Page 5 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:44 pm

Moderating

At the OPs request, I removed pages and pages of personal attacks and off topic fights. Please continue to use this thread to discuss Ecomatt91s questions.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 5:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If the OP is still reading this, the surest way he can improve his social skills is through practice. More time spent around other people leads to better social skills, which leads to the reality of him having a girlfriend.

I don't have issues with my social skills. I am socially active person. I attend meetings, Meetup.com events like board games fun night last night. I have been doing this for two years. I go to Greens meetings and their events as well.

What I am seeing that NTs especially from the Greens group, albeit younger people doesn't have social confidence skills when engaging with someone very different among their peers. It not asking me to improve my social skills. I can't change myself for them. Remember that. I tried to engage with different people who are NTs like NTs engages with Aspies and disabled people who are different to them. Get my picture?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 12:46 am

Is that meetup.com stuff any good? I was thinking of trying it.

What's the Greens group?

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 2:31 am

Its very good! There are so many social options to do because it helps you to avoid places like bars and clubs etc. It very useful to meet like minded people. Its very pleasurable especially in very conservative state and city of Brisbane here in Queensland.

Greens group is political party.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 11:53 pm

How possible I ever get a girlfriend with this attitudes buggering me around from the society. So many young people are so naive and ignorant. I wonder how they going to change their attitudes towards me? How this change would improve my chances of getting a girlfriend?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 3:03 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
How possible I ever get a girlfriend with this attitudes buggering me around from the society. So many young people are so naive and ignorant. I wonder how they going to change their attitudes towards me? How this change would improve my chances of getting a girlfriend?
What do you think is the cause of these attitudes?

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

Us being different and they struggle to understand how to react, respond and engage. It like how to speak to someone who speaks in different language. They discriminate you by not trying hard enough to communicate with you. Its lazy, selfish and presumptive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Us being different and they struggle to understand how to react, respond and engage. It like how to speak to someone who speaks in different language. They discriminate you by not trying hard enough to communicate with you. Its lazy, selfish and presumptive.

Do you try as hard to communicate with and understand other people as you expect them them to try with you?

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:18 pm

Yes, it like trying to understand what they say and what they meant by asking to clarify. Like what this metaphor means? etc. People are being impatient with me and doesn't get along with me. This frets and unsettles me making me angry and frustrated.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 8:49 am

Have you checked if any girls are flirting with you?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 3:29 pm

ya, i hate, resent having to be a dominant take charge guy, and yet us guys are supposed to embrace that, they say it will help us in other areas of our lives not just women, the reason why it bothers me is because it goes to show that life, society, expects too much of men, i got these quotes from somewhere and they make sense:

"Men
either sink or swim, Women pretty much float if that makes sense, Men
either rise to the top or sink to the bottom, meanwhile women sort of
exist happily in the middle"

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 4:19 pm

I don't mind being dominant or not being dominant but I get confused. Some women say they want a guy to take charge and other women say this is sexist and reinforcing outdated gender roles. So which is it?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I don't mind being dominant or not being dominant but I get confused. Some women say they want a guy to take charge and other women say this is sexist and reinforcing outdated gender roles. So which is it?

maybe different women have different opinions? just like how different people have different opinions

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

I actually like making the first move.

What I do not like is having an extremely high rejection rate for what appears to be no sensible reason.

Ideally, you'd think asking out 20 women in appropriate, polite ways when you're feeling your most confident and friendly and looking your best, you'd be able to get at least 1 date.

However, the reality seems asking out 100 women could get you only 1 or no date.

I have seen men give even worse numbers, including many saying they've asked out over 1,000 women across the years and never gotten a yes.

In the wise words of Lisa Simpson in response to her brother Bart saying "I thought you came here looking for a challenge?"

"Duh...a challenge I could do."

dtoxic2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2017, 8:40 pm

I'm 3 for 400.
Details are in the "there is not someone for everyone" thread, just posted at length there.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 3:04 am

Outrider wrote:
What I do not like is having an extremely high rejection rate for what appears to be no sensible reason.

It's not hard to get dates, but you have to be realistic and ask the right people. Are you sure those girls were right for you?