Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

I contacted a girl on PoF a few days ago and didn't get a response. Then this morning I got what is perhaps the weirdest thing I've ever heard from her. First she says hi and introduces herself and then she asks if I am at home. I told her I was. She told me she worked at a fast food restaurant near me and had forgotten to shower this morning. She wanted to know if I would let her come to my apartment on her lunch break and take a shower. At first I thought she was asking for sex but no she just wanted to come into a complete strangers house and take a shower and then leave. Is this normal? This does not strike me as something normal people aspies or NTs do.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:24 pm

I will tell you something that may sadden you:

On dating sites, the sane girls are the exceptions.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 6:40 pm

She probably wants to snoop around in your medicine cabinet to see if you have anything worth taking.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 7:20 pm

This_Amoeba wrote:
She probably wants to snoop around in your medicine cabinet to see if you have anything worth taking.

She could also be casing his place for security or lack thereof, and what sort of valuables that may or may not be out in the open.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

I always suspect bots, kinda doubt anyone would be as crazy as these guys imply but I guess it's possible.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm

That's just really odd! I hope you didn't say yes!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:27 am

OP, where do keep finding those crazies? 8O This girl sounds even worse than the one from your other thread, whose parents wouldn't let her date. That girl seemed weird but harmless. This one seems downright dangerous. Think about it: she's willing to go to a stranger's home, and be nude there (while showering). That is not normal!! ! In the best case, she's a blithering idiot who's a danger to herself. In the worst case, she's scouting your home for valuables, so she can send her friends to burglarize it later. Tell her "no" and block her, now! This girl could be a danger to you. Not to mention to herself.

Remember: women get 100 messages a day on dating sites. You're not special in her mind. So unless you know for a fact you did something to wow this girl, take any attention from her with a grain of salt.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 8:04 am

Even the most inexperienced of daters should know that's not normal. Block and move on quickly.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

I guess I would be leery of such a person; who knows who might accompany her to your apartment.

It could be legit....though I wouldn't bank on it, and take the risk, unless I was DESPERATE.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:13 am

One option (if you're upto the work of arranging it):

You could agree to let her do it.

And then give her a false address of where you live.

And then get a gang of friends (armed with baseball bats) to join you to meet her at the false address you give her.

Then you can see if she shows, and see if she brings a gang of thugs with her to break into and ransack your apartment.

Otherwise just ignore it, and drop her.

"She" might not even be a "she".

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:21 am

Aspie1 wrote:
OP, where do keep finding those crazies? 8O This girl sounds even worse than the one from your other thread, whose parents wouldn't let her date. That girl seemed weird but harmless. This one seems downright dangerous. Think about it: she's willing to go to a stranger's home, and be nude there (while showering). That is not normal!! ! In the best case, she's a blithering idiot who's a danger to herself. In the worst case, she's scouting your home for valuables, so she can send her friends to burglarize it later. Tell her "no" and block her, now! This girl could be a danger to you. Not to mention to herself.

Remember: women get 100 messages a day on dating sites. You're not special in her mind. So unless you know for a fact you did something to wow this girl, take any attention from her with a grain of salt.

I have to agree here. This reeks of all kinds of bad.

Also have to agree with--where do you dig these girls up? lol I'm sorry if that comes across as insensitive, but we seriously gotta work on your dating pool!

Live and learn is the best advice I can give on that. I'll just say hang in there and keep at it. It gonna work out. The dating game is mostly separating the sheep from the goats. If monogamy is your goal, you're setting yourself up for a long line of failures and could-have-beens. But...that's how it is for EVERYONE. Broke my heart to leave this young college undergrad I found especially tasty, but playing the long game I could see we weren't the best for each other. It hurts, but in the end it's for the best. Once you end up in a LTR, and really with marriage more than anything, you are basically rejecting everyone who came before and everyone who could potentially come after. Commitments totally change the dynamic. So even though the emotional part of rejection hurts, you really don't want it any other way.

Reason I'm saying that in this thread is even though this weird situation isn't exactly ideal, be prepared for a lot more where that came from. Hang in there and keep at it! You'll make it just fine.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2017, 11:30 am

Don't worry I told her no right off the bat and didn't hear anything from her again.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I will tell you something that may sadden you:

On dating sites, the sane girls are the exceptions.

And women say it's only full of loser trashy men who only want sex.
Neither are true.