Red flags in dating? Early stages

Page 13 of 15 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:44 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When she asks "How much is your salary? / How much you make?" (I have been asked this literally on a first date, twice).
I usually end up mentioning that on the first date anyway.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When she is like "If you don't/do do that, then no sex for you this week" = This would warrant an immediate break up for me, in other term she views sex as a reward/punishment/blackmailing tool for a wanted action instead of something she equally desires to do it with her man. Disgusting.
When I was dating a slightly nympho girl I tried to use sex as an incentive. It didn't work when she correctly worked out that I would have given her sex anyway.

After she dumped me I was able to use her horniness as a way to get her back. I basically said "No sex for you unless we resume our relationship". It worked. For about a week. Then she dumped me again. Then she stopped talking to me because she thought I might try the same trick again.
You mention how much you make to a first date? What do they say? (Is it wrong of me to ask how much that is since you're so free nilly with the information?) And do they tell you how much they make? And how much do they say?
I mention that I make $55,000 per year and they respond positively. Then they proceed to tell me how much they make without further prompting. My last GF told me she made $30,000 per year.

How do you even approach a subject like that? Usually a person just says what they do for a living and they leave it at that. Next thing they will want to see is your taxes! What is wrong with people?!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:51 am

I've never had a woman ask my salary.

Most of the women I know would think this is a great invasion of privacy.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I think it's a totally inappropriate question to ask, especially on a first date. It most likely indicates that she doesn't have the best intentions.

I'd never ask a guy this. I also wouldn't want him to tell me his salary so early on. It would be so awkward.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 12 Jan 2017, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think it's a totally inappropriate question to ask, especially on a first date. It most likely indicates that she doesn't have the best intentions.

I'd never ask a guy this. I also wouldn't want him to tell me his salary so early on. It would be awkward.

I know what you mean it seems rude to ask about anyone salary.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:19 am

Red flags:

Calls you weak because you asked for advice

Accuses you of being passive and unmotivated because you decided to wait and see what her short terms plans before you decided your next course of action

Accuses people of being manipulators if they question her views on relationships, despite the views being completely detached from reality.

Says they will never disappear without a reason, but does exactly that.

Abruptly goes from being very open to being very secretive.

Can't guarantee they won't cheat if things are not 100% their way all the time in a relationship, yet expects you to be completely unaffected if they actually do cheat.

Doesn't allow you opportunity to improve yourself, and if you do improve yourself, accuses you of trying to intentionally deceive them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm

This post had red flags all over:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/ ... ith_my_bf/

Not respecting you and listening so she is late all the time and he keeps on doing it no matter what she tells him and it's affecting her life like her grades and her family life

Wanting her to be around him all the time (controlling)

Gets upset when she tries to talk about her issue they are having

Also the fact she is afraid her boyfriend will think she doesn't enjoy his company and not willing to make sacrifices for him

The hypocrisy. (He feels bad for making her late but yet still does it again and again)

Just because someone is "fun" and "passionate" doesn't mean they're compatible.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:52 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When she asks "How much is your salary? / How much you make?" (I have been asked this literally on a first date, twice).
I usually end up mentioning that on the first date anyway.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When she is like "If you don't/do do that, then no sex for you this week" = This would warrant an immediate break up for me, in other term she views sex as a reward/punishment/blackmailing tool for a wanted action instead of something she equally desires to do it with her man. Disgusting.
When I was dating a slightly nympho girl I tried to use sex as an incentive. It didn't work when she correctly worked out that I would have given her sex anyway.

After she dumped me I was able to use her horniness as a way to get her back. I basically said "No sex for you unless we resume our relationship". It worked. For about a week. Then she dumped me again. Then she stopped talking to me because she thought I might try the same trick again.

I wouldn't date the female version of you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:13 pm

and oh, I forgot to mention here this one Jupiteriously gigantic red flag: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=334459

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:32 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'd never ask a guy this. I also wouldn't want him to tell me his salary so early on. It would be awkward.

Oh, but it didn't stop only here.

I was really young back then and in both times I naively answered my real salary instead of pouring the juice over her head like what I would do now.
One of them was like "Oh, but at your age you should earn more" --> And she was an unemployed university student back then who was dropping and failing a lot of classes too.

Then a couple years later, there was this other one and she was like "Only that much?? Even I make slightly more than you" Despite my salary was above the national average.

Another red flag too: Women palying "Manhood" tests on the guy.

There was a someone I dated years ago, a beautiful blue-eyed blonde and sexually nympho (I swear, she was used to orgasm even on phone - her sister caught her several times).

Anyway, on the few dates we went together, even on the ones when I invited her (and I tried so hard to to make it my treat) but she insisted excessively to split the bill every time, by pulling her purse and putting the money on the table.

Days later, while we were chatting she mentioned that she was about a certain topic with her female friends (she probably made this up) and they were tell her that the guy who split the bill is usually a cheapskate, and she was saying that she somehow agrees with them. :|
And here she triggered the quarrel in me. :ninja:

Then she tried to justify it, and tried to convince me that she wasn't referring to me in particular- but my trust in her behaviors died....and things went downhill from there.

I call these "Manhood" tests, it's something some women do in the dating world to test how much the guy is "typically" a man how far he would be treating her like a princess. This one for instance was trying to test my reaction on her insistence to split the bill and she was probably expecting me to react like putting her money back to her purse forcefully and be like "Me Man, me pay - rawwwr"

She got engaged recently. I don't envy this miserable fool.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Oh, but it didn't stop only here.

I was really young back then and in both times I naively answered my real salary instead of pouring the juice over her head like what I would do now.
One of them was like "Oh, but at your age you should earn more" --> And she was an unemployed university student back then who was dropping and failing a lot of classes too.

Then a couple years later, there was this other one and she was like "Only that much?? Even I make slightly more than you" Despite my salary was above the national average.

Another red flag too: Women palying "Manhood" tests on the guy.

There was a someone I dated years ago, a beautiful blue-eyed blonde and sexually nympho (I swear, she was used to orgasm even on phone - her sister caught her several times).

Anyway, on the few dates we went together, even on the ones when I invited her (and I tried so hard to to make it my treat) but she insisted excessively to split the bill every time, by pulling her purse and putting the money on the table.

Days later, while we were chatting she mentioned that she was about a certain topic with her female friends (she probably made this up) and they were tell her that the guy who split the bill is usually a cheapskate, and she was saying that she somehow agrees with them. :|
And here she triggered the quarrel in me. :ninja:

Then she tried to justify it, and tried to convince me that she wasn't referring to me in particular- but my trust in her behaviors died....and things went downhill from there.

I call these "Manhood" tests, it's something some women do in the dating world to test how much the guy is "typically" a man how far he would be treating her like a princess. This one for instance was trying to test my reaction on her insistence to split the bill and she was probably expecting me to react like putting her money back to her purse forcefully and be like "Me Man, me pay - rawwwr"

She got engaged recently. I don't envy this miserable fool.

That's just pure rudeness in my opinion.

Although I am guilty of letting my fiance treat me but only when he offers. It is kinda of fustrating sometimes when we have agreed to split the bill and he nabs it of me :x

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

I have an amazing idea for a thread!

It is "What red flags you see in the opposite-sex member above you" (or same-sex for homosexuals).

Oh....the drama!! !

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It is "What red flags you see in the opposite-sex member above you" (or same-sex for homosexuals).

Oh....the drama!! !

Was this because of what I said?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh....the drama!! !

Not really, but since you mention it, I think I can see some few red flags in you. :skull:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh....the drama!! !

Not really, but since you mention it, I think I can see some few red flags in you. :skull:

Good ;)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh....the drama!! !

Now that's just cruel. :mrgreen: :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 5:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh....the drama!! !

I think it can be about anyone. Homosexual, bisexual, asexual, whoever is dating.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.