Page 2 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Is Creativesoul a troll or what? I can't believe someone that dense exists. Oh wait, I do!

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

Peacesells wrote:
Is Creativesoul a troll or what? I can't believe someone that dense exists. Oh wait, I do!

At first I thought she's a troll too, but then I remember that I personally know a similar woman.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:59 am

I don't think she's a troll, plenty like her think the same.

Some women told me in my face that I am too short and how much they hate that. My last date mentioned it four times in one hour- and she even stood next to me to compare, like the growing kids, she's 36!

I never criticized some physical flaw in a date ever, but that courtesy and consideration are almost never mutual.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 11:20 am

314pe wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

At first I thought she's a troll too, but then I remember that I personally know a similar woman.

Her post reminded me of this:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So you weigh 172, but a woman who weighs 175 is way too fat for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide women are un-datable if they weight even two more pounds than you.

Of course in this case, for some weeeeird reason, none replied like "So you are less than 5'4, but a man who is 5'6 is way too short for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide men are un-datable if they aren't at least two more inches than you.".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 11:40 am

Sweatleaf will defend her of course.
:ninja: :lol:

The thing is, I am not puzzled why she wants taller men, I am puzzled why she finds it *offensive* when her friends suggested a guy of her height.

As if her friend insulted her self worth by that.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm

I have to say I've never come across this problem. Guys shorter than me just seem put off by my height.

I wouldn't actively seek a guy shorter than me simply because i like tucking underneath my fiances arm while we are walking. But then again I wouldn't dismiss a short guy, I'd give him a chance. My problem is that I don't wanna feel like a giant.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

Shrimps can be good in the sack, too :D

When I was younger, there were women who were put off by my height.

But once I hit my 30's, this phenomenon became less of a problem.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

As a 5ft7 guy myself, I am not always concerned about it, but this post triggers me.

Why don't men even dare to start a revolution? We are too afraid. I think women are superior to men, or they at least think they are. Hm, I wonder if those who were opposed to women's rights were proven right in some ways.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:25 pm

Taller women doesn't stop me from approaching and talking to and even hugging them... ;)
I actually get excited by it and love it how they are willing to turn their affectionate attention my way ! =D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm

Peacesells wrote:
314pe wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

Her post reminded me of this:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So you weigh 172, but a woman who weighs 175 is way too fat for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide women are un-datable if they weight even two more pounds than you.

Of course in this case, for some weeeeird reason, none replied like "So you are less than 5'4, but a man who is 5'6 is way too short for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide men are un-datable if they aren't at least two more inches than you.".

Where did I say a guy who is 5' 6" would be way too short for me? :roll:

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2017, 8:06 pm

Well DUH, I have Asperger's... therefore I'm "defective" and therefore unloveable despite being a borderline giant.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:29 pm

The OP didn't say anything about getting a girlfriend in his original post. He just mentioned that people treat him poorly because of it and wanted to know why it was so wrong to be a short man.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:10 am

My father is significantly shorter than my mother. If I were to get my choice, a potential partner would be my height. But I don't often see women around my height, and it's not a really big deal anyway.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:20 am

5 foot 7 is not enormously short.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:59 am

Alliekit wrote:
I have to say I've never come across this problem. Guys shorter than me just seem put off by my height.

I wouldn't actively seek a guy shorter than me simply because i like tucking underneath my fiances arm while we are walking. But then again I wouldn't dismiss a short guy, I'd give him a chance. My problem is that I don't wanna feel like a giant.

They are put off by your height because you obviously aren't attracted to them - as you mentioned just right in your second paragraph. Karma effect. And we men also can sense 'attitudes'.

I for example, don't care if a woman is taller than me, but since apparently 99% of your gender do care, and obsessively too, so I am kinda forced not to actively seek for someone taller.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I for example, don't care if a woman is taller than me, but since apparently 99% of your gender do care, and obsessively too, so I am kinda forced not to actively seek for someone taller.

I don't care either, but all my successful dates just happened to be with shorter girls (i.e. tall girls always turned me down).