Page 1 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 5:06 pm

Why is a short man frowned upon so much in society? Tall women or even thick built girls are not frowned upon as much as short men are. So why is being short if your male so 'wrong'.

At 5ft7 I had people treat me badly because of my height :x

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:59 am

Jamesy wrote:
Why is a short man frowned upon so much in society? Tall women or even thick built girls are not frowned upon as much as short men are. So why is being short if your male so 'wrong'.

At 5ft7 I had people treat me badly because of my height :x

If someone treats you poorly because you are short, then they probably lack some moral basis in life, and only treat people well out of fear or desire to obtain something.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:38 am

I'm 6'3" and I do not have a girlfriend. Napoleon led an army, and he was short.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:44 am

^ not a great deal shorter than the average frenchman of the time...

he also lost. :lol:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 3:12 am

5'7 doesn't seem short for a guy to me. Of course, I am under 5'4! Coincidentally, 5'7 is the minimum height I put down for a match on dating/marriage sites. I would rather have a guy who is too tall for me than a guy who is too short for me! So nobody under 5'7 or so. Otherwise, it feels weird to me. Sometimes, I am drawn to good-looking guy who are above average height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:18 am

^ So as someone barely 5'4 I am not a match for you, this is the first thing then you should have asked before asking me about religion :lol:.

....I wonder why they are all clones like this in the way they think.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 4:21 am

Last summer, I was offended when one of my female acquaintances suggested a guy for me and when I asked her how tall he was, she said that he was about my height. Then I told her that I didn't like short guys. But she responded by saying that I wasn't tall, either. I know but I am about 5'3 with sneakers and I don't have to like a guy who is about my height. It's very irritating. I was quite annoyed by my acquaintance's suggestion.

My ideal guy has to be taller by 6 or more inches but hopefully not more than 10 inches. That could be annoying, too.

Actually, I saw a guy I liked last summer who was perfectly height proportionate to me. I was sitting down and when I looked up, I caught eyes with a perfect looking Teddy Bear of medium size. Obviously, he must have been checking me out....Alas, I was too shy and looked away. Then I tried to find him but he ran upstairs. Later he came back downstairs and went to the book and gift store. I sent in an acquaintance to ask him if he was single but he disappeared before she had a chance to talk to him. I wish I had had the courage to talk to him myself. I plan to go back to the same place so maybe we will meet again. :heart:

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 4:31 am

I also find guys with women taller than they are annoying. I think it's only natural for females to want guys who are several inches taller than they are just like it is natural for guys to want females who are shorter than they are. Of course, there are many guys who are above average height or tall who want females who are also taller. They don't like short females.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:07 am

^ And why it's offensive for you if one suggest to you a guy of your height, are we that inferior for you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:41 am

Us Shrimps have to stick together!! !

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:50 am

^ as fried or grilled?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:53 am

Curried....

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:09 am

Chronos wrote:
If someone treats you poorly because you are short, then they probably lack some moral basis in life, and only treat people well out of fear or desire to obtain something.

It's perfectly fine to reject a person based on their height.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:10 am

Yeah...I know that....

But it's still disconcerting when you are rejected.

Fortunately, people grow up, mature, and realize that when two people kiss in bed, they are the same height :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Fortunately, people grow up, mature, and realize that when two people kiss in bed, they are the same height :wink:

This is a lie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

Nope...it's pretty much true. I'm talking about kissing. It feels to me like we're the same height. Unless somebody's head is much bigger or smaller than yours.

Even in making love, height doesn't matter. People adjust.

Women tend to have longer legs than men. A 5 foot 5 woman might have longer legs than a 6 foot man.