Why being a woman must suck at times!

Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:07 pm

Physical strength matters very little within proper discourse between people.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Absolutely.

The only reason I lift weights is because I hate running. And I think getting physical exercise is good both for the mind and the body.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:47 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
No, being a chick really isn't that bad.

Things that actually suck about being a women:

1. Being valued only for your appearance.

2. Being seen as less competent/intelligent/capable than men (and then having idiots lecture you on why that's a "good" thing).

3. Your body "leaks" every 28 days.

4. Having significantly less upper body strength than men.

5. Being considered "old" after you reach age 26.

lol

upper body strength specifically? What a weird statement.

Men don't have significantly more upper body strength than women....?

Men have significantly more strength in general, not just upper body.

Obviously.

But my lower physical body strength is not nearly as sucky as my upper body strength, which is why I mentioned it specifically.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of opening stubborn pickle jars.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

2. Being seen as less competent/intelligent/capable than men (and then having idiots lecture you on why that's a "good" thing).

This is what I wish the people of my gender would stop doing. I am sure women have had enough of this by now. :/

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 18, 2017)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

This is what I wish the people of my gender would stop doing. I am sure women have had enough of this by now. :/

Yeah, but to be completely fair, I wish certain women would stop objectifying men as nothing but human ATMs.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Yeah, but to be completely fair, I wish certain women would stop objectifying men as nothing but human ATMs.

Oh yeah, that too.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 2:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I assume a lot of women see other females in the same way I do as well?

Lol. Theory of mind issue right here.

Just because you see something a certain way doesn't mean other people do.

Do you really believe that women are generally more attracted to each other than they are to men?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:27 pm

They seem to be never happy and content with what they have.

Their lives do suck honestly.

But it's not my problem, bahaha.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:59 pm

1. I haven't really taken note, appearance isn't the most important thing to me.
2. I've never had anyone chase after me, attractive or not. No one who's met me in person has even shown the faintest romantic interest in me.
3. Huh? I've never heard that before. Not an issue for me - I'm asexual, myself, and on the rare occasion I feel any sort of romantic attraction, it's always toward men. Not that I can't find women pleasing to the eye, but there's nothing more to it than noting that I think a woman looks nice.

Something that does suck and hasn't been mentioned yet is that men assume we have it so much easier, that guys are always chasing after us, and if not, it must be our own fault for not taking care of our appearance and we could change that if we'd just put some effort into it. It doesn't matter how much effort I put into it, no guy has ever given me the slightest indication that he finds me attractive.

Another thing about being specifically an autistic woman that frustrates me is that autistic men assume we have it much easier in that regard, too - that we're not affected by it as much, and most, if not all, of us can "fake it 'til we make it." Also not true for me - no matter how hard I try, anyone trying to interact with me at all can tell that something's up with me. I've never had a romantic relationship of any sort, it took me six months of trying my hardest to get even a crappy part-time job and now I don't have even that, I can't live on my own because I can't get a job that pays enough to support myself, I very rarely interact with anyone outside of immediate family and haven't had a real friend since eighth grade, I have severe social anxiety and struggle with depression and self-harm on a regular basis... How, exactly, do I have it any easier? The answer is, I don't.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm

It's mostly the way the uterus works that sucks.

Feeling like I'm only valued for my looks sucks. It's hopefully not true, but it seems like I have to preen more than men to be attractive. When a man isn't interested in me I will usually first assume that it's because I'm not attractive enough, but i know that men can feel unattractive too, so it's not just a female insecurity.

At least I don't have to shave my face on a cold morning.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:31 pm

Oh and most men are attractive. It's a rare one who is a dud

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
My opinions on why being a woman must really suck at times

1. There are not as many physically attractive men out there compared to women

2.having unattractive men chase after you

3. Having more bisexual feeling towards your own gender

Do you think I am right in my opinion or not?

My list is a little different. (You may see some male equivalents, and I am aware of and acknowledge them).

1. Denial of merit: Not taken as seriously, viewed as less competent, or have contributions devalued in male dominated fields.

2. Not given the man pass: More harshly punished and criticized for workplace failures or mess ups.

3. Less likely to be included in career building social outings, or have access to mentors.

4. Viewed as a b!tch if not warm, intuitive, or smiling all the time.

5. Sexual harassment.

6. Restricted freedom of movement due to pathological and opportunistic sexual predators and predators in general.

7. More likely to be raped, and be blamed for it.

8. Unwanted pregnancies and lack of access to contraceptives and abortions.

9. Lack of access to treatments for female reproductive health disorders because said treatments are packaged as birth control which may not be covered by certain insurance policies (Half of women on birth control pills use them to treat these disorders, and not for birth control)

10. Periods....when they come and when they don't (see number 8.).

11. One more body part to get cancer in (cervix or uterus).

12. Significantly higher prevalence of breast and gonad cancer.

13. 6 times more likely to be left by spouse when seriously ill.

14. Less likely to be diagnosed properly when on the spectrum, and more likely to have diagnosis doubted and be denied services.

15. Bras and other uncomfortable clothing items.

16. More often subjected to school dress code violations due to lack of modest yet stylish and feminine clothing options. These girls are really just buying ordinary women's clothing from Target or Walmart in many instances.

17. Being blamed for distracting boys by merely existing.

18. Being called a slut just for being large chested.

19. Having your sex used as an insult and implication of inferiority.

20. Having your experiences concerning these things denied and invalidated or minimized/being told you are over reacting or are being emotional or illogical when you aren't.

21. Men who respond violently when they are rejected.

And this is in the western world. I can add a number of human rights violations if we expand to other countries.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:27 pm

Women as political candidates are held to a much higher standard than men, as we have recently seen.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

Women as political candidates are held to a much higher standard than men, as we have recently seen. No woman candidate could be elected if boastful of her attributes nor after being unmasked as sexually abusive, groping men and ogling them in changing rooms etc, hanging out with convicted paedophile friends and so on. The double standard has never been made clearer.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

This thread is in L&D.

I do wonder if we should keep it to this love and dating context.