Why do you think a relationship will make you happy?

Page 4 of 27 [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2017, 7:14 am

^ You misunderstood what edgelord means. So calm down there edgy.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:24 am

I keep looking at this question and the answer every time is "I don't think this at all" and so I have nothing to add to it.
It's a bit of a loaded question.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:59 am

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
^ You misunderstood what edgelord means. So calm down there edgy.
Lol your probably right. Just googled it and holy crap!

sorry.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:36 am

Outrider wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:
Being in a relationship has made me happier. Then again, I'm also not straight lmao. Having a supportive presence in your life, someone you sleep beside and go experience new things with and who you can talk to about your dreams and fears and all that is nice. I always thought friends were more important, but now that I'm aware I'm a lesbian and dating a woman I realize they're pretty equally important and a good relationship provides you with things a friendship does not. Namely romantic and sexual intimacy.

A relationship won't fix your problems and if it's bad it won't make you happy but it can definitely make you happIER.

Glad its made you happier.

Straight, lesbian, asexual or other, nearly everyone needs somebody to love for wellbeing an healthy living.

People who've never struggled with isolation are often very keen to preach otherwise.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:14 am

I always believe that as relationship will make me happy except for the times I'm in one.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:04 am

I always feel so much Happier when I've got someone special in my life.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 1:56 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I always believe that as relationship will make me happy except for the times I'm in one.

This is exactly how I feel, or used to feel, because now I am too aware of it.
We humans are great at making assumptions about what will make us happy, but in end, in alot of cases, we're wrong.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

hurtloam wrote:

I thought you had not been in a relationship? Or am I mistaking you for someone else... :|

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 2:12 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I thought you had not been in a relationship? Or am I mistaking you for someone else... :|

I haven't. But the special person just being around is enough to make me feel happier. When they're gone I crumple.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 4:56 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I haven't. But the special person just being around is enough to make me feel happier. When they're gone I crumple.

Are you sure he doesn't like you? Are you sure he wouldn't be open to considering a relationship with you if you broached the topic?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 5:07 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Are you sure he doesn't like you? Are you sure he wouldn't be open to considering a relationship with you if you broached the topic?

I'm about 99% certain. Even if we had a spark We aren't compatible. I figured out his special interest and I don't think he could want someone like me. Im just not political.

He hasn't messaged me at all since last time I saw him either.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 5:35 pm

hurtloam wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I'm about 99% certain. Even if we had a spark We aren't compatible. I figured out his special interest and I don't think he could want someone like me. Im just not political.

He hasn't messaged me at all since last time I saw him either.

That's so sad :cry: :cry:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 7:27 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Outrider wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:
Being in a relationship has made me happier. Then again, I'm also not straight lmao. Having a supportive presence in your life, someone you sleep beside and go experience new things with and who you can talk to about your dreams and fears and all that is nice. I always thought friends were more important, but now that I'm aware I'm a lesbian and dating a woman I realize they're pretty equally important and a good relationship provides you with things a friendship does not. Namely romantic and sexual intimacy.

A relationship won't fix your problems and if it's bad it won't make you happy but it can definitely make you happIER.

Glad its made you happier.

Straight, lesbian, asexual or other, nearly everyone needs somebody to love for wellbeing an healthy living.

People who've never struggled with isolation are often very keen to preach otherwise.

What matters is we know we're right.

Ask 99% of people in our position and theyll agree with us.

I've even seen people with Schizoid personality disorder, which makes it hard for them to to any emotional attachment to other people, still WANT to have friends, but CANT due to their mental illnillness.

Closet Genius, A good looking intelligent bodybuilder who's already had multiple girlfriends at age 23 will never understand.

If he's even an aspie he'd have to be very high functioning.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2017, 3:00 pm

because of how severely awkward that i appear to women & girls (Chubby) regarding my AS,the kind of relationship that i'll ever be happy with is stimming & with a giant-stuffed bear :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 4:03 pm

Are there any girls who find chubby guys cute?

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:49 am

Relationships can impact happiness, but they're not a magical solution to unhappiness. Problems with things like self-esteem or socializing won't just vanish because a good thing has come around. Being told you're loved may not always be enough.

I've let go of the idea of serious relationships for now. I'm getting older, and the more my life is in order the better things will feel I think. A nicer home, more friends, nicer food, more hobbies, good volunteer work, more time to people watch and enjoy nature. These things are all tangible and reliable.

I've had many relationships that made me feel unhappy, unsafe, and unloved. The last boyfriend had friends who would make nasty comments to me and not stop when asked. He admitted he didn't like it but was scared to speak up. His friends called him "pussy-whipped", too, making him scared to side with me.

Do not need these types of people in my life, and am not in the mood lately to gamble on people's true nature.