) often tend to take the easy way out of situations without caring about other people's feelings be it friends, someone you just know, a spouse or whatever.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:25 pm

I had one woman in my whole life straight up tell me she found someone else. You know what, I respected her for telling me. I met her on a dating site and she was big into fitness. Surprise a woman into fitness is more assertive. Anyway, I wasn't even upset because her and I didn't have much in common outside of fitness.