Why are women so desperate for men?

Page 2 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 1:13 am

Chronos wrote:
MSBKyle wrote:
From what I have seen, women want a man more than anything else. Many women I have seen can't stand being alone. I have never dated, but I do know women who are like this. I know of a man who is on a dating site and the first thing a woman asks him is when he plans to get married. He tells them right away that he has no intentions of getting married. Most men today don't want to get married or have kids. It is women who want marriage and kids and most men don't want to commit. All a man wants is sex and then he is done with the woman. That is wrong too. A lot of men want their space and women, at least from what I have heard and seen, want a man by their side 24/7 or most of the time. Men and women are two totally different people. I think this is why many marriages and relationships don't last. Men and women are complete opposites and desire different things. Sometimes I think that people are better off alone. All men want is sex and women want a man to commit. Relationships seem complicating. Men and women need to learn to be happy with themselves and not be so clingy to one another. Men need to stop focusing on just the sex and women need to give men their space.

Well now you know what you have seen isn't the entire situation. So being you see women who are clingy, and I see men who are clingy, and you see men who only want sex, and women who only want marriage, and I see men who want marriage and kids, and women who only want sex, perhaps the logical conclusion would be that some humans, both male and female, are clingy, some humans, both male and female, are not clingy. Some humans, both male and female, only want sex, and some humans, both male and female, want marriage and kids.

I sure wish I could find a clingy woman. Though i dont know if I'm really clingy. I've never had a relationship so I've never been past the super into them phase where you want to be around each other a lot. I did spend a week with one lady and I started to my my own free time. Not really space, I wouldn't mind a girl being in the same room. But as much as I love to cuddle, doing it every minute of non work time is too much.mind you I wasn't working that week so we actually spent like every minute from waking up to sleep together. I didn't get to check my forums or play video games at all. Is desiring my own time for hobbies distant? I do get attached to people. Is wanting to text through out the day or atleast every night clingy? Though I suppose if I lived with a girl that would be enough, perhaps a text at lunch to sayi love you and check how her day is? I think perhaps me actually wanting to hr about her day is clingy. I guess most men don't actually care to hear their Gfs day went. I'm odd it seems. I don't like the idea of going days or weeks without contact. So I'm clingy, but I like my own time for hobbies so I'm distant. Makes me anxious if I ever get a relationship do I be more distant or clingy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 2:06 am

Outrider wrote:
In my experience its the opposite, many men desperately desire love and sex, while many women act like they don't care about men at all and could easily do without them.

That's in my observation too.

But I do hear/see a lot of complains, in life, in social media, and dating profiles about how tired they are to find "good quality" men.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 3:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Outrider wrote:
In my experience its the opposite, many men desperately desire love and sex, while many women act like they don't care about men at all and could easily do without them.

That's in my observation too.

But I do hear/see a lot of complains, in life, in social media, and dating profiles about how tired they are to find "good quality" men.

Yes the "where are all the good/real men" I see that a lot to. Even had female coworkers ask me once , what a slap in the face.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 5:43 am

Its funny how everyone replying to the OP, even the women here, all agree its the opposite and men tend to be more depressed about being single than women.

And will ya look at that.

Hurtloam, one of the only women on wrongplanet who actually complains she feels lonely and dislikes being single (the other woman being slw1990) admits she so independent men actually think she doesn't want a man in her life when she does.

If there's any advice i have for women, its to try and stop acting so independent and fulfilled.

Contrary to what Feminism tells you, with it's aggressive "I don't need no man!" Attitude, the majority of both men and women deeply desire love and sex and for most people life is very unfulfilling being single, and you're not weak or submissive for actually being attracted to the sex nature wants you to be attracted to (or to be attracted to other women, nothing wrong with that either if that's your thing). You're no less independent, if anything, trying to aft super independent and fulfilled all the time is exhausting and may actually take a weight.off your shoulders.

Don't be ashamed of 'needing' a man, if you 'need' one let the world know, cause we certainly need you and are less afraid to make it known.

Its ironic men are more likely to act tough and hide their feelings but we're more open about needing love and pleasure.

Many people will claim they're perfectly fine being single, but usually they have good friends, lots of casual sex, and aren't actually single for long enough to experience all The negative affects of it, so they believe a few months of casual hookups is the same thing as having no sex and being single for over 10 years or longer.

For most people. Being in a relationship is the default state, and being single is simply a 'break' from relationships.

Most people are back in a new relationship after a few months of being single.

Hell, some people are so scared of being alone they'll enter a new relationship weeks, days or even HOURS after their last breakup.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:01 am

MSBKyle wrote:
All men want is sex

Wrong. There are men who wish for a relationship for the relationship itself, and sex is secondary. A demographic which I personally proudly represent.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:41 am

Outrider wrote:
Its funny how everyone replying to the OP, even the women here, all agree its the opposite and men tend to be more depressed about being single than women.

Hurtloam, one of the only women on wrongplanet who actually complains she feels lonely and dislikes being single (the other woman being slw1990) admits she so independent men actually think she doesn't want a man in her life when she does.

If there's any advice i have for women, its to try and stop acting so independent and fulfilled.

Contrary to what Feminism tells you, with it's aggressive "I don't need no man!" Attitude, the majority of both men and women deeply desire love and sex and for most people life is very unfulfilling being single, and you're not weak or submissive for actually being attracted to the sex nature wants you to be attracted to (or to be attracted to other women, nothing wrong with that either if that's your thing). You're no less independent, if anything, trying to aft super independent and fulfilled all the time is exhausting and may actually take a weight.off your shoulders.

Don't be ashamed of 'needing' a man, if you 'need' one let the world know, cause we certainly need you and are less afraid to make it known.

Its ironic men are more likely to act tough and hide their feelings but we're more open about needing love and pleasure.

Many people will claim they're perfectly fine being single, but usually they have good friends, lots of casual sex, and aren't actually single for long enough to experience all The negative affects of it, so they believe a few months of casual hookups is the same thing as having no sex and being single for over 10 years or longer.

For most people. Being in a relationship is the default state, and being single is simply a 'break' from relationships.

Hell, some people are so scared of being alone they'll enter a new relationship weeks, days or even HOURS after their last breakup.

[starting the slow clap]

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:50 am

Outrider wrote:

I once went on a date with a woman who broke up a 3 years relationship, when I asked her when that happened (I thought it happened like months ago or so) she said:

"Yesterday" ...in a very calm voice, as if it's nothing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:20 am

I'm not acting though. This is just who I am. I'm just good at doing things on my own. I don't really need any help... Well maybe I do because I'm burned out.

I tiled part of my kitchen the other day. I'm quite chuffed with myself. I'm going to plumb in a new tap when it arrives.

I don't really expect people to want to help. My Dad brought me up to be as good as any boy at things. Sometimes if I wanted help with something he'd encourage me to do it myself because he believed I could. And you know what. He was right.

I've got to say I'm past pretending I don't want someone and I've been quite open about the fact I'm looking. That's not made any difference.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2017, 8:16 am

hurtloam wrote:
I'm not acting though. This is just who I am. I'm just good at doing things on my own. I don't really need any help... Well maybe I do because I'm burned out.

I tiled part of my kitchen the other day. I'm quite chuffed with myself. I'm going to plumb in a new tap when it arrives.

I don't really expect people to want to help. My Dad brought me up to be as good as any boy at things. Sometimes if I wanted help with something he'd encourage me to do it myself because he believed I could. And you know what. He was right.

I've got to say I'm past pretending I don't want someone and I've been quite open about the fact I'm looking. That's not made any difference.

You know you could instantly find someone if you jumped on okcupid and didn't let your ego go wild like a lot of women do.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:38 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

You know you could instantly find someone if you jumped on okcupid and didn't let your ego go wild like a lot of women do.

It requires a lot of energy to keep going on dates. It's mentally and physically draining meeting new people and making small talk. Repeat that over and over a few times. My health is not so good. Can't quite handle that.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:45 am

hurtloam wrote:

Alright, but i think a lot of women other than you may need to learn this still.

I don't necessarily mean you.can't do.anything you put your mind to, just that the love and support of a.partner tends to be a.big.motivator for people to get sh*t done in life, and something they're capable of doing might feel like mountains of effort when they have to do it all alone.because the pain of loneliness is just too great.

I think the whole "a relationship won't.make you happy" and."you.don't need anyone to.make you happy" are common pieces of advice in online dating articles and dating magazines by women, for.women.

Many women.nowadays are focusing on their careers and ambitions and like Sly said have not much time or need for a clingy man.

Honestly, it all just feels so cold and loveless in general nowadays.

I'll stop acting like its only women's fault because men are at fault too just as.much for the single, loveless, marriage less uncommitted society we.now live in.

Statistics show declining birth rates in America, Australia, Europe, the divorce rates remain high, marriage rates are at an all time low, the.number and percentage of single people in Australia and USA are at all time highs.

People work more hours for less compare to the past, housing is very pricey at the moment, basically both a man and woman.in a couple both have to work now for barely.enough to live

The nuclear family is dead in the millenial and generation z (1998-current births), and thats a darn shame.

Google.it if you like.

The pendelim has swung and we've strayed so far from the whole 'married by 18' thing of the 50s and 60s.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:56 am

Quote:
I think the whole "a relationship won't.make you happy" and."you.don't need anyone to.make you happy" are common pieces of advice in online dating articles and dating magazines by women, for.women.

This is very true. I'm not allowed to express any desire to meet someone. As soon as I do I'm told this. I got a rally vicious attack from an older woman on Facebook on an article about singleness that I commented on the other day. I think she called me weak or something along those lines

It's confusing because you have to show some openers or men will think you're not open to a relationship, but show too much willingness and you're labelled as desperate.

Just be yourself and ignore the haters I guess.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:13 am

It's because, in reality, women (like men) frequently feel the need for a partner to "complete" them somehow.

Hurtloam: that's pretty nifty that you could "do it yourself." I admit to sucking at that.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2017, 10:29 am

hurtloam wrote:
Quote:

This is very true. I'm not allowed to express any desire to meet someone. As soon as I do I'm told this. I got a rally vicious attack from an older woman on Facebook on an article about singleness that I commented on the other day. I think she called me weak or something along those lines

It's confusing because you have to show some openers or men will think you're not open to a relationship, but show too much willingness and you're labelled as desperate.

Im pretty much just resolved to giving up currently. No girl who isn't like me will be attracted to me therefore I'm just slowly putting my eggs in plan b.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2017, 10:31 am

hurtloam wrote:
Quote:

If you don't mind me asking why do you think you are currently single?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

Why am I single?

I guess I lack soething that more appealing women have. I think it's personality rather than looks.

I'm intelligent and I don't hide it. I can maybe be abrasive when I'm making a point, but I'm also very polite and friendly do I balance it out I hope. I think I am too much of a force to be reckoned with. I'm very resolved and determined about things. I'll post science and nature articles on Facebook (as well as cat memes), but to a regular dude I think that's intimidating.

Found someone like me this past year. I found him too arrogant though, plus he wasn't really all that interested in me. He kinda stood me up after inviting me to a party n didn't turn up.

I liked someone last year who seemed to like me, but every time we organised to meet up something when catastrophically wrong and we didn't meet up. Then he played a mean joke on me and really hurt me, so that was the end of that and he started seeing someone else.