Asking a girl to Dance. How soon?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

There's a girl I really like(like, I feel in love with her)in my Culinary class that started just 4 days prior to posting this. That said, I want to wait for the right time to ask her out to the WPA dance that's in the last weekend of February. Yes, I know it'd be easy to judge me because it's obviously a tradition for the girl to ask the guy, but I know that there's no way on earth that I'll ever get asked. So considering that we barley know each other outside of being in a cooking lab once and saying hi to each other a few times(me saying hi first), how long should it be before I ask her out? Thanks for any answers.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm

You don't really lose anything by trying to ask her even now, but I'd advise you to wait until you know her a bit better and feel as though she might share your feelings. I can't give you an exact timeframe on that, though, as different people develop those feelings at a different pace.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 2:33 pm

If it's the tradition for the girl to ask the guy, I doubt that she'll break the tradition.

Ask her to the movies or something.