Do you guys know what this means

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

saltlife97
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2017, 7:44 pm

there's this girl i kinda like in class so last monday I  was staring into space & i was staring at the trash can & i see the girl i liked looking at me later I was staring at the wall & when i look over she was Leaning her Head Against her Hand While looking at me & smiling. Then on Wednesday  i heard her saying ” i don’t know why he looks at me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

you already posted this months ago.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:59 am

Maybe she was thinking "the f**k is he always staring at???", or maybe she likes you. But don't get overly enthusiastic now, it might very well be the first option I said or some other reason too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:05 am

” i don’t know why he looks at me" --> If she really liked you then she wouldn't have said that to her friends.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
” i don’t know why he looks at me" --> If she really liked you then she wouldn't have said that to her friends.

Without context, it could mean anything. It could easily be a low self-esteem thing "why would he look at me, I'm ugly" for all we know.

Of course, I would always assume it's a sign that you're creeping her out just to be on the safe side. Staring at people is a big no-no.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:37 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Of course, I would always assume it's a sign that you're creeping her out just to be on the safe side. Staring at people is a big no-no.

No, it's a big yes-yes. When you know how to do it properly. It's all about timing. NT timing, because you don't want to creep NTs out.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 6:00 am

rdos wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

No, it's a big yes-yes. When you know how to do it properly. It's all about timing. NT timing, because you don't want to creep NTs out.

Doesn't matter how you time it if somebody isn't attracted to you. It'll always end up creepy if you are persistent with it and the other party isn't interested.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 6:04 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
rdos wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Doesn't matter how you time it if somebody isn't attracted to you. It'll always end up creepy if you are persistent with it and the other party isn't interested.

If the other party isn't interested, you stop and move on to somebody else. Eye contact is the best way to judge interest. That's why it is a good first move.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Mar 2017, 7:31 pm

She thought you were staring at her & she got weirded out by it. It's not that uncommon for us Aspies to look like we're staring when we're not. I was accused of staring in school when I was just daydreaming & had my head in their direction even thou my eyes were looking down or at something else.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 1:30 am

nick007 wrote:
She thought you were staring at her & she got weirded out by it. It's not that uncommon for us Aspies to look like we're staring when we're not. I was accused of staring in school when I was just daydreaming & had my head in their direction even thou my eyes were looking down or at something else.

Yes, and it is this reaction from NTs you have to work on so you can use it to detect interest in NDs. Not only that, NTs also require eye contact in conversations. So you train not to creep them out by not looking too much at girls outside of conversations to be able to detect interested NDs and to look appropriately at NTs you talk to.