Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

This is a big problem that I am so worried about. This fall I'm planning on going to college. But I won't be able to see my girlfriend since she's still in high school for 2 more years. And I'm just leaving and going to college. I'll be far away from her and still have feelings for her. But then at college I fall for another girl and start dating her and stuff. But I still have feelings for my girlfriend in high school still. I am so worried something like that is going too happen. And I won't be able to see my girl in high school still while in college. Is it wrong that I would go with another girl that I see at college far away while I still love my current girlfriend a lot?
(This hasn't happened yet. But worried it will.)

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:26 am

Are you serious or are you just trolling us?

"Is it ok if I go around banging other girls while my gf is away? But hey, I still love her so don't worry!"

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:36 am

Peacesells wrote:

"Is it ok if I go around banging other girls while my gf is away? But hey, I still love her so don't worry!"

Seems like a reasonable question to me. If he can't see his girlfriend anymore, does that still mean he's forbidden to look for others? I wouldn't be sure about that either.

I'm thinking probably not, simply because you still have feelings for her. If you find another girl, though, you could probably tell your current girlfriend that it's not working out because she's too far away.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:11 pm

Grammar Geek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

Seems like a reasonable question to me. If he can't see his girlfriend anymore, does that still mean he's forbidden to look for others? I wouldn't be sure about that either.

I'm thinking probably not, simply because you still have feelings for her. If you find another girl, though, you could probably tell your current girlfriend that it's not working out because she's too far away.

No, it is not a reasonable question. If you have a gf you don't sleep around and that's it. And you don't look for others.

Then of course, cheat around if you want. They won't put you in jail for it.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:51 pm

Peacesells wrote:

Serious and why are you asking this?

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

Corny wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

Serious and why are you asking this?

Because the answer to your questions is very obvious.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm

No it wasn't oblivious. That's why I was asking.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

Corny wrote:
No it wasn't oblivious. That's why I was asking.

I said that it's obvious, not oblivious...

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:15 pm

You know we have Asperger's, right Peacesells? What's obvious to a lot of people isn't obvious to some of us.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm

And we assume you have it too. Right?

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

Grammar Geek wrote:
You know we have Asperger's, right Peacesells? What's obvious to a lot of people isn't obvious to some of us.

Aspergians are not uncapable of playing dumb. I think he knows the answer to his question, but doesn't like it. At least I think I think it's more likely than he really having no clue about it.

But ok, for anyone who has no clue about it, sleeping around while you have a girlfriend is usually not considered a good thing.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Grammar Geek wrote:

Aspergians are not uncapable of playing dumb. I think he knows the answer to his question, but doesn't like it. At least I think I think it's more likely than he really having no clue about it.

But ok, for anyone who has no clue about it, sleeping around while you have a girlfriend is usually not considered a good thing.

But I won't be able to see her while I'm in college but still like her. But even if right now I can't see her out of school. Because of how freaking strict her parents are.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

Maybe you should break it off before you go to college than. Let her know its been fun but you aren't sure you're really going to stick with her...since you might meet more girls in college. I mean if you're that concerned you'd meet another girl and start dating while still having a girlfriend it tells me you don't really love or have that great of bond with your current girlfriend.

Even if you are really attached to her long distance relationships can be hard, its possible she may drift away from you to and find herself interested in other guys. Still probably best to break it off before either you or her gets with someone else so its not cheating.

I mean is there any reason if another girl expressed interest you couldn't turn them down and tell them you already have a girlfriend? Otherwise you could try not going to college so far away, maybe try a more local community college or somewhere you could still be able to visit your girlfriend, if you really do want to try and continue the relationship.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:43 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Grammar Geek wrote:

Based on their response I think they have made it pretty clear they aren't 'playing dumb' and are actually asking advice on this....and now you're just being rude and antagonizing to them.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe you should break it off before you go to college than. Let her know its been fun but you aren't sure you're really going to stick with her...since you might meet more girls in college. I mean if you're that concerned you'd meet another girl and start dating while still having a girlfriend it tells me you don't really love or have that great of bond with your current girlfriend.

Even if you are really attached to her long distance relationships can be hard, its possible she may drift away from you to and find herself interested in other guys. Still probably best to break it off before either you or her gets with someone else so its not cheating.

I mean is there any reason if another girl expressed interest you couldn't turn them down and tell them you already have a girlfriend? Otherwise you could try not going to college so far away, maybe try a more local community college or somewhere you could still be able to visit your girlfriend, if you really do want to try and continue the relationship.

I am really close to her and love her. But I only see her during school time. But I tried before to plan things out of school and her parents say no. They are really strict. Like now they won't let her go to prom with me. So now I'm not going to prom because she can't. And I tried to get her to come to a thing my grandma's friend was doing where she had a family/friend bonfire. And my girlfriends's parents wouldn't let her go because they didn't know days earlier. And we didn't know about it either till round when they did. Which the night before it.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

As someone in a long distance long distance relationship when you love the person enough you don't even thing about or consider meeting and dating someone else. If you are already thinking about meeting someone else before even going to college then I dont see the relationship ending well.