how do girls signal interest?

Page 5 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

How does one attribute blame though?

Between boy and girl in regards to signalling.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2017, 10:31 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I invite him over to my house when I have my sis n her husband over. I also try and invite some single female friends too in the hopes he and one of them might like each other. So far no sparks.

None of my friends have ever done that for me. Is it because they think I'd make a terrible boyfriend, or are they just bad friends? :P

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 11:54 pm

bobchaos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I invite him over to my house when I have my sis n her husband over. I also try and invite some single female friends too in the hopes he and one of them might like each other. So far no sparks.

None of my friends have ever done that for me. Is it because they think I'd make a terrible boyfriend, or are they just bad friends? :P

No, I just understand how difficult it is to meet someone when you're over 30 and i try and create opportunities for people to meet. Most people are paired up and have no concept of other people finding it hard, so don't think to help.

No one does this for me either.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 2:45 am

The one you always hear is that a woman will touch her hair if she's into you. Consequently I am hyper-aware of whether I'm playing with my hair while I'm talking to anyone. I feel like a lot of my aspie behaviours, or even social anxiety in general, could be misread as flirting: staring 'at' people (actually through them), shyness, glancing away, fidgeting, giggling, klutzy or ditsy behaviour around them... And as I get more nervous that I'm accidentally giving off flirty vibes, the behaviour gets more pronounced.

Better to just never talk to anyone ever lol.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2017, 9:59 pm

Hair play I've heard before but it never seemed to be a decent indicator for me. I suspect it's also an anxiety relief thing, like an NT version of stiming. Or to be accurate, I feel like it's not the only thing to look for. Maybe hair play + eye contact + smile or something such.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

How does the hair play thing work?

I mean, playing with hair how does it mean something apart from just playing with hair?

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 1:30 pm

RikMayall wrote:
How does the hair play thing work?

I mean, playing with hair how does it mean something apart from just playing with hair?

It's a preening gesture, behaviour to attract a mate. A healthy head of hair is desirable, playing with hair frames the face to bring attention to it, and exposing the neck is supposedly a sign of sexual attraction.

We're all animals, really.

If she starts playing with your hair, that seems a surer indicator to me :lol: .

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

Here are some ways to tell if a girl is interested over text.

1. You can test to see if a girl is interested by a statement as opposed to asking a question. For instance, saying "yeah I really like playing fetch with my dog out at the park when there are other dogs around" If a girl likes you back, she will reply back with another statement. If a girl doesn't like you, she's not even going to bother and the convo will just stop.

2. Also if the girl likes you she will ask questions as well over text. This means she's interested.

3. She gives you compliments over text.

4. She's receptive to your flirty messages.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

Why do women tell a guy she's drunk?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:45 pm

sly279 wrote:

Maybe so that the guy will think she is loose and fun? This is perceived as desirable to some guys.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:03 pm

There is no easy answer to this one, since everybody has their own style. Guys too.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:03 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Maybe so that the guy will think she is loose and fun? This is perceived as desirable to some guys.

Girl who matched on tinder ,and I clearified I'm looking for a relationship, was messaging and talking about tv shows then she messaged I'm drunk.
I responded with "fun night out?" As I dont know how else to respond. She said " no cousines wedding"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
What's a surefire way of telling if a girl likes you?

If she initiates texting or messaging you just to say hi or good morning or goodnight to you (without asking for favors).

That, in my case, was always a 100% surefire way of telling they like me, the margin of error in that is 0% I assure you; no girl who just sees you as 'friend' would take the trouble by pulling out her phone, to scroll searching your contact in her list, pressing on your name just to send you a hello just for "the sake of new friendship" - this doesn't happen in life ; it happens only if there are other motives (ie. romantic interest, or seeking for a favor or a group outing planning...etc).

So after you establish rapport with them, try to exchange fb/numbers with them, you can text them first but then wait and see if they will ever text you first.

The problem with that approach is that many women (in western culture) want to be chased, they want to be seen as desirable, as something worth working for. Those women are not going to do the chasing and rather than contacting you first will see your lack of contact as lack of interest and she'll find a guy that *will* chase her.

Cultures where men are mainly seen as a meal ticket will have women who are more likely to chase the men instead.

When I look at my son and how he is with people, I don't think a woman who likes to be chased could ever be satisfied in a relationship with him. Therefore, it is just as well that no one teach him to chase at this point in his life; it would be like false marketing.

I realize he may be lucky that there have been girls interested in him and willing to show it, which keeps things easier for him than for many Aspie men, but if you try to get relationships by being someone other than yourself, it seems to me like something of a self-defeating process. A modified, spiffed up version of yourself is fine, of course; everyone does that when dating.

I don't think we're in a culture here where women see men as meal tickets, but I can't say it isn't a factor at all. I would be wary of girlfriends that don't have any natural connections with my son, but so far that really hasn't been a problem.

Everyone he has met has been through common friends or interests. I don't think he would want it any other way; compatibility and shared interests are VERY important to him. He wants someone who will honestly be interested when he rambles on about the things that fascinate him.

It's funny how all moms' sons are sexy gigolos chased by women all the time.

Quote:
One day she rolled her chair over and put her head in his lap. He figured that was a pretty obvious sign

That sign means "I am willing to give you a head".

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

When I look at my son and how he is with people, I don't think a woman who likes to be chased could ever be satisfied in a relationship with him. Therefore, it is just as well that no one teach him to chase at this point in his life; it would be like false marketing.

I realize he may be lucky that there have been girls interested in him and willing to show it, which keeps things easier for him than for many Aspie men, but if you try to get relationships by being someone other than yourself, it seems to me like something of a self-defeating process. A modified, spiffed up version of yourself is fine, of course; everyone does that when dating.

I don't think we're in a culture here where women see men as meal tickets, but I can't say it isn't a factor at all. I would be wary of girlfriends that don't have any natural connections with my son, but so far that really hasn't been a problem.

Everyone he has met has been through common friends or interests. I don't think he would want it any other way; compatibility and shared interests are VERY important to him. He wants someone who will honestly be interested when he rambles on about the things that fascinate him.

It's funny how all moms' sons are sexy gigolos chased by women all the time.

Quote:
One day she rolled her chair over and put her head in his lap. He figured that was a pretty obvious sign

That sign means "I am willing to give you a head".

Congratulations on being completely inappropriate.

I have no clue how you get from meeting a few girls through shared interests or friends to being a sexy gigolo chased by women all the time. This is what I've observed: my son is friendly and easy going and, I would suggest, somewhat non-threatening to girls. The dates I've known about or noticed were a little quirky themselves. Over 4 years I've known of 4 girls, with varying levels of success when it came to dating, all of whom knew him through real life settings before anyone expressed interest. Hardly gigolo status. I would suggest that is normal for someone selecting dates on compatibility and not looking for the hot chick in a bar. I've also never heard him utter a crass word in his life, or had anyone else tell me he does. I have a clue for you: most women don't like crass and inappropriate. Women do like compatible and friendly.

Resting a head in a lap after hours of working together on something isn't sexual. It is intimate, showing a level of comfort and unconcern about someone taking it as flirting. The drama students I volunteer with do things like that all of the time, just as friends.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2017, 6:51 am

sly279 wrote:
Apparently there's. No way. As all the "classic signs" are also things people do at work or to be polite. And since we're men women won't ask as out. It's also not ok for use to ask them if they like us or ask them out unless we know they like us. Future is doomed.

Ditto.

Women will flirt or make effort to chat to you in environments where's there's entertainment, drink and where other people are around. You have to be familiar to her and have something called "friends" to pass her social proof. Loner males are obviously "not right" in a females head.

So If no woman flirts, signals interest or show's enthusiasm to get to know you, I'm afraid its a guys physical looks 99% of the time. A man should never whine about it, normies will always deny looks law and say you need magical abilities like the confidence to speak to women, which is what you possessed anyway.

If you misread signals and politely ask out that female colleague, classmate, whatever.. and she say's "no", your magically the "creepy stalker" or sexual harasser who's acting out of line and they now wish you would find another job or just p**s off. Been that guy and its not nice for women not to appreciate you were interested in them. Like anything you say to a woman, it spreads like wild fire amongst the sisterhood and gets the attention of "Alpha males" or orbiting blimp whiteknights the next day, and your the sitting duck for humiliation. :roll:

"Move on, find people that aren't dicks to you" I've been told. I've been moving on for decades now.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:54 am

Lordosis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis_behavior