Page 4 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:53 am

Relationships require care and long term maintenance to keep them alive and healthy.
It's not like a Skyrim marriage.

Also if you tried to be a certain person in order to get a relationship, then revert back to something else after it's official, it will inevitably fail. Again, they're not like video games (think Mass Effect where you have multiple choice options for dialogue).

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:00 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Relationships require care and long term maintenance to keep them alive and healthy.
It's not like a Skyrim marriage.

Also if you tried to be a certain person in order to get a relationship, then revert back to something else after it's official, it will inevitably fail. Again, they're not like video games (think Mass Effect where you have multiple choice options for dialogue).

That is an extremely good point!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

Alliekit is somebody who would make a very worthy wife. She knows what "love" is.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Alliekit is somebody who would make a very worthy wife. She knows what "love" is.

I dunno kraftie I'm not very conventional :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

That's why you'd make a very worthy wife---because you're nice and not conventional.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:39 pm

:nerdy:

TheSpectrum wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 2:15 am

Wow this thread gone way off topic. I haven't been on much these days I have moved into new apartment been busy with independent life. Back to work. Back seeing my friends after the holidays. Visitors and that.

I can see a lot of people here making assumptions of who I am. I do not have anxiety issues of who I am. I don't have body image issues. I am athletic built body because of my past sporting and physical fitness. I am still doing this today. I am well looked after human being. I always clean, brush my teeth, shower everyday, put body spray on before going out, clean the apartment to spotless and that. I am a neat freak.

I had a lap swim with my best female friend yesterday. It went well.

I overcame challenges, and now it people who I meet still have these challenges against me like making silly nonsense, assumptions and poorly understood remarks.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:42 am

Hexen wrote:
Wrongplanet logic: "a lot of people are just too lazy to loose weight." "OMG, you fat-shaming troll!"

A bit more sensitivity, open-mindedness and less judgmentalism at this stage of the thread would be appreciated. It it degenerates into slurs aimed at particular groups of members and name-calling then it will be locked and some warnings could result. Play nice! Peace.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 7:06 pm

Just say "no" and make your life a lot easier!

Have we really diverted from the reality of getting a girlfriend to the liberties taken with on-the-shelf produce?

A positive note: If you find the person you truly click with, the reality is much nicer than the thread would have you believe, however I stick to my point that care and maintenance are essential.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

Back to the OP, if I may.

You may need to compromise. If you are unemployed and want to travel, women in their mid 20s typically don't have money. Which is why they will hook up with older men who do, even though those men don't have the energy that they do. But there are older men who have the money to pay for both. Maybe even enough to stay in nice hotels. If young women at their peak of attractiveness has to compromise, what are the chances of an Aspie getting exactly what he wants?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:35 am

BTDT wrote:
Back to the OP, if I may.

You may need to compromise. If you are unemployed and want to travel, women in their mid 20s typically don't have money. Which is why they will hook up with older men who do, even though those men don't have the energy that they do. But there are older men who have the money to pay for both. Maybe even enough to stay in nice hotels. If young women at their peak of attractiveness has to compromise, what are the chances of an Aspie getting exactly what he wants?

Quoting this to bring it back to topic.
Come on, guys.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:46 am

If the OP is still reading this, the surest way he can improve his social skills is through practice. More time spent around other people leads to better social skills, which leads to the reality of him having a girlfriend.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:14 am

I think the reality of getting a partner is to understand that you cannot dictate what others do and no matter how unfair it is it is difficult to change lifetimes of thinking.

Also that not everyone is the same. Not all 21 year olds are party girls who are unintelligent. Likewise not all 40 year old men are knowlegeble or have money.

When you look at people and instantly think "this persons in their early 20s so I'm not sure" you are actually minimizing you opportunities and "shooting yourself in the foot"

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:58 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Where are the mods on this forum? Why my thread gone way off topic wasted 4-5 pages talking about fitness and obesity.

This is love and dating forum and the topic is 'reality of getting a gf'. Go back and read the last post of being on topic. I am hearing your answers/responses but I am wasting my time reading thousands of untopical posts.

Moderating

It works like this. Mods don't read most threads, so they don't see a lot of stuff unless someone reports it. This thread has now been reported and clearly contains a slew of personal attacks.

It will take some work to fix it, and I don't have time for that at this hour, so I am locking the thread and will later go through later and remove the attacks and off topic stuff.

Sorry this happened to your thread, it would be great if people would attack each others ideas and not each other.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:44 pm

Moderating

At the OPs request, I removed pages and pages of personal attacks and off topic fights. Please continue to use this thread to discuss Ecomatt91s questions.