Page 1 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/28/health/am ... _expansion
Marianne Bertrand, an economist at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business, has found a "cliff" in relative income in American marriages at the 50-50 split mark. While there are lots of couples where he earns 55 percent of their combined income, there are relatively few where she makes more than he does.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:51 pm

But “women don’t care at all about a mans income” :roll:

I’ve been saying this for years. Most women won’t date low paid men. Most women won’t date men they wouldn’t marry.

I’d probably have a gf i I had a better paying job but the type of good paying jobs that’d hire me are long gone. And as more and more women go to college then men this will only get worse. The USA has a .75 birth rate we use to be over 1 we are worse then we were when our nation started.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:08 pm

It's all about the kids. If the wife is going to be the primary childcare giver, she will expect her husband to be the primary breadwinner. If neither wants kids, or the husband is a great caregiver, expectations are going to be different.

No two people are a statistic. Or an article. YOUR LIFE IS NOT A GENERALIZATION. When you let those things rule your expectations and goals, you will never get what you want.

My husband and the best man at our wedding used to joke about each having proposed to a woman who made significantly more money than they did, but having married one that made less. In both cases work situations changed during the engagement. In his best man's case, she changed careers and eventually went back to making more. He became primary caregiver for the kids. In my case, I was the victim of a restructuring, and both my husband and I agreed that since we wanted kids anyway I would convert to consulting work.

I dated and said "yes" to a man who making a decent amount less than I did. I adjusted my lifestyle after marriage accordingly. No one is a statistic. When you all highlight and complain about things like this it honestly frustrates me. You are TRYING to defeat yourself. WHY?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
Most women won’t date low paid men.

How do you explain all the low paid families, people living in poverty, men with average to low income jobs that have families etc? What you’re saying is bordering on insanity.

When are people ging to realise that it’s not the other person with the problem, it’s you. Stop blaming women and take some responsibility for your life.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 9:50 pm

I showed pictures to Rally and he said I can't get a date because micro-penis.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:04 pm

^ It probably wasn't a good idea to put "micro-penis" on your dating profile.

As your user name.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:06 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

How do you explain all the low paid families, people living in poverty, men with average to low income jobs that have families etc? What you’re saying is bordering on insanity.

When are people ging to realise that it’s not the other person with the problem, it’s you. Stop blaming women and take some responsibility for your life.

Did you read the article? It shows what I’ve been saying due to what I see women saying.

What do you consider low payed? I make under 9,000 a year. Poverty line for single is 12,000
It’s 28,000 for family of 4 so a guy making 28,000 and supporting a wife and 2 kids is poor. Low paid families would probably be 40,000-50,000 middle class is around 100,000 I think. How many men who make 9,000 or less a year with family’s have you seen?

When will you accept reality? Go ask nurseangle about it she’ll tell you she won’t date anyone who makes less then her and prefers one who makes more then her, and she’s far from the only woman in wp who thinks that way there’s a bunch here alone. Most the ones who don’t are from Europe or Asia (New zealand and Australia included)

Brows Craigslist from my area, make a fake male account on dating sites and read women’s profiles a majority say they want date a man who doesn’t have a good job, car and place aka has his life together. I didn’t make this up from thin air and nearly every thread about it has the those women here come and say it’s true. I had a close female friend tell me I need to get a better job so I can pay for vacations and dinners out every week for s girl if I ever want to have a gf.

It’s tradition that they guy makes more and provides that hasn’t died and is still pushed by society and majority of women in the USA. The male provider and female housewife is still very much alive here I’d bet it’s around 50% or so.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

Do you suffer from micro-penis too?

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2017, 10:09 pm

I could pull off micro-penis

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm

This thread turned dirty quick. :lol:

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 10:12 pm

SZWell wrote:
I could pull off micro-penis

It's hard to pull off.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:26 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

It's simple; uggos who would date up if they could. lol
I really doubt any of them actually want to be in poverty, but they have little choice, and chances are it happens after they get married in many cases. Doesn't help women statistically spend more money despite earning less. Kind of a sinkhole.

Anyway, I'll be glad to watch these crybabies whine about there being "no good men". It's time me stop killing themselves working jobs for families that don't appreciate them.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:31 am

Why do guys get so angry about the income thing? So women find middle-class guys more attractive. So what? So guys find women with waist to hip ratio of 0.7 more attractive. So what.

Expecting women to disregard your income would be just as foolish as expecting you to disregard her looks. Do you expect all women to act like selfless saints and date paupers? Only if men act like selfless saints and date unattractive women.

I hear all this stuff about how "Women won't date me because I'm poor" or "Women won't date me because I'm short" or "Women won't date me because I'm ugly". Well women are allowed to have preferences in dating just like you are so if she wants to date a tall, rich, handsome man, that's her choice.

I don't get why it's a sin for women to not be attracted to poor guys (or short guys). It's not a sin for women to exercise their choice.

I've been there. I used to work part time for low pay. I had never had a girlfriend. Instead of complaining about how women only like financially secure guys, I quit my part time job, lost 120 pounds, got a full time job at $55,000 per year and since then I've had three girlfriends.

The solution to the problem is not for women to change their preferences so they like poor guys. They don't have to. It's not illegal for them to prefer middle class guys. The solution is for poor men to get paying jobs. Yes I know this not a trivial task. It's a very difficult task. But job searching is more productive than complaining.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:47 am

sly279 wrote:
Did you read the article? It shows what I’ve been saying due to what I see women saying.

What do you consider low payed? I make under 9,000 a year. Poverty line for single is 12,000
It’s 28,000 for family of 4 so a guy making 28,000 and supporting a wife and 2 kids is poor. Low paid families would probably be 40,000-50,000 middle class is around 100,000 I think. How many men who make 9,000 or less a year with family’s have you seen?

When will you accept reality? Go ask nurseangle about it she’ll tell you she won’t date anyone who makes less then her and prefers one who makes more then her, and she’s far from the only woman in wp who thinks that way there’s a bunch here alone. Most the ones who don’t are from Europe or Asia (New zealand and Australia included)

Brows Craigslist from my area, make a fake male account on dating sites and read women’s profiles a majority say they want date a man who doesn’t have a good job, car and place aka has his life together. I didn’t make this up from thin air and nearly every thread about it has the those women here come and say it’s true. I had a close female friend tell me I need to get a better job so I can pay for vacations and dinners out every week for s girl if I ever want to have a gf.

It’s tradition that they guy makes more and provides that hasn’t died and is still pushed by society and majority of women in the USA. The male provider and female housewife is still very much alive here I’d bet it’s around 50% or so.

They problem is you, mate. Not the people who won't date you. You won't fix the problem unless you proactively try to change your situation so you feel better about yourself.

I live reality. I've worked the crappiest jobs, I was at one for 5 years where I earned $7 an hour before tax. went to the lowest decile high school in my city where people were constantly getting beaten up. I know for a fact that poor men and teenagers can get women, have kids, have a family.

Who the hell is Nurse angle, and who cares? It's one person. Craigslist is basically the anus of the internet. I can't believe you are basing people on what you find on there.

I'm basing my opinion on 32 years of life experience mixing with a wide variety of people, not the opinions of craigslist, an internet person, and some girl who friend zoned you.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:57 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Why do guys get so angry about the income thing? So women find middle-class guys more attractive. So what? So guys find women with waist to hip ratio of 0.7 more attractive. So what.

Expecting women to disregard your income would be just as foolish as expecting you to disregard her looks. Do you expect all women to act like selfless saints and date paupers? Only if men act like selfless saints and date unattractive women.

I hear all this stuff about how "Women won't date me because I'm poor" or "Women won't date me because I'm short" or "Women won't date me because I'm ugly". Well women are allowed to have preferences in dating just like you are so if she wants to date a tall, rich, handsome man, that's her choice.

I don't get why it's a sin for women to not be attracted to poor guys (or short guys). It's not a sin for women to exercise their choice.

I've been there. I used to work part time for low pay. I had never had a girlfriend. Instead of complaining about how women only like financially secure guys, I quit my part time job, lost 120 pounds, got a full time job at $55,000 per year and since then I've had three girlfriends.

The solution to the problem is not for women to change their preferences so they like poor guys. They don't have to. It's not illegal for them to prefer middle class guys. The solution is for poor men to get paying jobs. Yes I know this not a trivial task. It's a very difficult task. But job searching is more productive than complaining.

Because women care aboutrns looks just as much as men cares about a woman's.

I care about a girls looks and personality. Once I'm innmy late 20s average woman my age will care about looks. Personality and income, while I will still care about only looks and personality.

Yes.women and men are allowed tp have preferences but as its been shownntime and time again the majority of men here have lower standards for what they want in a woman then what the average woman their age wants from a man.

You know Sly's standards are low as f*ck.

He has said he would date chubby, jobless poor depressed women who live with their parents, would they date him back?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:00 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Because in this age of "equality" we expect women to put money where their mouth is, rather than, you know, their feet. God forbid they should actually put in their fair share instead of still expecting men to be the providers without losing their own benefits.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...