Is there any dating sites worth my patients?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

chand5309
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2017, 7:35 pm

I've heard there are dating sites linked to this site. I'm not much of a fan after all the disappointments I went through of never being able to make contact with a girl on my past dating sites and other types of sites that involve romance. However, are the ones connected to wrongplanet any better than the ones that are not?

Here are some common problems I've experienced

* every woman you message will never reply back.

* the sites that use money to talk to girls are always actually fembots used to trick men into thinking they're eventually going to get to be with these girls, but in reality, the website is just abusing lonely men for their money and nothing more.

* my sister commonly gets a date with men online, but if I use the same website as her, I never get a date with any woman.(Online dating is only effective for females and insanely rarely effective for males.)

* There are far too many bad reviews on all kinds of different dating sites, especially the one's that are hook up sites! Why is 90% of the population on dating sites crappy!? It just is for the heck of it!

If anyone knows of a dating that dosen't make any of those major flaws and is actually worth my time, then please give me some information on what these dating sites are. I'd really appreciate a legit working dating site.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

I think your sister could offer better advice than anyone else here if she were willing to. In particular, she is likely to be able to say whether your choices for dating partners are appropriate or not.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:27 am

Hello

Sorry but I'm not able to help, just wanted to say that your lack of response is not surprising and not to compare with your sister. Even though I'm looking, like most women, I don't use the sites, because I would find it so difficult to feel safe in those circumstances, compared to knowing someone (even a little bit) in real life. This is not very rational but a lot of women feel this way so on line they almost assume someone is a weirdo until proven otherwise whereas in real life it is the other way round. This means there are a lot of men per female and each male contacts a lot of females in comparison to the females contacting very few, and those the ones most able to present themselves as normal. Don't wish to put you off trying, just don't feel bad about the lack of response.

Does your sister meet up with any of her responses? I ask because I don't know any females who actually did this, even though they were very keen to meet someone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 4:42 pm

Your sister is female, while you are male.

That's why your experiences with dating sites are so opposite and different.

Here are some guy's stats on dating sites:

https://psiloveyou.xyz/i-used-tinder-ha ... 988687661a

Males on dating sites get by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar maybe by 200x times get less messages on dating sites compared to females.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 12:24 am

Doctor, do you patients know you're willing to trade them for a date?

As for the rest of your post.. if your sister is getting dates from those sites, then each and every date is proof that those sites not only work for females, but also for every single male your sister goes on a date with. So, it's not the site, it's you, your profile, your communications, your appearance etc.

And while this is obviously different, hookup/dating sites do work very very well for a lot of males.. especially those of us that are gay. But it's infinitely easier for us to connect with one another than it is for a hetero guy to get a date with a female. I'm just making the point that there are definitely large groups of males that have very high success rates meeting others online. It's just that we're gay, though. Apples to oranges, I know, but it's not as if hookup/dating sites don't work for any males.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 9:13 am

There are likely to be hetero females on the site that would be interested in you. But, if they fall below your standards, you won't message them and the chance of hooking up is about zero.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Nov 2017, 4:13 am

You could try an international one think mail-order bride site. I've known some people who met on those types of sites. I would of gone that route if I had the money & resources because I had NO luck but bad trying to get a woman here in America.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cuddle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2017, 9:08 pm

Get a hobby and join a group related to it? Volunteer somewhere? Get out and meet people! Focus on friendships so you won't seem so desperate. More likely to meet someone this way.

pineapplehead
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2017, 4:11 am

All dating sites suck if you're male.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 4:54 am

I really don't know any dating sites that are actually good. To me they personally suck and are one of the worst ways to find someone trustworthy and worth your time. I don't want to say all dating sites suck as I never actually been on one but I've heard nothing but terrible things about them by pretty much everyone I've known, like my mother who has tried multiple.

If you want to find someone to date through an online source, I think the best is to build up relationships with those you find on sites/forums, groups of interest that are not dating sites. From experience, I met someone on an adult pokemon site, one of the site's tech people, who I love dearly. We had started talking, sexting and building up a very solid friendship and probably...like after over a year (lol...) we had began to come out about having deep feelings for one another. I wasn't looking for someone to date though...so I don't know if that route would help you or really anyone looking to get started with dating someone.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 4:48 pm

pineapplehead wrote:

Honestly, society can be just as sexist to males than females, if not even more.
Especially in today's age, men only look like they have it better on the surface.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 4:59 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
pineapplehead wrote:

Honestly, society can be just as sexist to males than females, if not even more.
Especially in today's age, men only look like they have it better on the surface.

These statements are a bit ridiculous, IMO.

Dating sites suck if you're terrible at social interactions in person or online. They suck if you're considered very unattractive by conventional standards of beauty, too. But in general they tend to work just fine for the vast majority of people. Sure, everyone has their ups and downs with success rates.. attracting ideal dates/hookups one day, no one or just creeps the next, but in general they tend to work or they wouldn't be so popular and people wouldn't be using them. (or apps etc)

Probably the biggest reason that men "look like they have it better on the surface" is because the surface you're looking at is not unlike your username, Hollywood. You're looking at marketing or success stories of stereotypically good looking alpha males. They're going to account for the majority of the success stories and marketing, so it appears like men have it easy... but in reality those are Hollywood-like projections of men's experiences on dating sites, not the typical experience of the average guy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
I really don't know any dating sites that are actually good. To me they personally suck and are one of the worst ways to find someone trustworthy and worth your time. I don't want to say all dating sites suck as I never actually been on one but I've heard nothing but terrible things about them by pretty much everyone I've known, like my mother who has tried multiple.

If you want to find someone to date through an online source, I think the best is to build up relationships with those you find on sites/forums, groups of interest that are not dating sites. From experience, I met someone on an adult pokemon site, one of the site's tech people, who I love dearly. We had started talking, sexting and building up a very solid friendship and probably...like after over a year (lol...) we had began to come out about having deep feelings for one another. I wasn't looking for someone to date though...so I don't know if that route would help you or really anyone looking to get started with dating someone.

Bolded the part that pretty much invalidates your post & advice about online dating sites.. seriously, how could you form such a negative judgement of an online experience you've never even had? :roll:

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 6:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
pineapplehead wrote:

These statements are a bit ridiculous, IMO.

Dating sites suck if you're terrible at social interactions in person or online. They suck if you're considered very unattractive by conventional standards of beauty, too. But in general they tend to work just fine for the vast majority of people. Sure, everyone has their ups and downs with success rates.. attracting ideal dates/hookups one day, no one or just creeps the next, but in general they tend to work or they wouldn't be so popular and people wouldn't be using them. (or apps etc)

Probably the biggest reason that men "look like they have it better on the surface" is because the surface you're looking at is not unlike your username, Hollywood. You're looking at marketing or success stories of stereotypically good looking alpha males. They're going to account for the majority of the success stories and marketing, so it appears like men have it easy... but in reality those are Hollywood-like projections of men's experiences on dating sites, not the typical experience of the average guy.

I'm going to say that I actually had been replied a few time more recently from women on those sites. I just didn't think of taking it to a next level after that yet. I was only going by my observations of seeing what a group of men are saying online in places like forums or blogs, and talking about how common gender-based double standards are for dating and attractiveness. I /might say that there is some validated truth to that based on my own personal experience with rejection or heartbreak. I'm not lost on hope 100% yet, but the men who bring this up online in significant numbers can make me concerned about society, the dating world, and where it is heading.

As a note, before I did this response, I was also about to ask where I can move if there is a country where men don't have to put up with as many social double standards or favoritism.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I'm going to say that I actually had been replied a few time more recently from women on those sites. I just didn't think of taking it to a next level after that yet. I was only going by my observations of seeing what a group of men are saying online in places like forums or blogs, and talking about how common gender-based double standards are for dating and attractiveness. I /might say that there is some validated truth to that based on my own personal experience with rejection or heartbreak. I'm not lost on hope 100% yet, but the men who bring this up online in significant numbers can make me concerned about society, the dating world, and where it is heading.

As a note, before I did this response, I was also about to ask where I can move if there is a country where men don't have to put up with as many social double standards or favoritism.

Bolded your problem right there. People don't head to the internet and rave about their great experiences. They hop online to air their grievances and complaints. Same goes for product reviews. Very few happy customers will bother heading back online to rate a product highly, but damn near every single unhappy customer will get online and post a negative review.

The people who are completely content, or even happy or ecstatic, with the results of their online dating/chat/meeting up experiences are out living their lives, being social, going on dates, meeting for coffee, building relationships, getting laid etc not returning to the internet to blah blah blah about those things, so the things you read online, while they may be overwhelmingly negative.. are from the small majority of people having undesirable experiences who are the vocal majority when it comes to posting about them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Dec 2017, 7:42 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
I met the 3 girlfriend's I had(have) on forums. Me & the 1st girl were really good friends & had some weird things in common before she tole me she liked me. I met the other two girlfriends on this forum but I posted ALOT about what I wanted in a partner, the way I am in relationships & what I have to offer a partner & all this was very unique for an Aspie. I was single for more than a few years but it eventually worked for me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition