But it’s all about personality >.>

Page 25 of 34 [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:38 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
I've noticed that people who don't find this as difficult are mostly those surrounded by other healthy lifestyle people, therefor when they fall back on what's easy and convenient it's on a different level eg.

Not me. I just control my weight by skipping meals and occasionally fasting for 2 or 3 days.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:50 am

I can't tell if that's an okay or risky way to lose weight.

Eating way too little for a long time yeah but "here and there"?

But no judgements here.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:00 am

I'm not certain either but I figure there's no way to lose weight without somehow eating less.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:00 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I'm not certain either but I figure there's no way to lose weight without somehow eating less.

There is, actually: just burn more calories than you get. I'm pretty sure that what you are doing is unhealthy... maybe not the worst possible thing to do, but unhealthy.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:29 am

Outrider wrote:
Its easier to lose weight than to cure mental illness.

When mental illness cause weight problems then they go hand in hand.

2/3 Australian adults are overweight.

Do 2/3 fat people in Australia have mental.problems making it harder for them.to keep weight off?

My experiences: I was fat as a teenager and unhealthily lost the weight from an eating disorder and overexercise.

Same.thing when I was 17.

Despite healthy eating and weight training I am fairly weak.

My strength was below average and is only.now just above average many months later.

Almost a year of proper diet and exercise I am not very strong and average in physique. But I don't give up.

I recovered from being both fat and anorexia.

Today I have an unhealthy obsession with healthy diet and exercise causing me lots of stress. It's been like this the whole journey but nearly 4 years later I'm finally becomig healthyish.

So I know.exacty.what you're talking.about.

*sigh*

In my experience, many "fat" people suffer from anxiety, depression, emotional issues, et. al. and they turn to over-eating as a coping mechanism.

Mental illness often causes "fatness," and it's not so easy for some people to simply drop the pounds. "Trying harder" doesn't cure anxiety, depression, or emotional issues.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:12 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

There is, actually: just burn more calories than you get. I'm pretty sure that what you are doing is unhealthy... maybe not the worst possible thing to do, but unhealthy.

What difference does it make if I achieve this by increasing my daily exercise by 500 calories or decreasing my diet by 500 calories?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 5:19 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

What difference does it make if I achieve this by increasing my daily exercise by 500 calories or decreasing my diet by 500 calories?

It doesn't, but you said you sometimes skip entire meals in order to lose weight. I'm pretty sure that's not healthy, especially if you have regular mealtimes since your body would have gotten used to receiving more energy around certain times of the day... but I could be wrong, I'm not a health care professional or anything.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 7:43 am

Once a fast starts exceeding 24 hours it starts getting a bit ridiculous.. And you're probably losing more bone and muscle mass than actual fat at that point..

If you want to lose fat extremely fast, I would do something similar to PSMF(protein sparing modified fast).
It's essentially a super low calorie diet, but high in protein(to spare healthy mass), essential fats and enough vitamins and minerals to not sacrifice your health.
It usually ends up being around 1000 calories a day, 2-4 meals of lean meats, veggies, olive oil, supplementation of omega 3 and vitamin D.

It's a barebones diet. And in my opinion PSMF is way to aggresive for most people. Fasting for several days is just not great. The more aggresive you go, the higher the risk is for developing eating disorders.

The people who end up looking the best, are the ones with flexible diets, and a moderate deficit of 500 a day.
The tortoise always beats the hare.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:02 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Do 2/3 fat people in Australia have mental.problems making it harder for them.to keep weight off?

My experiences: I was fat as a teenager and unhealthily lost the weight from an eating disorder and overexercise.

My strength was below average and is only.now just above average many months later.

Almost a year of proper diet and exercise I am not very strong and average in physique. But I don't give up.

Today I have an unhealthy obsession with healthy diet and exercise causing me lots of stress. It's been like this the whole journey but nearly 4 years later I'm finally becomig healthyish.

*sigh*

In my experience, many "fat" people suffer from anxiety, depression, emotional issues, et. al. and they turn to over-eating as a coping mechanism.

Mental illness often causes "fatness," and it's not so easy for some people to simply drop the pounds. "Trying harder" doesn't cure anxiety, depression, or emotional issues.

You've missed my point entirely

80% of american men are overweight.

Do 80% of American men have anxiety, depression or emotional issues?

Depression. The most common mental illness, most studies say 10% of the population suffers from depression a year.

2/3rds of Australians are fat, do 2/3 Australuns have a mental.health problem?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 10:56 am

Where did you get that 80% of Americans are overweight.

On any given day on a subway train, I find that most people are actually of "normal" weight. Maybe 40% or so are overweight.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 2:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Where did you get that 80% of Americans are overweight.

On any given day on a subway train, I find that most people are actually of "normal" weight. Maybe 40% or so are overweight.

Probably cause what you consider normal wieght isn’t ,medically considered normal wieght. I see lots of fat guys on the bus system and at work.

CDC
Percent of adults aged 20 and over with overweight, including obesity: 70.7%
Percent of adults aged 20 and over with obesity: 37.9%

Percent of adolescents aged 12-19 years with obesity: 20.6%
Percent of children aged 6-11 years with obesity: 17.4%
Percent of children aged 2-5 years with obesity: 9.4%

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 204f799078

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 2:35 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
I've noticed that people who don't find this as difficult are mostly those surrounded by other healthy lifestyle people, therefor when they fall back on what's easy and convenient it's on a different level eg.

Not me. I just control my weight by skipping meals and occasionally fasting for 2 or 3 days.

I’d suggest calorie counting rather then skipping meals.
I eat 3 meals a day that add up to 1600 calories or less. About 500ish each meal.i have a apmthat I use to track it.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 3:10 pm

There's really nothing wrong with practising short fasts like that, as long as you're sensible and mindful about it. Sure, if you start to feel faint or weak as a result, then eat something, but otherwise it can be pretty beneficial.

If you're working out it can help you gain muscle, human growth hormone production gets a significant boost from fasting.

Personally, I fast at least 24 hours between meals, train fasted, and prioritise protein (crucial for a low calorie diet). My strength has only increased since I started doing things this way.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 3:17 pm

So apparently I’m super unpopular on pof

Also I mistakenly uploaded pics of me to imgar public. And got 14 down votes and a mean comment :cry:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 3:38 pm

Outrider wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Outrider wrote:

*sigh*

You've missed my point entirely

80% of american men are overweight.

Do 80% of American men have anxiety, depression or emotional issues?

Depression. The most common mental illness, most studies say 10% of the population suffers from depression a year.

2/3rds of Australians are fat, do 2/3 Australuns have a mental.health problem?

Quite possibly.

You're always going on about how bad modern society is for humanity's well-being.

I just find it odd how some people here are quick to rush to judgement regarding other people's issues while simultaneously pleading for understanding of their own.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 3:54 pm

sly279 wrote:

So apparently I’m super unpopular on pof

Also I mistakenly uploaded pics of me to imgar public. And got 14 down votes and a mean comment :cry:

Down votes? why would anyone down vote? if they don't like, move on, what sort of sad people down vote? As for leaving a negative comment, who thinks like that? sly you need to realise this is their problem not yours.

So you're ugly, I don't know that, to me you're two feet tall with red fur and pointy ears, but you keep telling us you're ugly so I'll believe you, but there are worse things to be than ugly. For example you could a t**t like the person that made the negative comment.