starting a relationship then moving.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2017, 7:22 am

this is just a scenario i was thinking off one day. i'll be moving 4 hours away sometime in the summer and i was thinking about if something happened and i met someone and we started dating. would bringing up moving be a deal breaker or would that be a reason for the relationship to continue. do you think if the person really liked me, he would ask me to stay where i am and get a place together or would that be to risky in just case it didn't work out and i would have to move again?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 7:30 am

If you really want to be with someone, there is always a way for things to work out.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 8:18 am

Seems to me you'll have three options: long distance relationship (which I do not recommend), taking him with you (I don't recommend uprooting him unless you're practically on the verge of getting married), or one of you driving four hours at least once a week to see each other (which I also don't recommend). So, in short, I don't recommend it. You'd be better off waiting until after you've moved.

On a side note, this exact thing happened to me. I met a girl who I get the feeling would have dated me, but then I got what I thought was the ultimate job offer in another state so we broke things off and I moved there. I ended up moving back again a few months later, but when I tried to reinitiate contact with her she wouldn't even answer my texts.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Mar 2017, 4:04 am

4 hours isn't that far away. If things got alittle serious one of you could drive to the other & spend the weekend together or something like that. Don't worry about the idea of moving in together till things get very serious. It's a good idea to mention the idea of moving to potential partners early on incase it's a dealbreaker for them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition