[Experiment] Fake female profile befriending females.

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm

This does make sense considering that beauty standards are determined largely by culture.

In America at least beauty standards have become rather unrealistic such that not a lot of people fit them, and this goes for both genders.

From what I understand though beauty standards seem to be much more realistic in Asian culture. Looking at products of Asian culture like anime it depicts "good looking" guys as being thin in opposed to the Caucasian standard of good looking men being muscular, and I've also noticed that "good looking" women are depicted with minimal makeup. It seems much more realistic, so more people will end up meeting that standard.

Based on your description you do seem to fit into the Asian beauty standard more closely then you fit into the Caucasian one, so the results of your experiment make sense.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
-All, not just some or most, without any exception, all East Asian women said they find "my bf" (who is me) so handsome and cute.

Yeah, I've noticed Asian girls are more likely to be attracted to me than white girls. Of course this suits me just fine.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
This does make sense considering that beauty standards are determined largely by culture.

In America at least beauty standards have become rather unrealistic such that not a lot of people fit them, and this goes for both genders.

From what I understand though beauty standards seem to be much more realistic in Asian culture. Looking at products of Asian culture like anime it depicts "good looking" guys as being thin in opposed to the Caucasian standard of good looking men being muscular, and I've also noticed that "good looking" women are depicted with minimal makeup. It seems much more realistic, so more people will end up meeting that standard.

Based on your description you do seem to fit into the Asian beauty standard more closely then you fit into the Caucasian one, so the results of your experiment make sense.

Which beauty standards do western women have for men?

Which beauty standards do Asian women have for men?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

From my admittedly limited research the western ideal for men is big and muscular while the Asian ideal for men is more thin and tall.

It's quite crazy how much culture effects what people attracted to. I saw this experiment once where a photo of a woman was taken and given to people from a bunch of different countries with the instructions to Photoshop her to be more beautiful, and each result is vastly different depending on the culture the person doing the editing grew up in. I suggest looking that up because it's quite interesting, and I would be willing to bet that somebody has done something similar with men.

Deviant Art

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:24 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
It's quite crazy how much culture effects what people attracted to. I saw this experiment once where a photo of a woman was taken and given to people from a bunch of different countries with the instructions to Photoshop her to be more beautiful, and each result is vastly different depending on the culture the person doing the editing grew up in. I suggest looking that up because it's quite interesting, and I would be willing to bet that somebody has done something similar with men.

You mean this one?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:47 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
mean this one?

Yep.

Deviant Art

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:34 pm

Well, you're clearly popular among one group of people. That's where I'd focus my attention if I were you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:35 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

From my admittedly limited research the western ideal for men is big and muscular while the Asian ideal for men is more thin and tall.

I think men are more diversified in their physical preferences, regardless of culture.
At least in my observation.

I did a regional tinder experiment before and the results varied crazily.

Check this viewtopic.php?t=275336

The last 2 pages are interesting too.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 10 Oct 2017, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:37 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Well, you're clearly popular among one group of people. That's where I'd focus my attention if I were you.

It's no coincidence that my partner is eastern Asian after all.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:41 pm

What’s the point other then to show how depressing the world is? Everyone already knows it’s true they just won’t say it cause they don’t want to look like horrible people they are.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:51 pm

sly279 wrote:
What’s the point other then to show how depressing the world is? Everyone already knows it’s true they just won’t say it cause they don’t want to look like horrible people they are.

Well, I love to expose truths, even if they are ugly. :lol:

One of the biggest fat lies that guys keep hearing in society is that women are less visual than men.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 12:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:

One of the biggest fat lies that guys keep hearing in society is that women are less visual than men.

Because they want to believe or at least make them look like they better then men. But it’s well known most women won’t date fat ugly men. I’d rsther you find out why men date fat ugly women? Why are men more accepting

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Oct 2017, 3:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:

If you are looking at dating sites and ask for opinions on photos, then... well, visual gives the most ready information about a person.

I am not visual in general, prefer using other senses. And yes, I want to find a guy physically attractive - in terms of smell, touch, voice. If I looked for someone for casual sex, that probably would be it. But I never did, so you never found me in your experiments :) I don't say they have no value but they are obviously biased.

Just to put it right: Yes, women do care about a man's physical atractiveness. And I believe, the rest is just like with guys: physical is enough for casual dating, if one wants a commitment, it is wise to look beyond it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Oct 2017, 4:00 am

sly279 wrote:
Because they want to believe or at least make them look like they better then men. But it’s well known most women won’t date fat ugly men. I’d rsther you find out why men date fat ugly women? Why are men more accepting

I observe men are more desperate to have women than the opposite. Maybe it has something to do with competition and winner/loser thinking.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 4:05 am

magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I observe men are more desperate to have women than the opposite. Maybe it has something to do with competition and winner/loser thinking.

It's because women are way more selective than men.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Oct 2017, 4:14 am

Closet Genious wrote:
magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:

It's because women are way more selective than men.

Employing my favorite survivalist view - because the women risk more (pregnancy and kids).